Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The way I understand it is, this is only the case if OPs build is scheduled to be built in the first quarter... which means not only did they move from 350 to 400, but they’re basically one of the very earliest at the dealer.

If the OPs build estimation is say, 4 or 5 months out... in the first quarter, when those earlier reservation holders convert, at the start of the 2nd quarter Ford will look at everyone sitting in the order banks again, rank them, and OP will be moved back.

Now, it could be possible that OP keeps their month 5 build date... but that only works if people don’t “keep their place in line” as Ford has said numerous times... for OP to stay with in their original estimate, it would mean everyone who converts later on wouldn’t get to keep their place.

This is probably why Ford wants everyone to convert before the March deadline, so they can give accurate estimations to everyone... if people wait to convert until after Ford gives estimates, then Ford will have to give updates estimates every quarter with the new rankings... so that everyone can “keep their place in line”

This is all of course just my interpretation of what we’ve seen. I’m prepared to be proven wrong, and would welcome it if it means we can have a clear understanding of what to expect.
Ok, I think I get what you're saying. I was going on the assumption that Ford would build the 3 months of machines that were converted by that deadline, 19 March, as a "batch" so to speak. The next 3 months of machines, 19 June maybe, would get converted and then those would be built in timestamp order but within that second batch. Still obeying the timestamp order but within the batch as well.

Hope I explained that process ok...

Maybe I'm being optimistic to early reservists that don't dilly dally and I'm being pessimistic and "told you so" to those early people that drag their feet.
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could very well be the case. It's just a bit strange because I was told by the dealer that MY22 order banks wouldn't open until the Fall, with updated options, which is why I believe I MIGHT (keyword MIGHT) be receiving a 21.
MY21 order banks are open to everyone regardless of how slim your chances might be of getting an MY21. Anyone who doesn't get an MY21 will have to reorder when the MY22 order banks open up.

ThePCH

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome! I’m not in a huge hurry either but it’d be nice to cruise with the top off this summer!

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok, I think I get what you're saying. I was going on the assumption that Ford would build the 3 months of machines that were converted by that deadline, 19 March, as a "batch" so to speak. The next 3 months of machines, 19 June maybe, would get converted and then those would be built in timestamp order but within that second batch. Still obeying the timestamp order but within the batch as well.

Hope I explained that process ok...
Thank you, totally makes sense, I guess I won't know anything about my order/delivery until May. Appreciate the info.

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
MY21 order banks are open to everyone regardless of how slim your chances might be of getting an MY21. Anyone who doesn't get an MY21 will have to reorder when the MY22 order banks open up.
Makes sense, prob will be a 22, though my dealer said it'd "for sure" be a 21. Who knows though lmao

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you, totally makes sense, I guess I won't know anything about my order/delivery until May. Appreciate the info.
No, nobody really knows anything fully because none of the dealers, even though they're are good ones on the board, have fully and completely communicated it. They think they have but maybe just missing a degree of alternate comprehension.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not trolling, sensing a lot of negativity within this thread, lol, I guess people don't believe it or are mad they haven't been able to order.

But I placed my order yesterday, and it's already verified on my Ford account, so haters can hate.

We'll see what happens in May.
Please don't mistake my (our?) pragmatism with negativity. What I (and others) have been saying is:

Allocation is not something that can be stated with any certainty right now. There are a ton of factors, such as your reservation time stamp, the features you are ordering, your dealer's allotment and where you fall within that allotment.

You didn't say when your timestamp was. But in general, if it's late July or later, your odds of a '21 diminish significantly.

You are ordering a two-door. Those are marked as supply-constrained. None of the first batch of Broncos will be two-doors. Ford hasn't specified how long it will be before they begin to be produced. It could be a week, a month, or not in the first quarter. I've ordered a two-door and I certainly hope it's much sooner rather than later. Sasquatch is also supply-constrained. As is the 2.7 V6 (you didn't specify if you are getting that). The later your timestamp, the more significant the issue. Obviously, people at the top of the list won't have to worry about Sasquatch and the V6, but at some point in the production, some orders will be pushed back because there isn't availability until some later point.

