Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... won't begin payments until delivery.
WTF? He didn't give you the option to prepay?!? I guess you didn't qualify for the white glove premium package. My condolences. ;)
Sponsored

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, guys.

Just got the best call in my life. Lol. My dealer just called and said I can come in Monday to officially place my order (South Bay Ford in Southern CA, LA area).

I am totally surprised. I'm number 350 out of 400, and I was told I wouldn't be placing an order until Fall 2021. I was also told this location would only receive 100 MY21s.

Anyone know how this is possible? Is this too good to be true? Fingers crossed. Hoping for a 2021. We shall see.
Fingers crossed that you get the '21 that you want. Congrats. Am I the only one who wouldn't totally mind if mine winds up a '22? I ordered a LUX Wildtrak, Dual roofs, Painted hard top, etc....etc..., so I'm guessing I'm gonna be a '22. My thought process is that they might work out a few kinks between '21 and '22 models. Maybe I'm nuts?! My wife says I am all the time....

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@iwantmydamnarea51 They could be before you off course but if they convert after 19 March then they are in the second scheduling whole you should be in the first.
Yeah, but that’s only the case if OP gets their Bronco in the first 3 months. If OP is scheduled to get their Bronco in month 4 or later, then if any of those people convert they will go to the front of the line and push OP back.

Either way... I’m highly suspicious of what the dealer has been telling OP.

Maybe they have a really early reservation they’re spec’ing the way OP wants, and they intend to sell them that one?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't see this first buying experience ending well.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, but that’s only the case if OP gets their Bronco in the first 3 months. If OP is scheduled to get their Bronco in month 4 or later, then if any of those people convert they will go to the front of the line and push OP back.

Either way... I’m highly suspicious of what the dealer has been telling OP.

Maybe they have a really early reservation they’re spec’ing the way OP wants, and they intend to sell them that one?
Ok. Let's riddle, cuz I'm slow "Bless my heart".

If the dealer is telling the truth *cough cough*, there are no supply constraints and the OP has a late date. If the other currently converted reservations are whatever, and he gets in this quarters allocation.

If the early folks finally convert after 19 March then they are in the next bit of scheduling and he has beaten them to delivery. Granted my list of *givens* is tough to get.

Sponsored
OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Trolling?
Not trolling, sensing a lot of negativity within this thread, lol, I guess people don't believe it or are mad they haven't been able to order.

But I placed my order yesterday, and it's already verified on my Ford account, so haters can hate.

We'll see what happens in May.

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

If the dealer is telling the truth *cough cough*, there are no supply constraints and the OP has a late date. If the other currently converted reservations are whatever, and he gets in this quarters allocation.

If the early folks finally convert after 19 March then they are in the next bit of scheduling and he has beaten them to delivery. Granted my list of *givens* is tough to get.
Well, South Bay Ford is a very popular location and the man I spoke with seems to think they will be receiving a lot of Broncos, more than originally anticipated. Because I ordered within this window before March 19th, I'm pretty hopeful I'll be receiving a MY21.

I was told a few weeks ago that I would probably be getting a MY22 by the dealer, and I'd order in Fall 2021, but that all changed.

At the end of the day, no one knows what they're talking about, and we'll receive more info in May, so I'll wait for that.

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trolling, sensing a lot of negativity within this thread, lol, I guess people don't believe it or are mad they haven't been able to order.

But I placed my order yesterday, and it's already verified on my Ford account, so haters can hate.

We'll see what happens in May.
No hate bud. Really hope you do get it. Think a lot of people want you to appropriately temper your excitement. Dealerships are a lot less informed than those on this forum. Take what they say with a bag of salt.

Sponsored
OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No hate bud. Really hope you do get it. Think a lot of people want you to appropriately temper your excitement. Dealerships are a lot less informed than those on this forum. Take what they say with a bag of salt.
Absolutely! There's just no use for patronizing language when no one knows what they're talking about. Appreciate the comment tho, thanks, and good luck!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way I understand it is, this is only the case if OPs build is scheduled to be built in the first quarter... which means not only did they move from 350 to 400, but they’re basically one of the very earliest at the dealer.

If the OPs build estimation is say, 4 or 5 months out... in the first quarter, when those earlier reservation holders convert, at the start of the 2nd quarter Ford will look at everyone sitting in the order banks again, rank them, and OP will be moved back.

Now, it could be possible that OP keeps their month 5 build date... but that only works if people don’t “keep their place in line” as Ford has said numerous times... for OP to stay with in their original estimate, it would mean everyone who converts later on wouldn’t get to keep their place.

This is probably why Ford wants everyone to convert before the March deadline, so they can give accurate estimations to everyone... if people wait to convert until after Ford gives estimates, then Ford will have to give updates estimates every quarter with the new rankings... so that everyone can “keep their place in line”

This is all of course just my interpretation of what we’ve seen. I’m prepared to be proven wrong, and would welcome it if it means we can have a clear understanding of what to expect.

ThePCH

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, I also ordered from Southbay Ford. My understanding is their allocation is in the 130s. If you’re not already in touch with Gabino, you might want to check in with him as he seems to be...how do I say this politely...the most knowledgeable Bronco person there. Congrats and hey you’re getting a Bronco either way. I got an email from Ford the other day stating my reservation was converted to order. My understanding is that the email from Ford is super important so hopefully you’ve received that.

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The way I understand it is, this is only the case if OPs build is scheduled to be built in the first quarter... which means not only did they move from 350 to 400, but they’re basically one of the very earliest at the dealer.

If the OPs build estimation is say, 4 or 5 months out... in the first quarter, when those earlier reservation holders convert, at the start of the 2nd quarter Ford will look at everyone sitting in the order banks again, rank them, and OP will be moved back.

Now, it could be possible that OP keeps their month 5 build date... but that only works if people don’t “keep their place in line” as Ford has said numerous times... for OP to stay with in their original estimate, it would mean everyone who converts later on wouldn’t get to keep their place.

This is probably why Ford wants everyone to convert before the March deadline, so they can give accurate estimations to everyone... if people wait to convert until after Ford gives estimates, then Ford will have to give updates estimates every quarter with the new rankings... so that everyone can “keep their place in line”

This is all of course just my interpretation of what we’ve seen. I’m prepared to be proven wrong, and would welcome it if it means we can have a clear understanding of what to expect.
Could very well be the case. It's just a bit strange because I was told by the dealer that MY22 order banks wouldn't open until the Fall, with updated options, which is why I believe I MIGHT (keyword MIGHT) be receiving a 21.

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi, I also ordered from Southbay Ford. My understanding is their allocation is in the 130s. If you’re not already in touch with Gabino, you might want to check in with him as he seems to be...how do I say this politely...the most knowledgeable Bronco person there. Congrats and hey you’re getting a Bronco either way. I got an email from Ford the other day stating my reservation was converted to order. My understanding is that the email from Ford is super important so hopefully you’ve received that.
Yeeee exactly, either way, the car is coming when it comes. I can't wait.

My in-store order has been updated on the Ford site, so fingers crossed!
Sponsored