First Name
katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not late availability. It could be "commodity constrained". That's a distinction that people need to start understanding.
would you mind explaining the difference?
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford obviously has it set right to wring money out of people...they package a bunch of littlle things that are normally on lower packages these days together...to get people to go all in on Lux. I want Adaptive cruise for those trips to the beach....so Ford locked me into the highest package to get it. The other stuff exclusive to lux will be nice to have but I wouldn't have paid for it.

BiggieStallz

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The main reason I would want the lux package is the wireless phone charger. It really should be part of the mid package. Why offer wireless android auto/Apple CarPlay on all trims standard but make you get the top of the line package to get a wireless charger?

The Apple CarPlay is wireless?

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is one thing I've hated about the auto industry...how you are forced into these high packages for one or two features.

OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im in the same boat. I love audio, so the B&O would be great. I know that the standard 6 speakers won't cut it, and the difference from high to lux im questioning how much an install would be anyway if I did it somewhere else.

Do you guys have any insight on a rough guestimate of how much an upgraded stereo would be? And how easy would it even be to tie into sync 4. Add an amp and a sub.?

The way i see it, the wireless charger and the heated steeting wheel are just a plus
Well it’s gonna be a challenge. I expect the B&O to be better than the base system. But only OK. You could try to just improve the subwoofer, but aftermarket is so much harder than just adding better speakers and an amp now. It will depend on a lot. Is there active noise canceling? That’s a beast. There is no currently available aftermarket integration. They’ll come soon, but for a while you’ll be constrained to a post amplifier input into a Digital signal processor. It’ll be a headache and I don’t know if the B&O adds to the headache or if it’s the same for standard setup.

Then you might want to consider weather resistance. Might go with Hertz speakers just for loudness since it’s an open-air vehicle and those rear speakers are quite far from the front seats.

You could spent $1000 and end up with crappy weird audio. To do it right might be spendy. Upwards of $3,000 with amp, speakers, sub, and install to include cleaning the audio signal. It’s not always as simple as waiting for the right NavTV to come out either.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Demand looks higher than initially expected for Lux/Sas/Leather etc...so they will run out of parts before all orders are filled...thus "commodity constrained". They will still build Broncos with those until they run out. Late availability means there won't have any for a while...i.e. Modular Hard Top.

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat. Though I walked by a Bronco Sport the other day and I can't remember what trim it was, but that sound system was BOOMING.

If I really had to guess it was the B&O system because I can't see six speakers producing the amount of bass I heard from that car.

Ford really got us with this one. They knew we would want the B&O system by itself, but nope, gotta get all the other shit with it. As a marketing major I can't do anything but respect the hustle 😂

OP
OP
J_Meh_Cray_D

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How and Why would you upgrade the B&O radio system? Like, seriously, what’s it lacking that you would be able to hear inside a Bronco? It’s not a rolling music studio or ENT quiet room for testing your hearing, after all.

I ask because the B&O is just about the only thing that is driving me up into the Lux. Otherwise I think High is all I need.

so what’s the point of paying for B&O just to rip it out?
I’m not sophisticated. I have to feel the music. And if I’ve got the top and doors off, I think everyone else should feel it too. I’m tired of pretending otherwise!

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Late Availability - Ford has stated that late availability items will not start rolling off the lines until late MY21. I have the mod top in my order and am not expecting a delivery date before mid to late fall because of it (assuming allocation doesn't push me into MY22 anyway)

Commodity Constrained - There may be supplier issues on certain parts. Vehicles will be assembled as parts are available. Meaning there will be Broncos with the Lux package, 2.7, etc being built in June but depending on how fast the suppliers of those parts, some builds may have to wait for the next shipment of parts to arrive.

IIRC, The modular hardtop is the only late availability item at this point. The mansquatch was but they've pushed it to MY22.

The "6 deadly options" or whatever the hell people are calling them are things that could see your vehicle waiting for a part to arrive. If you're an early reservation, it probably won't affect you at all. If you are only opting for one of those constrained items, you may not even notice the delay. If you have all of them, it could be a significant wait, or it could not be. Ford could resolve the supply line issues and none of those items will cause delays.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think a lot of people really put the lux package on a pedestal. Its pretty basic tech stuff. It's just that this truck comes so stripped down out of the box...Its no surprise how many 6G orders have lux packages. If I am waiting a year, I am going to get as many forward thinking options as possible, such as adaptive cruise. The lux package is already behind the market NOW given other Fords have lane centering cruise, which is a step up. Just goes to show.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

ace119

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How and Why would you upgrade the B&O radio system? Like, seriously, what’s it lacking that you would be able to hear inside a Bronco? It’s not a rolling music studio or ENT quiet room for testing your hearing, after all.

I ask because the B&O is just about the only thing that is driving me up into the Lux. Otherwise I think High is all I need.

so what’s the point of paying for B&O just to rip it out?
I think the biggest benefit of the B&O system is that the wiring, speaker enclosures, etc. are already there, rather than trying to build something custom or wait for the aftermarket to catch up. It's hard to know if the upgraded sound system will actually be good until you hear it, but if you upgrade at least you already have everything wired so you mostly just have to replace the speakers.

I'm not an audiophile by any means, but I do like loud music and want to be able to hear it with the top and doors off. I'm guessing that the B&O system will be fine for my taste, but if it's not I know it will be easier to upgrade. I am also fairly confident that the base 6 speaker system isn't going to cut it for me.
Sponsored