Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks Tim. I do believe that they are providing the headliner offered from the factory, but I've asked them via Instagram to confirm that and wouldn't do it.

My only concern is if i will get a liner that covers less of the inside of the hardtop and have those rubber trim strips, etc if i order it from the factory. I don't remember seeing if the liner covered the side of the top in the photos i have seen.
CoverKing may have a contract with Ford and not be offering them aftermarket. I contacted Bestop some time ago about their roof offerings and they told me Ford owned the rights to those products. Likely the same here.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, they are pretty nice and not too hard to install.

They definitely help quiet the hardtop noise and droning and as a bonus they even help retain the heat a bit (noticeable here in the cool, rainy PNW).

I'd be curious to see what it's like if one was to do a spray in sound deadener like Lizardskin before adding the Topliner.

We did an install on a 4 door JL last year. It was pretty easy to install, but your fingers get sticky as hell - WARNING, I'm no Brad Pritt or Alex Trebek:

I reached out to our contact at Coverking a month or two ago to see if they have the Bronco on their to-do list yet. Haven't heard anything back. I'll rattle that cage again.
Just because we're both on the best side of the state doesn't mean we know each other.... But you're no Brad Trebek.

On topic: the strips of adhesive seem...... strange. In hindsight do you feel that a can of Super77 would have been faster and easier to use?

One would assume that super thin double-tac they are using has some real limitations to long-term adhesion.

I do like the look and style of the Coverking Topliner over the Hothead liner which is essentially fiberboard wrapped in fabric with a thermal layer. Even though install will be drastically more time consuming as it requires hardware and gasket removal. It's also why the product has superior coverage and doesn't look like the door cards in my '51.

Ford Bronco Coverking Topliner, another headliner option 5201503New[1]

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I may get grief for asking, but does anyone make white headliner? If I get a white top, I would like to keep the white brightness in the cabin

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CoverKing may have a contract with Ford and not be offering them aftermarket. I contacted Bestop some time ago about their roof offerings and they told me Ford owned the rights to those products. Likely the same here.
Definitely could be the case. Thanks for the insight.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just because we're both on the best side of the state doesn't mean we know each other.... But you're no Brad Trebek.
We'll have to make sure to do some PNW Bronco Round-ups.

On topic: the strips of adhesive seem...... strange. In hindsight do you feel that a can of Super77 would have been faster and easier to use?
Definitely would've been easier to spray in an adhesive. The strips were a PITA to use, you got the adhesive all over your fingers. Had to scrub my finger 3 or 4 different times during the install due to the sticky residue build-up.

One would assume that super thin double-tac they are using has some real limitations to long-term adhesion.
We installed that on an employee JL here and a year later it is still going strong. The amount of weight from all the morale patches he has stuck to the inside of the roof is probably in the pounds! 🤣

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We'll have to make sure to do some PNW Bronco Round-ups.

Definitely would've been easier to spray in an adhesive. The strips were a PITA to use, you got the adhesive all over your fingers. Had to scrub my finger 3 or 4 different times during the install due to the sticky residue build-up.

We installed that on an employee JL here and a year later it is still going strong. The amount of weight from all the morale patches he has stuck to the inside of the roof is probably in the pounds! 🤣
(y)

Looked like a PITA.

Those patches always end up weighing a lot. Wonder how that adhesive will be going after 5-10 years. We've all seen cars with failing headliners and unless it's a GM product, they usually don't fail within the first year.

Like a good welding hood, morale reminders not only inspire your friends, but remind others that you've been places and learned from your mistakes.

Ford Bronco Coverking Topliner, another headliner option 61eOfofVHSL._AC_SL1000_[1]

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just looking around at hardtop headliner/insulation options and ran across the Coverking "Topliner" and i must say it looks really good. I wanted to see if anyone has heard of it or had experience in the jeep realm with it?

I know hothead is here on the forum, and it seems like a great option, but just wanted to share this option with you guys as well. Always good to have choices! I did inquire with them and they said they are working with ford for an option on the bronco.

https://www.coverking.com/amp/more-covers/jeep/topliner.html

Ford Bronco Coverking Topliner, another headliner option 61eOfofVHSL._AC_SL1000_[1]

Looks great!

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This was a month and a half ago. I am debating between ordering the factory liner or waiting for you guys. Would love a comparison that could swing me in Hothead's direction.
We just uploaded the comparison video between various headliners last week. This is for the Jeep, but you can get a good idea on what to expect.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks similar to the BedRugs that cover the inside of a covered pickup bed . Looks to be a lot like the factory liner on the underside of a lot of car trunk lids .
There's a reason this looks similar to the factory option - and the similarity to carpet (like the factory option)...

According to the Accessory price list, the factory option is from Coverking.

I do like this better than the factory pics, but I'm still leaning towards Hothead. There's a reason Hothead has the reputation they do, though I've got time to wait for some first hand reviews of both company's Bronco offerings.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's a reason this looks similar to the factory option - and the similarity to carpet (like the factory option)...

According to the Accessory price list, the factory option is from Coverking.

I do like this better than the factory pics, but I'm still leaning towards Hothead. There's a reason Hothead has the reputation they do, though I've got time to wait for some first hand reviews of both company's Bronco offerings.
Watching that video just reaffirms my choice. One looks home made and leaves a lot of area uncovered and unfinished looking. The other looks fully thought out and gives the top a completely finished look.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching that video just reaffirms my choice. One looks home made and leaves a lot of area uncovered and unfinished looking. The other looks fully thought out and gives the top a completely finished look.
Completely valid point.

I was surprised when I initially saw a lot of these options for the Jeeps that don't completely cover everything. But based on a lot of reviews that's not much of a problem from a performance perspective.

I like that Coverking gives the completely covered look, but I'm not impressed with the material. Really thin carpet just seems a little half-assed to me.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Completely valid point.

I was surprised when I initially saw a lot of these options for the Jeeps that don't completely cover everything. But based on a lot of reviews that's not much of a problem from a performance perspective.

I like that Coverking gives the completely covered look, but I'm not impressed with the material. Really thin carpet just seems a little half-assed to me.
CoverKing makes some good claims for their product also. For me, the appearance is a key factor.

• Perfectly Formed to Top Contours
  • Significantly Reduces Interior Temps
  • Improves Acoustics & Reduces Echo for Noticeably better Sound Quality
  • Insulates from Road and Wind Noise
  • Upgrade Your Stock White Fiberglass Interior to Premium Finished Appearance
  • Includes 3M™ Adhesive Pads (Removable)
  • Include weather stripping to finish edges
  • Topliner™ Meets Federal Safety Standards for Flammability (FMVSS302)
  • Installation Tool Kit Included

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just uploaded the comparison video between various headliners last week. This is for the Jeep, but you can get a good idea on what to expect.

Mark,

I had Hotheads previously and really liked them. I think the aesthetic appearance of the factory option will pull a lot of the average consumers however. One thing I wanted to see though was how HotHeads insulation and noise compared to the CoverKing. Are you able to run any of these tests on jeep roofs? I'm convinced that if you show the CoverKing/Factory option is inferior in sound deadening and insulation that people will still opt for the Hotheads. I could see myself even installing the panels over the factory Coverking option if it meant better acoustics/insulation.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So did Hotheads just never make a Bronco product?
Sponsored