Sponsored

Hybrid (hardtop + soft top) roof on 4-door Bronco?

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been thinking that it's a real shame you can't fit the second row single large roof panel on board. You either have to 1) take it off at home and hope for good weather 2) only take off the front row panels 3) go with soft top during warmer months.

How feasible would it be to have a hardtop rear section and a soft top over the seats? Plus with some design magic you might even get to keep the roof rails. Would love to see something like that from the aftermarket
Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been thinking that it's a real shame you can't fit the second row single large roof panel on board. You either have to 1) take it off at home and hope for good weather 2) only take off the front row panels 3) go with soft top during warmer months.

How feasible would it be to have a hardtop rear section and a soft top over the seats? Plus with some design magic you might even get to keep the roof rails. Would love to see something like that from the aftermarket
One of the reasons I flipped to a 2 door

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking something similar to the one on the right but over both rows of seats
Over both rows would put a lot of canvas and steel up the wind when folded back. I'm going to get the one over the front seats and call it good.

Sponsored
OP
OP
1DWN5UP

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Over both rows would put a lot of canvas and steel up the wind when folded back. I'm going to get the one over the front seats and call it good.
Yeah, I always thought those flip-back ones didn't look very aerodynamic. I was thinking something that might even be completely removable. Basically a canvas stretched over a collapsible frame you could fully snap (or bolt) on or off in a couple minutes.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I always thought those flip-back ones didn't look very aerodynamic. I was thinking something that might even be completely removable. Basically a canvas stretched over a collapsible frame you could fully snap (or bolt) on or off in a couple minutes.
Mini bimini! I like it!

RyanM

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been thinking the exact same thing. I would buy it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm thinking if I do remove both sections, I'll just use an old blanket between the sections. But, I'm just a simple man with simple thoughts. :)

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m definitely getting the canvas top for my 2d.
Ford Bronco Hybrid (hardtop + soft top) roof on 4-door Bronco? E782CADA-83D6-4994-B38D-F710F9FB46E7

Sponsored

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Might be able to use some sort of rack over only the rear cap and mount the middle panel on top of it. Aerodynamics are already out the window when the rear cap is on either way.

OP
OP
1DWN5UP

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Or maybe even fully hardtop BUT aftermarket creates a two-piece 2nd row panel and some type of support rod that goes across at the midpoint between 1st and 2nd row panels (to support both) when the roof is on but can be collapsed and stowed away

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was thinking something similar to the one on the right but over both rows of seats
I ordered the Sunrider on the right. No first and second row Sunrider yet at least. I'm satisfied with just the front.