Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
then dont be typical...listen to what the members here are saying...tbh, that is how i got here 2 months ago...i listened to a member
One of the few that listened and I'm glad it has paid dividends for you. To be honest, I didnt move my reservation to you based my ideal position I have in my local dealers allocation but based on our brief interaction a while back would not have thought twice if circumstances were different.
@DealerInsider i remember you were put through the gauntlet when you first stepped foot 'round these parts. happy to see you offering true value to the Bronco legion here!
Sponsored

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I represent Crown Ford- Nassau County NY dealer- I am happy to assist customers with converting reservations to this dealer, ordering their Bronco and delivering the car without any extra fees. Please direct all inquiries to [email protected]
Is this your dealership?
Ford Bronco Ford Dealer- NY- 1615847312852

Do you have a holding lot somewhere? Or are all your sales orders? I'm genuinely curious.

Is your Service Dept at a seperate location?

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lee's co-worker: Did you post an ad in that Bronco chat room today?
Lee: Yes.
Lee's co-worker: How'd it go?
Lee: Too soon to tell.

Last edited:
OP
OP

CrownFord

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is this your dealership?
Ford Bronco Ford Dealer- NY- 200

Do you have a holding lot somewhere? Or are all your sales orders? I'm genuinely curious.

Is your Service Dept at a seperate location?
We have several storage locations. Service is located on premesis

Sponsored

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have several storage locations. Service is located on premesis
No shit. That has to be the smallest dealership from any major manufacturer that I've ever seen. Is that normal for that area? I grew up in the Western US and am not very familiar with New York/Long Island.

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Ford Dealer- NY- 1615848139184

By the looks of this I see pre delivery paintless dent repairs. Looks like the porter can’t park cars in orderly manner

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol.. well this has been entertaining.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No shit. That has to be the smallest dealership from any major manufacturer that I've ever seen. Is that normal for that area? I grew up in the Western US and am not very familiar with New York/Long Island.
Further upstate, the dealerships are more normal sized. There aren't many of the super dealerships like you find out here, but normal. As you get closer to any of the eastern metros the property values are stupid. I'm sure he's not kidding about the cost of doing business. I'm sure that tiny lot costs more than two normal sized dealerships combined in Colorado. Plus property tax is way higher. There's a reason I don't live in NY anymore.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@CrownFord - not to beat a dead horse (or Bronco), but as noted, a bit of a reconnaissance run might have saved a lot of embarrassment. You may well have the hottest freaking deal in Long Island, but you aren't even in the same area code on this board.

It is really clear that we are not your average consumer, and that the core group here is HIGHLY informed. What has turned many of us off to our local dealers is the abject lack of product knowledge as well as any decent (even minimal) communication skills of dealers in general.

Many of us are in sale and fully understand that these are products that will NOT put money in someone's pocket in the near term (it is going to be a year+ from reservation to delivering for many here, so we understand that a salesperson needs to sell what they have on hand).

That said, you are presuming business demise for a dealer who has taken a long term view of this. He has gaged the allocation game that Ford has created, and realized that taking a risk on short-term profit (when there will be very few Broncos available) is going to build his downstream inventory (and at this point, reputation) to be in a position to recover lost short-term margins.

For me, this is a fairly local transaction (under 30 miles). My closer dealers never so much as gave me the time of day. I'm getting a deal that is far better than I ever expected, and, TBH, one I would have done for less of a discount than I got (okay, Tom, this doesn't mean I want to you to increase my price 😁 ) What it meant was that I moved up a model and got a Badlands for what the OBX was going to cost. I'll be getting more "stuff" on it too.

I know where you are located, (I have in-laws near you and friends nearby) and understand some costs are higher. But Philly is not cheap, and all you had to do to figure any of this out was to spend a few minutes (or hours) reading. Earn what you are asking for, or crawl back and wait it out until you can get allocations in MY22/23.

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Dealer- NY- 1615848139184

By the looks of this I see pre delivery paintless dent repairs. Looks like the porter can’t park cars in orderly manner
Looks like they need one of those car vending machines for storage.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Further upstate, the dealerships are more normal sized. There aren't many of the super dealerships like you find out here, but normal. As you get closer to any of the eastern metros the property values are stupid. I'm sure he's not kidding about the cost of doing business. I'm sure that tiny lot costs more than two normal sized dealerships combined in Colorado. Plus property tax is way higher. There's a reason I don't live in NY anymore.
My daughter lives a couple towns over in Levittown(sp?). So I'm aware of how expensive it is there. I just didn't expect that building to hold the Sales, Parts, and Service Depts.
Many years ago I was a tech at a very small Ford dealer in SoCal. Our Quick Service Lane was about the same size as what thier whole Service Dept appears to be. (I checked street view after he said it was on site.)

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Second try on the question his allocation and reservation count, ***Crickets*** He apparently tried to baffle us with bullshit instead of dazzling us with brilliance....
I bet it’s because he has to ask his sales manager for these answers and then ask permission if he can post that info here and his line management doesn’t like putting that out there.

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not in sales, but I can smell bullshit a mile away. Both figuratively and literally (I'm a nurse, shit is part of the profession). It's like when a patient tries to smooth talk me I'm just like.
Ford Bronco Ford Dealer- NY- 1615849888184

Don't come on here and try to smooth talk us
Sponsored