First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think of the 2-door with one of those tops as the "flat butt" Bronco. There's just not enough back there to suit my personal tastes.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The standard soft top will definitely be premium / twill? Can you cite a source because I was already thinking of the future and upgrading to the nicest and thickest soft top the aftermarket could provide for NVH and A/C concerns. Why would Ford include a really nice top as standard though? Correct me if I'm wrong but I only thought luxury cars might come standard with such.

Also to the other people saying the fastback looks better on the 4 door, I agree with you but I also think we may have been subtly conditioned to like it because...

047056B7-0FDD-4D2D-9B9A-AF395655127A.jpeg
There are 2 tops listed on the accessories pages. The twill is $2229 and the vinyl is $1579. Both made by Bestop.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The standard soft top will definitely be premium / twill? Can you cite a source because I was already thinking of the future and upgrading to the nicest and thickest soft top the aftermarket could provide for NVH and A/C concerns. Why would Ford include a really nice top as standard though? Correct me if I'm wrong but I only thought luxury cars might come standard with such.

Also to the other people saying the fastback looks better on the 4 door, I agree with you but I also think we may have been subtly conditioned to like it because...

047056B7-0FDD-4D2D-9B9A-AF395655127A.jpeg
If you look at around 0:50 you will get a good view of the material. This would be very comparable to the Jeep Premium soft top, definitely not vinyl.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Both those Broncos are totally Oxford white
Can we get the title of this thread changed?
šŸ¤Ŗ

Reactions: abe

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah not sure about the soft top for my 2 door. I want to drive at 25 to 85 mph on my trip to Montana this summer/or anywhere else, Not sure I want to listen to air whistling noises over the top of my music, or seeing rain drip thru the joints in the canvas. My ideal adventure is front hard tops off, windows up or down depending on speed, with tops in the back in case a thunderstorm looks imminent or pops up
Low speed side windows down checking out the view. The soft top just looks like too much work for what gain? Especially on the 2 door when I can remove/replace 2 hard tops on or off in less than 5 minutes. JMO.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fast back looks great on the wrangler. Not so much on the Bronco šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you look at around 0:50 you will get a good view of the material. This would be very comparable to the Jeep Premium soft top, definitely not vinyl.

Do you think this just happens to be what is on there though? @Bronc-O reminded me of the accessory list and twill top is mentioned and it isn't cheap. I'm confused but I'm going to go ahead and not believe Ford's video at face value because they can't even get B&P correct.

There are 2 tops listed on the accessories pages. The twill is $2229 and the vinyl is $1579. Both made by Bestop.
That rings a bell, thank you. I am sad now.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never liked the fastback look, makes me think of old Russian cars.... but in that view (from the back) + the fastback, yes, I think it makes it look too stubby.

Funny thing is, I'm 4 door all the way for added room, but I saw a pic the other day that did the same to a 4 door hard top.... the back looked stubby and ugly.. I think it's all in the eye of the beholder on that stuff.
Iā€™ll just leave this here and see my way out.......

Ford Bronco Side-by-side look @ 2-Door Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Soft Top Broncos 03B614D4-5716-4CF9-9DCF-2DB878857D63

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™ll just leave this here and see my way out.......

03B614D4-5716-4CF9-9DCF-2DB878857D63.jpeg
Yes... like that.... hope you didn't ruin it for the rest of the crowd! šŸ˜‚

kinda like this:

Ford Bronco Side-by-side look @ 2-Door Soft Top Fastback vs 4-Door Soft Top Broncos lada

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like it. Trying to decide if I really need a hard top since when I thought about getting a Wrangler I was 100% getting a ragtop.

Sometimes I am surprised that last July, the day after the big reveal, you guys didn't jump all over Ford about how they screwed up the new Bronco.

Every time we get a picture of something new and different, everybody hates it. It's like little kids and new food.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
They said we could have XPlan, showed a white top, and said build and price would be up in August. Itā€™s gone down hill from there ...
Sponsored