rugbyback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering if anyone could provide some insight.
Have a BD on order, no mid package due to the fact that I wanted keep the manual.
Primary reason to order the mid would have been for the backup camera…of course only to assist the wife and daughter 😏.

Is it safe to say that the wiring would be in place on non-mid models. Perhaps only needing to add the camera, harness and flash?

Thanks
Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have a BD on order, no mid package due to the fact that I wanted keep the manual.
Primary reason to order the mid would have been for the backup camera…of course only to assist the wife and daughter 😏.

Is it safe to say that the wiring would be in place on non-mid models. Perhaps only needing to add the camera and harness?

Thanks
They all have a backup camera.

OP
OP
rugbyback

rugbyback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just kind of assumed it was not since it is listed as a line item for the mid package. Thanks, will dig a little deeper.

Just checked, thanks That_Hal, seems you are correct.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All vehicles to be sold in the US built after May of 2018 are required to have a backup camera.

Any new car you'll buy will have one, even a Mitsubishi Mirage.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep. Backup is standard.

If I remember correctly, with the higher trims it adds the backup assist lines to the camera view.
Nailed it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aftermarket will offer something plug n play. I installed 360 cameras on my ‘17 F150 sync 3 that already had the backup camera. Now I have the grill (turns on below 15mph), under both mirrors (turn on when using signals) and extra plug that I could use for a bed camera. All can be manually switched on and when towing my trailer, I can switch between my tailgate and rear trailer camera.

BDBrian1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aftermarket will offer something plug n play. I installed 360 cameras on my ‘17 F150 sync 3 that already had the backup camera. Now I have the grill (turns on below 15mph), under both mirrors (turn on when using signals) and extra plug that I could use for a bed camera. All can be manually switched on and when towing my trailer, I can switch between my tailgate and rear trailer camera.
What brand do you have?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it safe to say that the wiring would be in place on non-mid models. Perhaps only needing to add the camera, harness and flash?

Thanks
All cars have a backup camera. I believe the mid package just adds grid lines when backing up. Kinda crap on Fords part that they make you have to upgrade to get the grid lines considering that is pretty much standard on all cars.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm also curious what brand you went with. Was the 360 cam an easy install?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm also curious what brand you went with. Was the 360 cam an easy install?
Front & side camera kit for Sync 3 from Camera Source. Install wasn’t bad. I actually was one of their guinea pigs and helped them write the detailed instructions. With the detailed instructions, it’s pretty straight forward. I’m a stickler for my wiring always wanting to make it as clean as possible. Most difficult part of the process was fishing the wires for the mirror cameras cleanly through the door harness boot.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All cars have a backup camera. I believe the mid package just adds grid lines when backing up. Kinda crap on Fords part that they make you have to upgrade to get the grid lines considering that is pretty much standard on all cars.
Are the grid lines just a software thing or do they require a different camera? If camera I can see it, cost savings.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are the grid lines just a software thing or do they require a different camera? If camera I can see it, cost savings.
Belive it's just software. If my base model Mazda has these features the BD should lol. I was thinking of just installing one of those rear view mirrors that have the rear cam on all the time to have a better view of what is behind me and those have the grid lines
Sponsored