Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not tracking why all the hate for this little unit.

People liked the original Ranger because it was small, cheap and somewhat fuel efficient for its day (not the 4.0 though mine drank gas like it was a Guinness on St. patties day).

This Maverick is small, cheap and likely pretty fuel efficient. To me, buyers in this segment won’t care that it’s IRS and has a turbo instead of a larger, simpler NA motor. Or that it looks weird.

Not every vehicle Ford makes has to be an enthusiast vehicle.

Remember that Porsche has to sell the Cayenne and the Panamera in order to keep making the 911.

Although I will say it’s kind absurd that Ford made the Ranger almost as big as the F150, only to then slot in something similar to the size of the old Ranger 10 years later. Do they really need 4 different sizes of trucks?

My .01
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not everyone wants a full blown full frame truck. The same people that would be interested in something like this are the reason we have 4,700 compact and subcompact crossovers on the market. What you value in a truck means exactly dick to what they're looking for. Small, economical, decent ride and a little bed to occasionally throw dirty things into. That's it. They don't care about a ton of power and towing. They just want to go to Home Depot for some river rocks.
By your own standards a small utility trailer would be better for the vast majority of consumers. If the fuel economy numbers match the Bronco sport than its not going to be a huge upgrade MPG wise over existing trucks.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By your own standards a small utility trailer would be better for the vast majority of consumers. If the fuel economy numbers match the Bronco sport than its not going to be a huge upgrade MPG wise over existing trucks.
By my own standards? Lol. I just recognize there's a market there. I don't have to like it. It exists regardless of my opinion on it. A lot of people probably could get away with a small trailer behind their little crossover. Others may want a vehicle that looks kind of like a truck, does some truck-like things but mostly acts and drives like a car.

A ton of people buy crossovers that won't ever tackle anything more difficult that wet grass. They do want the appearance of a bit of ruggedness and capability however. They also want the utility of a minivan or a station wagon without the stigma. So the market met them. The same is happening here. They want the look of a truck. Some of the capability of a truck. But they don't necessarily want a traditional truck.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
By my own standards? Lol. I just recognize there's a market there. I don't have to like it. It exists regardless of my opinion on it. A lot of people probably could get away with a small trailer behind their little crossover. Others may want a vehicle that looks kind of like a truck, does some truck-like things but mostly acts and drives like a car.

A ton of people buy crossovers that won't ever tackle anything more difficult that wet grass. They do want the appearance of a bit of ruggedness and capability however. They also want the utility of a minivan or a station wagon without the stigma. So the market met them. The same is happening here. They want the look of a truck. Some of the capability of a truck. But they don't necessarily want a traditional truck.
I have to catch you on something.
No one buying a crossover is giving off any appearance of ruggedness or capability, they are glorified minivans down to the uni-frame and carry that stigma.

Back to what your saying, the maverick sacrifices the car like maneuverability and car like fuel economy to add a bed that is capable of very little more than a decent sized hatchback and certainly no more capable than utility trailer.

It treads the same ground the Ridgeline has floundered on for over a decade. If the Maverick has a saving grace over the ridgeline it is that it’s much more appropriately priced than the Ridgeline. It seems like a tough sell to make the Maverick make sense.

If you want a truck, the Maverick is not going to satisfy that desire. If you want a car, your not going to be happy with the fuel economy. If you want something miserable to put your $15/hour employee into then the Versa likely has you covered. Unless the Maverick comes in 2 door or extended cab I don’t see much market for fleet either.

That’s just my opinion. I have no doubt when it’s first introduced it will sell decent to those that have to have the newest thing on the block, but I predict it will quickly become a Ridgeline.

If someone wants to build an actual mini truck, I will strongly consider it as a cheap get around.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
More importantly: Why is it socially acceptable to take a left turn into the lane of oncoming traffic, shortcutting the proper driving line?

Well done there, test driver, you have the entire pumpkin in the lane of oncoming traffic because you drive like a twat.

Full disclosure: I did assign 1 bonus point for actually using (testing?) the turn signal. America could use an awful lot more folks using their turn signal..... And avoiding driving into oncoming traffic.

Ford Bronco Maverick Pickup nearly fully revealed! Driving like a Mavrick

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More importantly: Why is it socially acceptable to take a left turn into the lane of oncoming traffic, shortcutting the proper driving line?

Well done there, test driver, you have the entire pumpkin in the lane of oncoming traffic because you drive like a twat.

Full disclosure: I did assign 1 bonus point for actually using (testing?) the turn signal. America could use an awful lot more folks using their turn signal..... And avoiding driving into oncoming traffic.

Ford Bronco Maverick Pickup nearly fully revealed! Driving like a Mavrick
I think there might be one of those center turn lanes...

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually really like the Ranger...this though...:sick: I dont see how it fits into the Ford lineup
I think they member above nailed it. It is a less expensive fleet vehicle option for businesses that need work trucks to haul tools and such.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think there might be one of those center turn lanes...
Looks like the truck is straddling a double solid yellow center line with a white striped line on either side, denoting lanes.

A center turn lane would be denoted by a solid inside yellow line and striped outside yellow line on each side.

Ford Bronco Maverick Pickup nearly fully revealed! 1615595634586

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm starting to like this little thing.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looks like the truck is straddling a double solid yellow center line with a white striped line on either side, denoting lanes.

A center turn lane would be denoted by a solid inside yellow line and striped outside yellow line on each side.

1615595634586.png
The photographer had clearance, traffic cones, a helper with a flag and an automated stop light, no cars were harmed in this commercial.

Ford Bronco Maverick Pickup nearly fully revealed! eI78yvdNYVlBz6baTnurptyXRA-SsjCYrL1RIMPpcSh5gOTu5Q

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Nearly, fully revealed"? Isn't that a double negative? 🤪
Sponsored