Your dealer only knows it's preliminary allotment. This number was based on reservations. The final number will be based on actual orders. It's in your dealer's best interest to convert as many reservations to orders as possible, even if it means some number of those orders won't be filled until model year '22. Here again, your time stamp really matters. If, for example, your dealer was given a preliminary allocation of 100 based on 300 reservations and your dealer only converts 75 of those reservations to orders, it isn't getting 100 Broncos. Not even 75. Probably 25. So, if you aren't in the top 25 in that scenario, you aren't getting a '21. As someone else said, it depends on how many people with earlier reservations at your dealer are converting to orders.

So, what we are saying is yes, be excited about your new Bronco, just like pretty much everyone else here. But will you be upset when your dealer later tells you, "Sorry, it turns out you aren't getting a '21." And then follows that up with some story about how Ford changed something, didn't make enough, didn't start early enough, etc.? Since Ford hasn't told your dealer when they are getting any Broncos, let alone your specific Bronco, right now, if you don't get a '21, it's 100% your dealer's fault and not Ford's for saying you would.

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could very well be the case. It's just a bit strange because I was told by the dealer that MY22 order banks wouldn't open until the Fall, with updated options, which is why I believe I MIGHT (keyword MIGHT) be receiving a 21.
Someone asked earlier, but I dont think I saw you respond. What is your reservation date?

This can help us give you a better idea if a 21 seems at all reasonable. Allocation is only part of the equation determining when you get yours built. You could theoretically have the first allocation at a dealer but have a late build date.

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome! I’m not in a huge hurry either but it’d be nice to cruise with the top off this summer!
No kidding! Would love this thing
Please don't mistake my (our?) pragmatism with negativity. What I (and others) have been saying is:

Allocation is not something that can be stated with any certainty right now. There are a ton of factors, such as your reservation time stamp, the features you are ordering, your dealer's allotment and where you fall within that allotment.

You didn't say when your timestamp was. But in general, if it's late July or later, your odds of a '21 diminish significantly.

You are ordering a two-door. Those are marked as supply-constrained. None of the first batch of Broncos will be two-doors. Ford hasn't specified how long it will be before they begin to be produced. It could be a week, a month, or not in the first quarter. I've ordered a two-door and I certainly hope it's much sooner rather than later. Sasquatch is also supply-constrained. As is the 2.7 V6 (you didn't specify if you are getting that). The later your timestamp, the more significant the issue. Obviously, people at the top of the list won't have to worry about Sasquatch and the V6, but at some point in the production, some orders will be pushed back because there isn't availability until some later point.

Your dealer only knows it's preliminary allotment. This number was based on reservations. The final number will be based on actual orders. It's in your dealer's best interest to convert as many reservations to orders as possible, even if it means some number of those orders won't be filled until model year '22. Here again, your time stamp really matters. If your dealer was given a preliminary allocation of 100 based on 300 reservations, if your dealer only converts 75 of those reservations to orders, it isn't getting 100 Broncos. Not even 75. Probably 25. So, if you aren't in the top 25 in that scenario, you aren't getting a '21. As someone else said, it depends on how many people with earlier reservations are converting to orders.

So, what we are saying is yes, be excited about your new Bronco, just like pretty much everyone else here. But will you be upset when your dealer later tells you, "Sorry, it turns out you aren't getting a '21." And then follows that up with some story about how Ford changed something, didn't make enough, didn't start early enough, etc.? Since Ford hasn't told your dealer when they are getting any Broncos, let alone your specific Bronco, right now, if you don't get a '21, it's 100% your dealer's fault and not Ford's for saying you would.
Absolutely! Probably will be a 22, and chances are the dealer didn't know what he was talking about. There's so much conflicting info with this vehicle, so I'm taking it day by day and am excited for it to come whenever it does.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, guys.

Just got the best call in my life. Lol. My dealer just called and said I can come in Monday to officially place my order (South Bay Ford in Southern CA, LA area).

I am totally surprised. I'm number 350 out of 400, and I was told I wouldn't be placing an order until Fall 2021. I was also told this location would only receive 100 MY21s.

Anyone know how this is possible? Is this too good to be true? Fingers crossed. Hoping for a 2021. We shall see.
First of all, he just went in to order. (unless his edit changed something material to the post). You can do that even with a reservation made yesterday. He placed an order, that is all his post says. What Ford is apparently pushing dealers to do with all the reservations. It may be that his dealer thinks the allocations will be determined by the first 100 (which is a suspiciously round number, I will admit) entries they make and how they code them. It is also possible that IWMDA51 was excited because he assumed he was getting a 2021 and the dealer didn't bother tempering that belief because it might cost a sale. Nine months from now, they might tell him it will be just a few months more and they have him already hooked.

