Sponsored

Stig Badge By @broncoak made into stickers! (free) (Officially out of Stig Stickers last batch goes out Monday 4/12/21)

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just received the Stickers and they are awesome. I can't wait to place them on my new 2 Dr, Cyber Yellow, Manual, Badlands.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As part of Ashley's visit to see the Bronco in St. Louis, she reconnoitered a location for the Stigger. The driver/passenger vent is recessed to accommodate the grab handle and provides a smooth plastic surface. It is protected from the elements and can be seen so other B6G members can identify another member of the Secret Stig Society. I like it and defer to Ashley as she was the chosen one to serve as The Stig's intermediary.
Ford Bronco Stig Badge By @broncoak made into stickers! (free) (Officially out of Stig Stickers last batch goes out Monday 4/12/21) Stigger_Vent

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As part of Ashley's visit to see the Bronco in St. Louis, she reconnoitered a location for the Stigger. The driver/passenger vent is recessed to accommodate the grab handle and provides a smooth plastic surface. It is protected from the elements and can be seen so other B6G members can identify another member of the Secret Stig Society. I like it and defer to Ashley as she was the chosen one to serve as The Stig's intermediary.
Ford Bronco Stig Badge By @broncoak made into stickers! (free) (Officially out of Stig Stickers last batch goes out Monday 4/12/21) Stigger_Vent
I actually got crazy but didn’t post those pictures haha. Then I saw that and was Bingo!

25038D87-B42F-4267-8E3F-A79C27153F0D.jpeg

AE17B950-BD46-42B5-8F6E-75549B2E97A7.jpeg

2B23B158-ACAE-4D9B-B0E4-667297AB61F8.jpeg

7F165FF9-ACAC-4BCD-AE9A-CA0C1D328A4A.jpeg

91530370-99A9-4C40-AEB7-ACA917DC425D.jpeg

DB38FA19-EFD8-4BAF-8FF9-9A293F803E6F.jpeg

0C055897-C3B0-4C30-92AB-3D60E4038F33.jpeg

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually got crazy but didn’t post those pictures haha. Then I saw that and was Bingo!

Ford Bronco Stig Badge By @broncoak made into stickers! (free) (Officially out of Stig Stickers last batch goes out Monday 4/12/21) 0C055897-C3B0-4C30-92AB-3D60E4038F33
Quoted not for Stigger placement (it wouldn't last in the wheel well), but rather it shows the plastic wheel well liners that I hope are available. (Also, we can see more of your tattoos.)

ssbronco

Base
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Stig Badge By @broncoak made into stickers! (free) (Officially out of Stig Stickers last batch goes out Monday 4/12/21) 0C055897-C3B0-4C30-92AB-3D60E4038F33

For what it's worth, the stickers will likely adhere better and longer on the painted surfaces than on plastic surfaces. The dashboard could be made from several types of plastics. The most common is TPO, and typical pressure sensitive adhesives don't stick well to TPOs. I have some experience with PSAs in industrial applications, and most plastics require specialty PSAs for long term bonding success. Temperature fluctuations, dust and dirt, etc, may also affect the bond. Where ever you choose to apply the sticker, make sure the surface is clean and press the sticker down firmly.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For what it's worth, the stickers will likely adhere better and longer on the painted surfaces than on plastic surfaces. The dashboard could be made from several types of plastics. The most common is TPO, and typical pressure sensitive adhesives don't stick well to TPOs. I have some experience with PSAs in industrial applications, and most plastics require specialty PSAs for long term bonding success. Temperature fluctuations, dust and dirt, etc, may also affect the bond. Where ever you choose to apply the sticker, make sure the surface is clean and press the sticker down firmly.
Aww this is good information. Would it be better to use Velcro?!

ssbronco

Base
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aww this is good information. Would it be better to use Velcro?!
Not quite sure if that's a solution. One side of the velcro would still have to be stuck on the plastic, and it may not adhere well. If that was what I wanted to do, I'd make test samples of the "A" side of the velcro and see how well it adheres to the intended location before I stuck the sticker to the "B" side of the velcro. It's possible the sticker will adhere to some of the plastics in the Bronco, but without knowing the type of adhesive on the sticker, and the substrate material (the type of plastic), the outcome isn't predictable. I do know that it's more likely to stick to a very smooth plastic surface better than one that is textured. There's a lot of technical crap behind all this. If anyone is interested, google "TPO plastics with PSA" and you'll find a lot more info than needs to be posted here. I liked the location behind the grab handle, but I was thinking about how well the sticker would hold. I saw your post today with the photos of the other sticker locations which prompted my initial comments. I'm fairly certain it will adhere to any of the interior metal painted surfaces quite well that don't get excessively wet, etc. Wherever it goes, the stickers are really nice! I like it better than any of the front fender stickers that Ford designed. Thanks, again for making the stickers - it was a great idea!

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@ssbronco For the plastic surface adhesion, wouldn't a cleaning of the surface with rubbing alcohol be sufficient?

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Ashley! Super cool idea. I'll be at the dealer even in Roseville, CA, in 2 weeks. Hope to rock this!

ssbronco

Base
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
@ssbronco For the plastic surface adhesion, wouldn't a cleaning of the surface with rubbing alcohol be sufficient?
Cleaning a surface before applying any adhesive is good practice. That doesn't change the chemical composition of the adhesive or the substrate (plastic, in this case). Most plastics used in automotive applications are low surface energy materials, meaning standard adhesives don't bond well to them. For example, try sticking a piece of scotch tape to the inside surface of a teflon pan, or on a silicone rubber pad. You' ll find it doesn't stick well and won't stick for long. Teflon (PTFE plastic) and silicone rubber are very low energy materials. They resist having things stick to them, which is why they perform well for their intended use. Stick the tape on smooth painted metal or glass and you'll have a tough time getting the tape off in one piece. Those materials have high surface energy and most pressure sensitive adhesives will bond well to them. The texture molded into some of the plastic pieces in the interior present an additional problem. Think of the texture as hills and valleys. Even firmly pressing a sticker on a textured surface doesn't get all of the adhesive into the "valleys", so the amount of bonding surface is further reduced, resulting in a less permanent bond. Combining a low surface energy plastic with texture may not be the best place to put a sticker if one wants to have it last for awhile.