First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2020 Honda, 2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco should just have a cold weather package available for all trims like jeep.
Sponsored

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive been considering going up to the lux package and just going with the 2.3 engine to save money
I was just thinking the same thing:cool:

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one thing I've hated about the auto industry...how you are forced into these high packages for one or two features.
Agreed.

I going Standard because the bump to the Mid doesn't give me anything I really want beyond an extra plug.

I'd like the front camera - but the cost is obscene for the only thing I want. The rest I either won't use or don't really need.

I crossed-referenced by 2011 F150 (which the Bronco standard offers far more than I currently have in my truck) with my wife's 2017 Fusion Titanium (which most extras annoy me or I don't miss when I drive my truck instead).

I spent my electronics money on the 2.7 engine - because that is what I really wanted (and needed to stay within a certain budget).

I recommend to the OP to decide how much you want to spend on the Bronco and then build it up from there.

Me, I decided mine had to come under 50,000.

My wife said she wanted vinyl seats and no sasquatch (which I was lukewarm about anyway).

So I toyed around with the Black Diamond and the Badlands - until I got within $1300 of each other and decided to go with the Badlands, coming in (currently) at barely over $48,000 before tax.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.

The struggle is real.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've seen this sort of comment many times on the forums, but it's divorced from reality.
Not at all. It depends on how "custom" you're talking. If you're just adding an amplifier, replacing the factory speakers with same-sized higher-quality units (factory speakers are crap, as we all know) and an off-the-shelf subwoofer that doesn't need custom enclosure fabrication (I assume we'll see some good aftermarket options for the Bronco), you're likely well under $500 in labor (at least in my area). You have to know exactly what you want and possibly source your own components to get the best deals. The audio shops love customers that come in with no clue and just say "Please upgrade the audio on my $50k+ vehicle." Of course they'll be happy to take you for a ride if you let them.

BTW, I'd rather have 6 high-quality speakers (plus a sub) than 10 or 12 factory "upgraded audio package" speakers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not at all. It depends on how "custom" you're talking. If you're just adding an amplifier, replacing the factory speakers with same-sized higher-quality units (factory speakers are crap, as we all know) and an off-the-shelf subwoofer that doesn't need custom enclosure fabrication (I assume we'll see some good aftermarket options for the Bronco), you're likely well under $500 in labor (at least in my area). You have to know exactly what you want and possibly source your own components to get the best deals. The audio shops love customers that come in with no clue and just say "Please upgrade the audio on my $50k+ vehicle." Of course they'll be happy to take you for a ride if you let them.
I'll believe it when I see it. When you're done upgrading your system, come back here and post the invoices for the install labor costs and all of the components you bought, including amp, speakers and sub.
And throw in a little extra for all the time you spent hunting this stuff down. : )

P. S. I know stereo shops are always happy to see customers walk in with their own equipment they bought somewhere else. ; )

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My Dearest Lux Package,

I can’t get you out of my mind, I keep thinking of how much I love talking to you… how good you look when you smile, how much I love your laugh… I day-dream about you off and on, replaying pieces of our conversation, laughing at funny things that you said or did… I’ve memorized your face and the way that you look at me… I catch myself smiling again at what I imagine… I wonder what will happen the next time we are together, I know one thing for sure, your the best thing that ever happened to me in a long time.

XOXOXO

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d love to just throw my phone down on the charging pad instead of messing around with a cord!! I had to make some sacrifices to get my Bronco and that’s one of them.

Coach.major

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The main reason I would want the lux package is the wireless phone charger. It really should be part of the mid package. Why offer wireless android auto/Apple CarPlay on all trims standard but make you get the top of the line package to get a wireless charger?
Can a audio shop add a wireless charger? Most in this area seem to add everything else to a car so maybe they can do that as well? Is the compartment in the Bronco still there where the charger would go if you don't get lux?

Coach.major

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im in the same boat. I love audio, so the B&O would be great. I know that the standard 6 speakers won't cut it, and the difference from high to lux im questioning how much an install would be anyway if I did it somewhere else.

Do you guys have any insight on a rough guestimate of how much an upgraded stereo would be? And how easy would it even be to tie into sync 4. Add an amp and a sub.?

The way i see it, the wireless charger and the heated steeting wheel are just a plus
I just spent about $1600 upgrading Wrangler audio. That was replacing 4 factory 6.5" speakers with Memphis. Small Kicker amp powering them and a Pioneer 8" hideaway powered sub. That price also included an Alpine head unit with car play. It sounds amazing!

I got the high package and will run the stock 12" in the Bronco but have read you have to buy a converter to add amps speakers. Hope that helps.

Sponsored

Cjensen651

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LUX isn't worth it to me. I'll upgrade the stock speakers and call it a day

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s the only [COMMODITY CONSTRAINED] item on my build. I’m essentially paying $2300 for a heated steering wheel. I’m asking my high end audio guy if there’s benefit (or cost) to the B&O system since I plan to upgrade it. Need to do some soul searching and see if I can’t get my smooth brain back down to High Package. That’s it. That’s the entire post.
Can't your dealer just order a heated steering wheel and install it for you? What could it cost $250-350 tops?

BreezyNVegas

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The main reason I would want the lux package is the wireless phone charger. It really should be part of the mid package. Why offer wireless android auto/Apple CarPlay on all trims standard but make you get the top of the line package to get a wireless charger?
I found a wireless phone charging pad on Amazon $24. I'm going to give it a try.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I saw the order statistics with the high lux take rate I thought, what did I miss?

I had to open build and price, review what was included. In the end I stayed with the high, it helps to be a cheap bastard. Plus it will still be almost twice as much as I have ever paid for a car...
Sponsored