Maybe the dealer only had a 28% conversion rate (at 349 people that would put I...51 at number 98. Or my personal favorite, from the posts he made;
BUT I was bumped up! My dealer said lots of people didn't follow up or make appointments to order their cars. So I got lucky.
Sound like the dealer sent out a mass email telling people to make appointments or to call back. Could be a large number paid no attention to, what I suspect is a very generic email, or it was stopped as spam before they got it from one of the big email servers. The dealer obviously is not making more than a rudimentary effort to contact people. Putting the onus on a customer to 'follow up' sounds to me like the dealer is not going to expend resources following up. They are used to people requesting information and then ghosting them all the time I am sure. I am with some of the other posters here, I think a fair number of the non-responding folks will be calling the dealer in March. Probably to be told the allocations are gone but they can call them next year. I think he has a shot at a '21, I really do.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No kidding! Would love this thing

Absolutely! Probably will be a 22, and chances are the dealer didn't know what he was talking about. There's so much conflicting info with this vehicle, so I'm taking it day by day and am excited for it to come whenever it does.
Use the time while you wait to plan some epic excursions with your Bronco. Once I get my estimated build date in May, I'm going to start planning my road trip bringing it home from my long-distance dealer. It will include national parks and hopefully some maiden off-road voyages (for the Bronco, not for me :) ).

Personally, I'd really like to get mine this year in time to enjoy it with good weather. Otherwise, I'm fine to wait until spring '22. :)

OP
OP

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Use the time while you wait to plan some epic excursions with your Bronco. Once I get my estimated build date in May, I'm going to start planning my road trip bringing it home from my long-distance dealer. It will include national parks and hopefully some maiden off-road voyages (for the Bronco, not for me :) ).

Personally, I'd really like to get mine this year in time to enjoy it with good weather. Otherwise, I'm fine to wait until spring '22. :)
I would love it for the summer and for travels, but 2022 ain't looking so bad either, especially with new options. I have to say, a lot of the interiors aren't my favorite. Lots of conflicting or just ugly colors going on, so I look forward to seeing MY22 upgrades and more choices!

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Vette, F10 M5 BMW, F150 Shelby, F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I please chime in? So let's say the OP who may have been late to the game on putting his 100 reservation deposit down come into the dealership and says he has a reservation number assigned to the dealership and they say, "We will "try" to covert your to a MY22 reservation to a MY21. That said, then a massive amount of reservation orders at 'said" dealership comes-in to say "Hey here is my reservation number and I would like to order..Does our young 'OP' gets kicked to the back of the line? if so Now Im wondering this..... Okay, say (JOB 1) ordering has to be in by March 19th 2021 (so no more changes to anyone's order and then the "mass'es" from above, come into the dealership put to place their orders with reservations in hand, and this is done after March 19th, will the 'OP' be safe? or, then get kicked to the back of the line? Hope anyone can follow this..LOL

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can I please chime in? So let's say the OP who may have been late to the game on putting his 100 reservation deposit down come into the dealership and says he has a reservation number assigned to the dealership and they say, "We will "try" to covert your to a MY22 reservation to a MY21. That said, then a massive amount of reservation orders at 'said" dealership comes-in to say "Hey here is my reservation number and I would like to order..Does our young 'OP' gets kicked to the back of the line? if so Now Im wondering this..... Okay, say (JOB 1) ordering has to be in by March 19th 2021 (so no more changes to anyone's order and then the "mass'es" from above, come into the dealership put to place their orders with reservations in hand, and this is done after March 19th, will the 'OP' be safe? or, then get kicked to the back of the line? Hope anyone can follow this..LOL
That is the situation that dealers have not verified for us.

not tame

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8 Vette, F10 M5 BMW, F150 Shelby, F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the situation that dealers have not verified for us.

I ask for somewhat selfish reasons, I too was late to the reservation game, however for an unrelated reason I happen to be at the dealership the day the ordering opened, and the conversation of the Bronco came up and one thing led to another and I ordered a 2021 Bronco. I was told days ago that only 33 of the 150 Approximately reservations assigned to the dealership had come to order. I was informed that if indeed more came in that surpassed the allotment the dealer had I would be bumped to JOB 2 I guess later in the year. However, I asked him if someone came in after the cut of for JOB 1 March 19th 2021 would I be safe? he said he did not know.....Does anyone here?
Sponsored