Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just read the Edmunds article, Ford Bronco Sport vs. Subaru Forester: Which Is Better? https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/ford-bronco-sport-vs-subaru-forester-which-is-better.html

Surprised to read they thought the Subaru was the better buy. I guess I get it. The Subaru is better, but not as new and fun.
The Bronco Sport offers snazzy styling and a lot of impressive tech, both on-road and off, but it comes at a price. The Bronco Sport has a base price at $28,315, including destination fees. The Forester is cheaper to start at $25,845. The Bronco Sport offers several unique features for the class and has a lot of personality, but something more sensible may be the better buy for a majority of crossover buyers.
Something like, say, the Forester. It offers an excellent set of features for its price. The Forester's EPA-estimated fuel economy, at 29 mpg combined (26 city/33 highway), easily outpaces both available engines in the Bronco Sport at just 23 mpg (2.0-liter engine) and 26 mpg (1.5-liter engine) combined. The downside is that the Forester doesn't have a version that leaps into truly special territory, like the Bronco Sport Badlands does. The Bronco Sport is high-cost, high-reward. The Forester is simply a sound decision and delivers a more well-rounded driving experience.
This battle between the Bronco Sport and the Forester comes down to attributes that are hard to measure. Instead of comparing horsepower and cargo capacity figures, consider what kind of personality you want in your crossover. The Bronco Sport has lots of charisma, and we suspect many buyers will have no trouble paying more for the extra smiles it brings. On the other hand, the Forester is adept and unassuming, perfect for the understated driver.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like they picked the Forester because it's mediocre, unassuming, and cheap. Odd article.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah, only people who live in Boulder, Colorado drive Foresters. Subaru should be the mascot for the town.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nah, only people who live in Boulder, Colorado drive Foresters. Subaru should be the mascot for the town.
Same here in Vermont . . . State car I believe . . . Bernie Fn Sanders drives one in fact, from one beach home to the other.

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Editing as people are quite serious about this and want to be specific in words today:🤷‍♂️

A Forester joined us for our Trail Meetup and it did pretty well but slipped far more on certain sections! Also, while he has AWD full time, we handled majority on "NORMAL MODE"😎 (no need to lock the "rear diff" or put on "4wd" lock)

I think after he wanted to upgrade to the Bronco Sport😅

Ford Bronco Forester the better buy??? 20210307_153857

Last edited:

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Forester joined us for our Trail Meetup and it did pretty well but slipped far more on certain sections! Also, he had to be in AWD full time, while we handled majority on 2wd😎

I think after he wanted to upgrade to the Bronco Sport😅

Ford Bronco Forester the better buy??? 20210307_153857
Looks like a fun trip!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Article is comparing a crossover to a mid-size suv therefore the question "Which is better" is pointless. Sounds like a Subaru loyalists writing to justify keeping their Forester.

OP
OP

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here in Vermont . . . State car I believe . . . Bernie Fn Sanders drives one in fact, from one beach home to the other.
Looks like someone stole his car....

Screen-Shot-2021-01-22-at-10.57.54-AM.png

Deleted member 3063

Watching the video with the sound off I'd pick the BS every time.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my first Subaru in late '13. Wanted the mpg, ground clearance, and all wheel drive. Worst car in my entire life and I've been driving since the 70's, lol. Sad fact is that a lot of my friends got them around the same time frame and all had issues as well. Major like engine and tranny related, other crap like low mileage wheel bearings and CV joints. Would not even consider another. The other people say the same thing. I think they were growing too fast at that time and quality went into the crapper, not that is was the best to begin with. So Bronco Sport for the win even though I think the name is stupid.
Sponsored