Sponsored

How does the 2.7L Sound and Any Plans for Exhaust/Muffler Changes?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a lot of great sounding 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders out there. They all have carburetors on them and no turbos.
People make this mistake all of the time. They confuse a cool car with a good exhaust sound. I'd bet $100 if I took a sound clip of a cool carb'd old inline 4 and played it over the top of a F&F Honda Civic, everyone would complain about how horrible the exhaust sounds.

People think old cars sound good because they like old cars. Sorry, I4s and V6s have always sounded like garbage and the only thing to do is to keep them quiet.

The other thing I see is "I had an [XXX] with an exhaust and it sounded great!" Yes, and every parent believes their child is a beautiful perfect heavenly specimen. Sorry, your kid is an annoying shit and so is the loud exhaust on your V6 Mustang. It was never good, but you couldn't see that because it was yours and you were blind to how awful it was for everyone else.
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't be that guy. No one cares what your truck sounds like, except apparently you. In fact if you mod your vehicle to get it to sound more beefier, people will just look at you and shake their heads, and think, yep, he's that guy.

douchebag255.jpg

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry guys, there is just no substitute for a V8, go ahead and change your exhaust but ultimately you just get a V6 that has the sound of a screwed up exhaust.
Know how I know that's not a real mustang drag race? there's no people in front of them to run over.

• Haha
Reactions: abe

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This discussion of loud exhaust on nothing but a V-8 is nothing new. The feelings were the same even when I was in high school back in the 1970's.🖖

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
People say they sound like a tractor... not every tractor sounds like a Belarus...

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Hey @Shotsy, show me threads about 2.7l sounds "

Aw snaps that worked ☝☝Almost as good as Hey Google 😁
I'm starting to feel that the mods can delete all threads from the beginning to about 2 months ago because questions are being repeated multiple times...🤡

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Should sound similar to the stock F150 with the 2.7. Additionally here is the sound with the Borla Atak.

yeah... sounds like a Honda... 😕
Sounds like a 4 banger to me

Sponsored

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This discussion of loud exhaust on nothing but a V-8 is nothing new. The feelings were the same even when I was in high school back in the 1970's.🖖
They date back to 1932 with the first Ford V8

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People make this mistake all of the time. They confuse a cool car with a good exhaust sound. I'd bet $100 if I took a sound clip of a cool carb'd old inline 4 and played it over the top of a F&F Honda Civic, everyone would complain about how horrible the exhaust sounds.

People think old cars sound good because they like old cars. Sorry, I4s and V6s have always sounded like garbage and the only thing to do is to keep them quiet.

The other thing I see is "I had an [XXX] with an exhaust and it sounded great!" Yes, and every parent believes their child is a beautiful perfect heavenly specimen. Sorry, your kid is an annoying shit and so is the loud exhaust on your V6 Mustang. It was never good, but you couldn't see that because it was yours and you were blind to how awful it was for everyone else.
Hahahaha so true. I think the real issue is that people equate “loud” to “good.”

I had a decent flow master on my V6 camaro. It wasn’t overly loud, it was slightly more than stock but it changed the tone to be more pleasing at low idle and acceleration. The only engine that should be loud is a V8, dems the facts.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fwiw, the 3.5EB in my Flex sounds a lot better than a 3.5EB on an Expedition.

Underwhelming exhaust on a Ranger may not be duplicated on the Bronco.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not one of the V8 is the only good exhaust sounds guys all the time. Yes, i prefer it, but ive heard good exhaust sounds from many cylinder counts, but the the 2.7 is not good. I may go the route of trying to hear more turbo instead, as that is a more pleasing sound on this motor than the exhaust imo. At least im not getting the additional sound deadening in the body since i have the BD, so there will be no hood blanket from the factory.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not one of the V8 is the only good exhaust sounds guys. I've heard good exhaust sounds from many cylinder counts, but the the 2.7 is not good. I may go the route of trying to hear more turbo instead, as that is a more pleasing sound on this motor than the exhaust imo. At least in not getting the additional sound deadening in the body since i have the BD, so there will be no hood blanket from the factory.
Exhausts can sound good when it is tuned to the specific vehicle from the factory or by the exhaust manufacturer or by use of helmholtz. Unfortunately, most people believe the louder the better. This is why there is such a negative view of anything but V8’s. Because people cannot accept that a 4-6 cylinder isn’t as loud as a V8, they have to achieve the loudness! Listen to my Civic pop and burble and sound like a giant flatulent turd like lawn mower only 100X louder.
Sponsored