Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @JAGSarge is this the first pic of a 2DR with side molding? Also, has hood plastic thing. Whatever that’s for. 🤷‍♂️
And the fender flares look different to me also (slanted vs flat) but not the huge rounded version on a different thread.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a good representation of the color antimatter blue
In full, direct sunlight, on the one side of the vehicle directly facing the sun, when Venus is in retrograde and all healing stones are in their tantric yoni positions..... Yes, this color will have the beautiful navy hue to it.

Willing to bet that if the photographer had been able to take a picture of the opposite side of that truck in the same photoshoot, at the same time, it would have appeared 98% black and 2% slightly off-black. Lets be honest here, it's starting to look nearly black near the tail lights in the picture provided and that's only slightly off from directly facing the sun.

The Velocity Blue rig behind it looks great with the soft top fast-back! As for the Mach 1 in condom goo..... Well thankfully that car is offered in colors which are capable of showing off the sexy lines of the Mach 1.

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen this paint in person and think it looks great but I think it need to be on a body with lots of curves. To me the more squared off lines of the Bronco don’t do it justify. I think that 10 miles after it was washed People would say “it needs to be washed”😎

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know some folks love that old school 40's on 15" wheels look.
Sure do! That's been a sweet-spot for 40's-50's cars since about the 40's and 50's.

LOL, I've noticed it has changed the way I post also. I use the words generally, approximately, I believe, it's my understanding ...etc etc , because if you don't , somebody is going to shove some .01 percentile fact/opinion in your face.
I also throw in detail overload because some other ashhole will come in with wrong info and try to argue.
Feel like every post has to pre-empt the ignorance.
Wait, somebody responded to the 40's wheel post. :unsure:
Now i'm confused what wheels were supposed to look best on 40's cars and inquiring minds want to know!!! (currently shopping for different hubcaps on the '51, open to any/all suggestions)

I could like the hood molding. Would like to see more of this... on white...

0FCA254B-30C1-462D-84F7-E36AA54A1FA4.jpeg
Interesting modern interpretation of a louvered hood. Does anybody know or think those have any sort of corresponding vents in the actual hood or just a stick-on?

Gets the mind thinking about pulling out the ol' metal press, dyes and spare sheet metal to designing some actual louvers for the Bronco, just to see how much it can piss off others for having done an actual mod by hand and without paying somebody, on a "$50 thousand dollar car".

Ford Bronco Looky what I found... 2-Door Broncos in Antimatter Blue, Cactus Gray, Carbonized Gray, Velocity Blue images[1]

Sponsored

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for huntin and sharing the pics!

Every time I see the Shadow Black and Antimatter Blue convos it makes me think of this (as well as my experiences with car dealerships in general)...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/F_mQfBEy24U

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burndog

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In full, direct sunlight, on the one side of the vehicle directly facing the sun, when Venus is in retrograde and all healing stones are in their tantric yoni positions..... Yes, this color will have the beautiful navy hue to it.

Willing to bet that if the photographer had been able to take a picture of the opposite side of that truck in the same photoshoot, at the same time, it would have appeared 98% black and 2% slightly off-black. Lets be honest here, it's starting to look nearly black near the tail lights in the picture provided and that's only slightly off from directly facing the sun.

The Velocity Blue rig behind it looks great with the soft top fast-back! As for the Mach 1 in condom goo..... Well thankfully that car is offered in colors which are capable of showing off the sexy lines of the Mach 1.
Correct sir...I hate to say it but thought it was black till I faced the side in the sun. Even then I struggled to pick out the depth of the color.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"it's starting to look nearly black near the tail lights in the picture provided and that's only slightly off from directly facing the sun."

That's what I meant, it's dark in the back and light in the front, you can see most of the spectrum of this color in one shot.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Correct sir...I hate to say it but thought it was black till I faced the side in the sun. Even then I struggled to pick out the depth of the color.
Which is an absolute travesty, because AMB has the most amazing metal flake Ford has ever put in any of their production paints.

Just a pity they essentially ruined it with having far too dark of a color for the base and carrier.

First few seconds of this video highlight the beauty of this paint color at the macro level.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/painted-jerry-cans-close-up-in-the-sun.8025/

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure do! That's been a sweet-spot for 40's-50's cars since about the 40's and 50's.

Wait, somebody responded to the 40's wheel post. :unsure:
Now i'm confused what wheels were supposed to look best on 40's cars and inquiring minds want to know!!! (currently shopping for different hubcaps on the '51, open to any/all suggestions)

Interesting modern interpretation of a louvered hood. Does anybody know or think those have any sort of corresponding vents in the actual hood or just a stick-on?

Gets the mind thinking about pulling out the ol' metal press, dyes and spare sheet metal to designing some actual louvers for the Bronco, just to see how much it can piss off others for having done an actual mod by hand and without paying somebody, on a "$50 thousand dollar car".

images[1].jpg
I think he was talking about 40 inch tires on 15s. Which I freeking love!
z9CZd1sJheAHaFj?w=237&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg

But I also love the 40s and 50s metal. I made some wood interior door panels and detailed the flathead of a 50 ford a buddy rescued out of a barn in the carolinas. Easiest car I ever worked on.

Last edited:

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those door moldings don't look too bad on that Carb Gray. Better than what was shown yesterday.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which is an absolute travesty, because AMB has the most amazing metal flake Ford has ever put in any of their production paints.

Just a pity they essentially ruined it with having far too dark of a color for the base and carrier.

First few seconds of this video highlight the beauty of this paint color at the macro level.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/painted-jerry-cans-close-up-in-the-sun.8025/
Yes, it is a travesty.
Ford Bronco Looky what I found... 2-Door Broncos in Antimatter Blue, Cactus Gray, Carbonized Gray, Velocity Blue 20210313_124458

This truck is Antimatter "Blue" according to its sticker. I really, really wanted to love it, but I don't.

I'm very sad. Ford has Infinite Blue that looks more like what I thought AMB would be according to all the CGI pictures.

But this truck is just black. And if it looks black on a car lot in Arizona, it is almost never going to look blue.😥

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And in the next several months all these test Broncos will be destroyed. Ford donated a 2020 GT500 with all the goodies, over 100k msrp to the local fire department. They took the jaws of life to it and within an hour it was a pile of junk
Sponsored