Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet Jeep is going to put a Hemi on the their Jeeps so that Jeeps sales wont go low and dont get beat by Bronco lol
I don't think FCA will be expanding the hemi lineup, with all the environmental requirements getting more stringent. I think PHEVs will be expanding significantly in the next two years for all auto makers.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope they do because then Ford will have to drop Godzilla into the new Bronco to compete ?
Mopar has been doing it in concepts for years probably just waiting to play the hemi card when the bronco finally comes out. So ford was smart dragging this out to make FCA sweat for longer.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wish it had the rear seat in it so we could see the space behind....but it looks like it might have enough.
I'm just hoping it has atleast enough room for a midsized cooler

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think FCA will be expanding the hemi lineup, with all the environmental requirements getting more stringent. I think PHEVs will be expanding significantly in the next two years for all auto makers.
FCA I heard was working on a Turbo I6. But that’s been a rumor for a long time and everything on the FCA front keeps getting delayed because they haven’t made a new car platform themselves I over 30 years!

Sponsored

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just asking a question. And I know this was all on a guess. But if the bronco doors are 7% longer. Hood 10% longer. Trunk 20% longer. How can it only be 10% body longer overall.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Small comparisons I notice is the front/hood sticks out further from the wheels and the back is a bit more flat than the wrangler's ?
I think that's mostly an illusion, as the Wrangler has the bumper that sticks out beyond the grille area, whereas Bronco's is flat against the bumper.

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just asking a question. And I know this was all on a guess. But if the bronco doors are 7% longer. Hood 10% longer. Trunk 20% longer. How can it only be 10% body longer overall.
Well the grille sits over the bumper instead of behind it....but idk, its a good question

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jeep sold 1 gladiator last quarter, and 1.74 gladiators this quarter. Percentages do not tell the whole story. I’m sure a lot of cash was on the hood as well.
Actually the Gladiator was the only Jeep model with a sales increase. About 20k 2nd quarter this year compared to about 7k same time last year. Yes, they had hefty discounts like most every brand.

Last edited:

ben5243

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Still trying to wrap my head around the 0-door silhouette.
I don't think the hoop is any part of an e-brake lever, it's too far forward. It should pivot near the hip. Imagine reaching in front of your knee to pull the e-brake, I don't think they would do that.

Is there any chance the silhouette has half-doors? I don't see much curvature that looks like a seat cushion.
Maybe the hoop is some part of the half door mechanism?

I'm just spitballing ideas here but I'm dying to know what that hoop is.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still trying to wrap my head around the 0-door silhouette.
I don't think the hoop is any part of an e-brake lever, it's too far forward. It should pivot near the hip. Imagine reaching in front of your knee to pull the e-brake, I don't think they would do that.

Is there any chance the silhouette has half-doors? I don't see much curvature that looks like a seat cushion.
Maybe the hoop is some part of the half door mechanism?

I'm just spitballing ideas here but I'm dying to know what that hoop is.
DZ said there are grab handles all around the car

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've spent an hour reviewing the drawing and scale measurements, I found a few minor errors but the overall length is still 10% longer. Your correct it does not make sense, I looked as several things to account for the discrepancies, offset of the overlaid measurements, front and rear overhang, etc. but still nothing is jumping out as the cause of the error, except, I think we have to contribute it to the resizing of the images and the angles the Bronco and Jeep are sitting at causing the differences.

Here are the updated numbers (I updated the original post and pic):
Bronco Door Opening - 7% 6% wider
Bronco Rear Tub - 20% 14% longer
Bronco Hood - 10% longer
Bronco Body Length (not including bumpers) - 10% longer

2 dr dimensions v2.png

2 dr dimensions no lines.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bet Jeep is going to put a Hemi on the their Jeeps so that Jeeps sales wont go low and dont get beat by Bronco lol
Not sure everyone cares about big engines. They could sell more with an electric version at an affordable price.