Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re both mediocre.

I’ve had my outback for 7 years and said I wouldn’t buy another one. Spent a lot on repairs like head gaskets and such. They all burn oil it’s just a question of how much.

Bought an F150, even though it has <40000 miles it’s currently in the shop for IWE issues, timing chain rattle, and the doors won’t shut in the cold. Thank god it’s still under warranty.

I’d say with either brand you’re rolling the dice.
Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I could make quite the day of it. Drop down into Anza then head NE plus Joshua Tree
No problem! If you ever head out to it, feel free to msg us, we would love to join🙌 There are a ton of trails and BLM lands for dispersed camping between Anza and Joshua Tree!

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah we found out he just bought it and has all the gear (lift, tires, body mods etc.) Ordered and just waiting to be delivered! I made sure he didn't lose a bumper or scrap (as much) on some of the obstacles on the trail. On the Bradshaw Trail we plowed through as much of the sand for him. He followed close behind😅
Obstacles? That trail is long but is basically a dirt road with a hill... pretty sure I have driven it in a 2wd exploder with all season tires. None of this is making any sense.

toannn

First Edition
First Name
Toan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z06 2012 Avalanche 2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A Forester joined us for our Trail Meetup and it did pretty well but slipped far more on certain sections! Also, he had to be in AWD full time, while we handled majority on 2wd😎

I think after he wanted to upgrade to the Bronco Sport😅

20210307_153857.jpg
Subaru Foresters are always on AWD. It’s not selectable. The only thing it has is X-Mode for low speed.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Article is comparing a crossover to a mid-size suv therefore the question "Which is better" is pointless. Sounds like a Subaru loyalists writing to justify keeping their Forester.
Not sure where you got that idea, but it's not accurate because the Forester is actually larger and they're direct competitors.

Bronco Sport dimensions: 173″ L x 74″ W x 70-74″ H (passenger volume 105.7 cubic feet)
Subaru Forester dimensions: 182″ L x 72″ W x 68″ H (passenger volume 111.9 cubic feet)

I've now driven both, and if I had to choose I'd pick the forester. It's better driving, and Subaru has better interiors and better reliability.

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obstacles? That trail is long but is basically a dirt road with a hill... pretty sure I have driven it in a 2wd exploder with all season tires. None of this is making any sense.
Nice! Can be done forsure, depending on how the weather has been it has shifted rocks and areas can become more sandy. Definitely not a difficult trail but you'll scrape here and there.. when we went this time the trail had changed just a bit due to recent weather we've had (you know if you live here) have footage if you want to see or visit our page:

https://instagram.com/outboundexploration?igshid=1xgcby712l7d0

Subaru Foresters are always on AWD. It’s not selectable. The only thing it has is X-Mode for low speed.
Yup, already was pointed out by another member here! If you read our back and forth after we cleared up the seriousness in my comment... but I'm glad you mentioned x-mode because they didn't! Not sure if the forester used x-mode but in our Badlands we stayed pretty much in normal, just a few sections we had to engage a GOAT mode to make it a bit easier.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got ya beat, I use drive similar roads down the way by Clark Mtn in a Ford Capri II for field classes. I commented in Warthog in Anza Borrego forum how the manufactures keep showing their “Outdoor” autos driving on these innocuous dirt roads. Funny though WHog probably couldn’t make it through some of more difficult Anza trails because of it’s giant ass.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got ya beat, I use drive similar roads down the way by Clark Mtn in a Ford Capri II for field classes. I commented in Warthog in Anza Borrego forum how the manufactures keep showing their “Outdoor” autos driving on these innocuous dirt roads. Funny though WHog probably couldn’t make it through some of more difficult Anza trails because of it’s giant ass.

Is this one of those cases where being bigger and wider, doesn't help?😉😝

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here in Vermont . . . State car I believe . . . Bernie Fn Sanders drives one in fact, from one beach home to the other.
Who you kiddin'? There aren't any beaches in Vermont! It's land-locked! Or do Vermonters think lakes count as beaches?! 😄

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like you have never found a $10 bill on the ground. Because according to your logic, finding a $10 bill on the ground is too good of a deal, so it is impossible that that $10 can exist.

I bought my current 2016 Manual Transmission Mustang with 6,500 miles on it and in perfect condition in 2017. I paid $24K. VROOM just offered me $17K for it (now at 43K miles). It is a great vehicle, and if I do sell it, it will have depreciated only $7K in 4 years, which made that Mustang an awesome financial decision for a daily driver.

Also, our AWD Escape is costing us a ridiculously low $220 per month as a lease (no money down and including the trade in of our 11 year old Malibu that needed $800 in work if we didn't trade it in). That is a tremendous deal for a reliable, high MPG, high utility, 4 season vehicle.
Nice, you didn’t lose too much money on that stang.

but by your logic, last year I bought a 2017 forester for 17k from one dealer, and got another dealer to buy it for 17k.
Now I’m in a 2018 forester that I paid 22k for and carvana said they’ll give be 20,800, and I may be able to get what I paid privately.
Thus forester is far better than mustang?
Boom.

Last edited:

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They were supposed to have been fixed starting in the 2010 model year. However, when my 2010 Outback hit 180k, the head gaskets blew. $4k in repairs.
180 is right around where the second set was due.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who you kiddin'? There aren't any beaches in Vermont! It's land-locked! Or do Vermonters think lakes count as beaches?! 😄
Yeah - Vermonters think lakeside beaches count as beaches.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re all onboard for a Subaru, aren’t ya on the wrong forum? Well, unless you’re just a salesperson for Subaru trying to get some business... or trolling. Just wondering
Sponsored