Sponsored

How late can you make Order changes at Ford?

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered a F350 and am being told I can’t add the tailgate step at this point.
Any insiders have an idea why if my truck won’t be built till the week of Aug 10th that I can’t make a change?
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any insiders have an idea why if my truck won’t be built till the week of Aug 10th that I can’t make a change?
because the order has already been sent to the factory. And you have likely been issued an official VIN.

I imagine for the Bronco Sport you will be locked in day1 with a VIN.
bronco some time in The fall.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I imagine for the Bronco Sport you will be locked in day1 with a VIN.
bronco some time in The fall.
I totally get all the product secrecy we've been through. But PROCESS is a totally different story. Process ambiguity is a rookie characteristic.

"Ordering puts you “in line,” and reservations will be scheduled to be built before stock units. You will be able to change your trim before the order is officially placed."

Ford needs to communicate clarity (date/time) for this reservation/fulfillment process.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I totally get all the product secrecy we've been through. But PROCESS is a totally different story. Process ambiguity is a rookie characteristic.

"Ordering puts you “in line,” and reservations will be scheduled to be built before stock units. You will be able to change your trim before the order is officially placed."

Ford needs to communicate clarity (date/time) for this reservation/fulfillment process.
dealers still don’t even know the process yet. And timeline.
They will be getting that information on Monday. So we may know more then

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
once a VIN is assigned, your order is locked in
Crap. I can’t believe I spent the last month selling myself into getting the man step thinking all along I had plenty of time to add it.
It really sucks to finally decide to just get it and be told no you can’t have it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
correct! I have ordered 3 Fords (2013 Raptor, 2016 RS and 2019 Raptor) ... you can make any changes you wish only before a VIN gets issued and then you are locked in.

once a VIN is assigned, your order is locked in

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Crap. I can’t believe I spent the last month selling myself into getting the man step thinking all along I had plenty of time to add it.
It really sucks to finally decide to just get it and be told no you can’t have it.
I had a similar situation back in 07 when I ordered an MKX. I forgot to add Sirius radio and I had placed the order just days before the 07 last day to order and couldn't change it. The dealer installed it and it still worked same as factory. Only difference was they had to mount the antenna a little off center because of something under spoiler. They said the spoiler for the antenna was different and they didn't want to change that. It drove my OCD crazy.

Deleted member 3063

You can carry a milk crate like the brand X guys.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hard to blame the truck. :oops:
Trust me, I know who’s to blame. I’m kicking myself right now. I spent so much time getting the truck spec’d right and just overlooked how nice it would be to have a built in $375 step. I’m not getting any younger and am in the bed often.
Sponsored

Last edited: