Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love Adaptive Cruise Control on my current Ford and I'll never get another car without it. You can cruise down the freeway and not worry about adjusting your cruise speed. Car in front too slow? Hit your left blinker and the car automatically accelerates when you change lanes. It's even more useful in heavy traffic where you just adapt to the speed of the car in front no matter what they do. In terms of safety it also allows your mind to not need as much thinking so you don't get tired or distracted as easily.
You guys pass on the left in FLA? Blinkers?? In Mass your sentence would have read: You come up on somebody doing 70 in the left lane and your cut ovah to the middle lane and the cah takes off on ya.
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting the High package as the 12" screen is a need of mine so the cost jump to the Lux package isn't significant. Those of you that are opting for the Lux package or those that are familiar with the technologies included (ACC, Lane Assist, etc.), what are the benefits of these features? Are features such as Lane Assist a benefit with regards to insurance costs? I have no need for a heated steering wheel as I choose to reside in the lower latitudes. I'm not familiar with the technologies as I still ride a dinosaur as it pertains to a vehicle. I'm not opposed to being convinced that I should spring for the cost, but I don't know what value they bring.
The 12" screen is a want (not so much a need) for me too. All the safety features do give me an insurance discount too.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys pass on the left in FLA? Blinkers?? In Mass your sentence would have read: You come up on somebody doing 70 in the left lane and your cut ovah to the middle lane and the cah takes off on ya.
Now all I hear is cah in my head in that accent, thanks swan šŸ˜œ

hyatthood

Badlands
First Name
Hyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Lux; 2023 Tesla MYP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The B&O sound in my 2013 Audi Alroad is probably the best sounding system Iā€™ve ever had in a car. Itā€™s the main reason Iā€™m going lux. The older I get the more I appreciate the adaptive cruise and emergency brake assist.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Holā€™ up. There are hills in Florida? I had absolutely no idea.
Yes, there are. Now, I grew in the Poconos and NEPA. Florida doesn't have mountains like up North, but I would characterize the hills in the panhandle as even more than just rolling hills. It really is surprising when traveling I-10.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, there are. Now, I grew in the Poconos and NEPA. Florida doesn't have mountains like up North, but I would characterize the hills in the panhandle as even more than just rolling hills. It really is surprising when traveling I-10.
The panhandle is so un-Florida šŸ˜† I love Destin and really the whole Redneck Riviera, Tallahassee, inland up to the border, itā€™s all pretty nice.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The panhandle is so un-Florida šŸ˜† I love Destin and really the whole Redneck Riviera, Tallahassee, inland up to the border, itā€™s all pretty nice.
I live in the capital of East Florida and just a bit west of Lake City, the hills start. Whenever I travel to Houston, I always forget how long the panhandle extends. Back when there was an East/West Florida, West Florida extended all the way to Baton Rouge.

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

no extra discount

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know a few people who are crazy obsessive audiophiles. As I understand it good sound comes down to, largely, 2 things.

1. The audio components themselves.

B&O makes some fantastic stuff! But they also now make some stuff that the B&O of old would not let out into the world. They put their name on laptop speakers now....

Comes down a lot to how much ford is budgeting for them I think. B&O has stuff at a buch of different price points. They make car systems for aston, bentley, lambo, Audi and ford.

So while the bentley and the Ford have a system from the same company I bet there's isn't a single similarity besides the name on the grille.

2. The space the sound is heard in

The room, or vehicle, matters almost as much as the components. Speaker placement, the surfaces involved in the space, what else is in the room is all crucial. A vehicle with a removable top, even with it closed isn't exactly the best listening experience. And I don't think it'll have any speakers in the doors either. It'll sound different with the soft vs MIC vs MOD too.

I have no real knowledge in this next part but I bet a difference between some of a b&o systems in their other partners vs a Ford is how involved they are in the process. I bet bentley turns the whole car over to b&o to tune every aspect of a system per vehicle for the best possible sound. Again, I'm mostly speaking out of my ass here but I bet the components for a Ford are just going to be a supplier relationship rather than something entirely custom.

So, accepting the space for the bronco is probably going to be a pretty lousy sound stage and it likely won't be specifically tuned to it so I'm not expecting a fantastic experience.

but

1. I'm sure it'll be better than stock.

2. Hopefully ford doesn't cheap out too much and b&o is giving them some decent stuff, hopefully sharing more similarities to an Audi system vs an HP laptop and that it can get loud without a ton of loss in fidelity!

I'm guessing aftermarket will be better choice for sound, focal for sure but maybe even some mid priced alpine gear would be an upgrade but I'm probably going with lux because messing with modern day car systems that are so integrated isn't something I want to mess with
I agree with you! My reasoning is speaker placement... Better stock sound but when i upgrade (just the speakers) later I'll have 10... 9+sub placements for better speakers! Will be the better option when the roof is off- I imagine it will be like a sound system on a boat.
If you just have 6 you will need to turn up the volume a lot more. Louder and uneven sound.
The 10 could provide better sound. Less decibels. Less hearing loss. šŸ¤·

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you! My reasoning is speaker placement... Better stock sound but when i upgrade (just the speakers) later I'll have 10... 9+sub placements for better speakers! Will be the better option when the roof is off- I imagine it will be like a sound system on a boat.
If you just have 6 you will need to turn up the volume a lot more. Louder and uneven sound.
The 10 could provide better sound. Less decibels. Less hearing loss. šŸ¤·
https://tenor.com/view/this-is-spinal-tap-this-goes-to11-sure-gif-11671428

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in the capital of East Florida and just a bit west of Lake City, the hills start. Whenever I travel to Houston, I always forget how long the panhandle extends. Back when there was an East/West Florida, West Florida extended all the way to Baton Rouge.
Just made that trip a couple times over the last 2 months. Family lives in Houston and we were stationed in Jacksonville until we recently got to move to Houston. Every time I went through the panhandle I thought what a great place it would be to ride my mountain bike through. The only hills you get to experience in Jacksonville are the overpasses.
Sponsored