First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So road trips wouldn’t be a thing in this eh?
275 miles before needing a re-charge??

cool idea but not practical, for me...
At one point I would have agreed but I can count on one hand the number of times I take my truck further than 250 miles in a day per year. And as battery and charging tech get better - I can recharge to 80% capacity in the time it takes me to eat lunch or dinner. I want to embrace EVs and honestly, I can see myself with both a Bronco and this, if it ever comes to market.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should have explained more why I said this maybe vaporware earlier. I read about this company a few days ago, the article does not inspire confidence. Please read it below for yourself, pay particular attention to the items I put in bold.

Secretive new EV startup unveils interesting-looking $36,000 electric pickup truck

A secretive new company called Alpha Motor unveiled an interesting-looking electric pickup truck.

While the vehicle may serve as an interesting design concept, I wouldn’t hold my breath to see it enter production.

The success of Tesla has led to many electric vehicle startups launching around the world.

Some are more serious than others, and sometimes it can be hard to differentiate them.

Alpha Motor is the latest one to enter the space.

They came on the scene late last year with the unveiling of a retro-looking all-electric vehicle that scored some coverage in auto publications like Motortrend, but no one seemed to know anything about them.

The company describes itself on its website:

While that sounds good, they don’t list any actual person behind the company or employee.

A LinkedIn search of Alpha Motor shows two people working there. One of them going by Kevin L. with no other listed work experience and the other Lawrence Eric Go, a California-based copywriter in charge of writing press releases for Alpha Motor.

Go previously did the same thing for Neuron EV, another dubious California-based EV startup that seems to have disappeared after unveiling concepts back in 2019, including a Tesla Semi clone.

I pulled up Alpha’s business registrations in California and Delaware and found that it first listed someone named “Michael A. Smith” as its CEO in an original filling in October 2020, and then they updated it in January to name a Kevin Lee as CEO with offices in Irvine.

As you can imagine, it’s hard to narrow down who those people actually are with those extremely common names.

Now they unveiled another vehicle that is making the rounds in auto publications: the new Electric Wolf, a two-door electric pickup truck.

The vehicle features an interesting design that we haven’t seen in electric pickup trucks yet:
Good data/details here. I honestly hope you're wrong and that they build this thing. But I am not holding my breath nor am I cancelling my Bronco order :)

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get a chance to look at the new Lordstown truck soon. I'll keep you posted on what I find.

Reactions: abe

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Phew... you can't take the doors or roof off. I still want my Bronco.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because 4 door pickup trucks are for posers.
I blame daylight savings time. Damn you, Benjamin Franklin.
Did we come to a consensus on this? Because in Arizona we don't change our clocks so I can't blame my stupidity on the time change. I was also under the impression Maverick was only 4-doors.🤪

I had high hopes for the Maverick and was sorely disappointed it isn't a true mini truck or a modern Ranchero.

This Alpha Wolf looks way closer to what I was envisioning will be parked next to my Bronco in my driveway someday.

Sponsored

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this thing becomes real in my life-time, I'm owning one. Period. End of discussion.

alpha-jax-electric-cuv.jpg
Looks like a Match Box or Hot Wheels car.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Did we come to a consensus on this? Because in Arizona we don't change our clocks so I can't blame my stupidity on the time change. I was also under the impression Maverick was only 4-doors.🤪

I had high hopes for the Maverick and was sorely disappointed it isn't a true mini truck or a modern Ranchero.

This Alpha Wolf looks way closer to what I was envisioning will be parked next to my Bronco in my driveway someday.
4 doors are for posers, except in Arizona, because that would be a double negative and, uhhh, idk, the Illuminati?

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a Match Box or Hot Wheels car.
saw this a few weeks back. I hit the button to reserve one, gave them my info, got nothing back.. you'd think they would excite you with something, or ask for $500 deposit..
if it ever comes to be I would get it to keep at my vacation house. It's about the size of an Audi A4 I think.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like I'm the only one not head-over-heels for these.
Not that I wouldn't love an EV off-roader - I absolutely would - but that the design is just...bizarre.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

THE AMC EAGLE HATCHBACK!!!

I freakin' KNEW it reminded me of something! 😂

Jokes on you, I've owned one of these already. Jokes on me too, terrible cars. I don't give a f&*K what anyone says, they were garbage.
Just ahead of it's time by 30 years! I definitely took advantage of the spacious cargo area in the four door though;)

OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow is right. Wow that’s ugly.
Hard disagree with you on that. I think it looks better than 90% of the new cars coming out right now. I don't even see how it's divisive - those are clean, classic late 80's boxy truck lines.

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
cardinalsfan

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like I'm the only one not head-over-heels for these.
Not that I wouldn't love an EV off-roader - I absolutely would - but that the design is just...bizarre.
What's bizarre about it? Honestly? I love it SO MUCH and I don't even see how it's this divisive.

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
saw this a few weeks back. I hit the button to reserve one, gave them my info, got nothing back.. you'd think they would excite you with something, or ask for $500 deposit..
if it ever comes to be I would get it to keep at my vacation house. It's about the size of an Audi A4 I think.
As far as I can tell, the company is basically just a couple of guys that made some cool looking 3D renders and listed some reasonable sounding specs. Their business plan now is to generate buzz around the designs, get a lot of people to "reserve" a car, then use the attention to attract investors and bootstrap the actual car production from there.

I wish them luck, but I won't hold my breath.
Sponsored