Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like it. Trying to decide if I really need a hard top since when I thought about getting a Wrangler I was 100% getting a ragtop.

Sometimes I am surprised that last July, the day after the big reveal, you guys didn't jump all over Ford about how they screwed up the new Bronco.

Every time we get a picture of something new and different, everybody hates it. It's like little kids and new food.🤣🤣

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So going forward, there will be no comparing SAS vehicles to any Non SAS vehicle below Bad Lands. It just isn't fair.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Side-by-side look @ 2-Door Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Soft Top Broncos 1614214731806

I think it’s the black paint that makes this one so sexy... kinda like blue jeans, goes with almost anything.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry, you may like it, and honestly a ton of people on this forum love that look...

but for me, it's just off. The old FSB's had a slight slant to the cap. Maybe that's what I'm used to. But these fastback tops that I'm seeing, to me, they just look f'd up. I can't help it. It reminds me of that funny shaped clay model that floated around these boards about a year back or so... just looked off. 🤷‍♂️
Initially I really liked the fastback, but the more we see of it the more I agree that they make the 2-door look stubby. I wanted that top specifically to run without windows, like the SEMA concept. Maybe I'll look at biminis instead.

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I first saw the fastback I really liked it. I even considered what I would need to do to get one. Thinking it would further delay delivery, I just put it out of my mind. Seeing not just the base with tiny wheels but all of the fastbacks shown in this thread, I am happy I stopped considering it. The fastback just doesn't look right to me.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Side-by-side look @ 2-Door Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Soft Top Broncos 1614214731806

I think it’s the black paint that makes this one so sexy... kinda like blue jeans, goes with almost anything.

It's sexy because it has 37's on it !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never had an issue with the effectiveness if the AC. The twill tops are a thick premium material.
The standard soft top will definitely be premium / twill? Can you cite a source because I was already thinking of the future and upgrading to the nicest and thickest soft top the aftermarket could provide for NVH and A/C concerns. Why would Ford include a really nice top as standard though? Correct me if I'm wrong but I only thought luxury cars might come standard with such.

Also to the other people saying the fastback looks better on the 4 door, I agree with you but I also think we may have been subtly conditioned to like it because...

047056B7-0FDD-4D2D-9B9A-AF395655127A.jpeg

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The standard soft top will definitely be premium / twill? Can you cite a source because I was already thinking of the future and upgrading to the nicest and thickest soft top the aftermarket could provide for NVH and A/C concerns. Why would Ford include a really nice top as standard though? Correct me if I'm wrong but I only thought luxury cars might come standard with such.

Also to the other people saying the fastback looks better on the 4 door, I agree with you but I also think we may have been subtly conditioned to like it because...

Ford Bronco Side-by-side look @ 2-Door Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Soft Top Broncos 047056B7-0FDD-4D2D-9B9A-AF395655127A
The Range Rover look is the reason I've never liked the fastback on the 4-door. I think it fits the style of the Range Rover fine, but not the style of the Bronco.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look how high that thing sticks up....big reason for me to go aftermarket on the soft top

Ford Bronco Side-by-side look @ 2-Door Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Soft Top Broncos 047056B7-0FDD-4D2D-9B9A-AF395655127A
I believe that top goes back further and sits lower.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look at haw tight the plastic windows are on the fast back. I do not think Ford should bother producing that baggy 4 door soft top. These are factory freash cars in freezing weather, should be no slack or waves in plastic windows - NONE