Sponsored

Swapping Sasquatch Fender Flares for Standard Flares?

OP
OP
ericwayne

ericwayne

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in Jersey.
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Delete option...

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I imagine more than one person is going to find theirs missing, even when parked for a few minutes.
Note to self:

Delete: beadlocks
Add: flarelocks

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would love to do this as well. Never had a vehicle with tires past the fenders. I'm guessing more dirt and rocks on the side of the vehicles? More damage?

Yep. My 04 Rubi had spacers that made the wheels stick out a few inches past the flares. While it looks cool, it shoots ALL kinds of stuff up on the body (and more on the people driving behind you I'm guessing). Driving on the road in mist of rain looks like you just got back from a good gravel off road excursion.

Plus, technically doesn't pass inspection in PA, so had to get rid of the spacers and get wider flares. *shrug*

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about swapping Outer Banks painted fender flares for the standard MIC fender flares? ;) Hoping process is no different. That's the first thing I'm gonna try doing if I go OB.

Sponsored

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone here with experience know if doing so will make a lot of dents in your paint (due to small rocks) on the side of the car?
Yes it will. Just like any other. It happens anyway to some degree over time. There are plenty of trucks on the road with tires sticking way out. Personally, I think its the height of the vehicle and uncovered rear wheels that fling up the windshield rocks and not that from the sides due to small flares.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With a deep agressive tread drive thru mud and rocks get back on highway that sucker will be slinging stuff all over ,on your hood ,sides,back at the cars behind you.

The flares keep it mostly under control but stuff is going to fly,i would feel bad if i hurt someone with a rock from my tire.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In many states it would be a vehicle code violation.

Here in Kali - Highway Patrol seems to enjoy pulling people over for tires extending past the wheel wells. A group of us were headed out wheeling, and 8 of us were stopped, three received tickets.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh my god. Yes.

They are so easy to swap, you could probably just pull up to another bronco at a stop light, hop out and swap them over, and get back in and get away before the other person realizes what's happening.
This thought has crossed my mind. Not the stoplight part but having them stolen. Aftermarket will probably provide a lock solution to replace a couple of the knobs.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This thought has crossed my mind. Not the stoplight part but having them stolen. Aftermarket will probably provide a lock solution to replace a couple of the knobs.
Thanks for the future anxiety

Sponsored

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fender flares serve a purpose, they help stop debris from being shot at the car behind you and protect the side of your vehicle as well. If you put smaller ones on and your tires stick out, I hope your windshield get broken before you break somebody else's.
Dumb comment. If someones windshield gets broken because fender flares are too small? Guess what? Theyre following too goddamn close!

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone here with experience know if doing so will make a lot of dents in your paint (due to small rocks) on the side of the car?
Rock chips on paint? Yes! Dents? No unless youre planning on doing 40+mph on a gravel road!

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't seen it mentioned (I did search), but I should be able to easily swap the Sasquatch fender flares for a standard set....correct? That would eliminate the really wide flares and have a better stance. Thoughts? Not sure I would want to change the shape via aftermarket, just the width.
Also have been thinking about this too.
Sponsored