First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just a guess but Ford probably wanted a good street tire most for the ‘squatch.

Anybody serious about off roading is going to stop by discount tire on the way home and throw on a set of nitto trail grapplers or KM3’s.
Because Ford wants the Territorys to be traded back in for dealers to throw on used F150s with a spacer lift. Smart. But ya know anyone actually serious about offroading is going for swampers!
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just want to confirm that MT here doesn't mean "Maximum Taint". Please confirm as the tire folks have been changing their acronyms and confusing customers lately.

Sasquatch package will be the most under-utilized off-road package Bronco offers. Running a few simple numbers to maximize potential, and you're quickly at Badlands without Squatch as the lowest cost, most capable off road Bronco available at this time. Spend the savings on the tires you were going to need for your squatch anyway, and pick up ALLLLLLLLLL the ladies loitering about outside your local strip-mall, WalMart or shopping center.
One can pre-select Walmart ladies without having to actually spend much time at Walmart by going here: https://www.peopleofwalmart.com 😄

Last edited:

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have run Duratracs and K02's, love both. I ordered my Bronco with the KO2's with plans to upgrade later. I always assumed this new Territory was the spiritual successor to the Duratrac seeing as how its being used widely by OEMs now (like the Duratrac was and KO2 is) for off-road application. I would be very surprised if the Territory did not offer a noticeable improvement to the KO2 off-road. I don't think anyone is expecting serious mud terrain like performance, but it's not difficult to be more aggressive than a KO2.
I have little experience in this segment but I will add the following from my extensive research... it seems people either love the KO2's or they feel they are just okay... Goodyear seems to not be well received by enthusiasts in the off-road industry. I am simply basing this off of forum remarks and video review comments I have found.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Tremor came with the durashits. Worst tire ever!!!
Maybe it's the region, because I've heard others that hate the Dura trac, but up here in the PNW, it's fantastic for a DD/weekend warrior, camper towing tire.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had 315/70/17 Duratracs on my Jeep and loved them. Good on road, good on trail (ran them off road in Colorado, Moab, Ruibicon trail) with no issues. I did get 40k miles on them before getting a new set.

I‘m getting Sas so we’ll see what happens but my only worry is they do look ‘soft’ (just as the guy in the video said). This is good for general road comfort and sound but does make me wonder how good the tread life will be on a heavy Bronco. But, the softness will help (with the siping) in snow/winter and I am pretty confident these tires will get the 3 speak snow symbol approval.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have little experience in this segment but I will add the following from my extensive research... it seems people either love the KO2's or they feel they are just okay... Goodyear seems to not be well received by enthusiasts in the off-road industry. I am simply basing this off of forum remarks and video review comments I have found.
I think real offroaders know that MTR Kevlars are the shit!

Also I posted a thread thw other day about taking a sawzall and a machete to BFG KO2s and older GY MTs, the goodyears sidewalls won and my arms lost especially when the sawzall failed and I had to break out the machete.

I've never been an All Terrain of any brand fan but Goodyear has been known to do it better for a very long time. Nothing even compares to a blad set of swampers with some grooves cut in em though.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had 315/70/17 Duratracs on my Jeep and loved them. Good on road, good on trail (ran them off road in Colorado, Moab, Ruibicon trail) with no issues. I did get 40k miles on them before getting a new set.

I‘m getting Sas so we’ll see what happens but my only worry is they do look ‘soft’ (just as the guy in the video said). This is good for general road comfort and sound but does make me wonder how good the tread life will be on a heavy Bronco. But, the softness will help (with the siping) in snow/winter and I am pretty confident these tires will get the 3 speak snow symbol approval.
My experience was similar in my Jeep. I had 35k on them when I sold it and there was plenty of tread left. They are not known to have the strongest sidewalls, but that was never an issue for me as the terrain here is not that rocky.

OP
OP
Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe it's the region, because I've heard others that hate the Dura trac, but up here in the PNW, it's fantastic for a DD/weekend warrior, camper towing tire.
From what I hear all the positive reviews are by people who live where there is snow.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Per Goodyear's website. They used to sell both All Terrain tires (would slap an 'A/T' in the name) and Mud-tires (would slap M/T in the name of those tires). One day, the marketing folks sat bolt upright in bed and had an amazing thought!

A few phone calls and some website coding later; Per their website; Goodyear no longer makes Mud Tires. The make on road and off road tires. Now, for the off road tires, they only sell All Terrain tires. Certainly they look absolutely identical to the old A/T and M/T tires. The descriptions are the same, names as well, including the A/T and M/T. Except that now M/T means Maximum Traction All Terrain tires.

Sure they look like mud tires, they act like mud tires, they are soft and wear quickly like mud tires, the don't currently carry the Three Snowflake rating, and they are named exactly the same as the 'old' mud tires, but they are Maximum Traction All Terrain Tires now. Praise be!

The Samsquatch tire tread look to be hybrid mud tires, they seem to be soft and squishy like hybrid mud tires, they are called mud tires in every single bit of Ford literature, but don't be fooled. The are Maximum Traction All Terrain tires.

Short version;

Since Goodyear says they no longer make mud tires, they cannot be mud tires.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
given the new GY MT lug layout, their not mud, but aggressive AT, that is what I want for normal use.
agreed, hybrids. For that reason, I am not that hopeful on the snow performance.

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't recall where I read it, but somewhere on Ford's official docs (like that makes it true) they specifically said the MT was Mud Terrain. I know some folks say it means Multi Terrain.
Ford refers to this as Mud Terrain, Goodyear prefers to call it Maximum Traction based on an interview on youtube.
Sponsored