The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fords 2.3 Ecoboost is a very impressive engine. I owned a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost and found the power to be amazing especially with the tune.

This thread is for the people getting the Manual but also the people that still chose to get the 2.3 even with the Automatic transmission like me. I'll be more then happy to keep that extra $2k in my pocket for other things.

The 2.3 in more then enough engine for the Bronco. 270hp and 310tq is mind boggling compared to older V8s that were used in trucks, vans and suvs. Then if you want even more power down the road you could add in Fords tune when they make it available. Then you'll have about 325hp and 360tq. More then enough power for an off road vehicle. I won't even get into the other mods you can do for insane power because it would defeat the purpose of saving the $2k

If you don't think that's enough power check out some of the V8 power numbers over the years that got the job done. Also think of all the Jeeps from the 90s still running around off road with 155hp

The bottom line the 2.3 is a great engine for this platform and will make a lot of Bronco owners very happy in the Manual and Automatic transmissions.

Screenshot_20210316-194749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-194654_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Fords 2.3 Ecoboost is a very impressive engine. I owned a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost and found the power to be amazing especially with the tune.

This thread is for the people getting the Manual but also the people that still chose to get the 2.3 even with the Automatic transmission like me. I'll be more then happy to keep that extra $2k in my pocket for other things.

The 2.3 in more then enough engine for the Bronco. 270hp and 310tq is mind boggling compared to older V8s that were used in trucks, vans and suvs. Then if you want even more power down the road you could add in Fords tune when they make it available. Then you'll have about 325hp and 360tq. More then enough power for an off road vehicle. I won't even get into the other mods you can do for insane power because it would defeat the purpose of saving the $2k

If you don't think that's enough power check out some of the V8 power numbers over the years that got the job done. Also think of all the Jeeps from the 90s still running around off road with 155hp

The bottom line the 2.3 is a great engine for this platform and will make a lot of Bronco owners very happy in the Manual and Automatic transmissions.

Screenshot_20210316-194749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-194654_Samsung Internet.jpg
Well yeah, Chevy engines :rolleyes:

Seriously though, we've been in a hp war for awhile. When you have a 300 hp Camry to run the kids to school everything else has to step it's game up.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well yeah, Chevy engines :rolleyes:

Seriously though, we've been in a hp war for awhile. When you have a 300 hp Camry to run the kids to school everything else has to step it's game up.
I'm not even talking in Horsepower war terms. I'm just saying the 2.3 is a really good motor and is more then enough power for off roading. I had a lifted 1979 Chevy Cheyenne 37 inch tires with the 350 engine that did some pretty hard-core off roading and did just fine and it wasn't even made for that. The Bronco built from the ground up from the factory for Off-roading with the 2.3 will be 10x better.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t wait until some 2.7 Broncos pull up next to me at a stop light in a lane they know ends. It’s fun smoking people.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t wait until some 2.7 Broncos pull up next to me at a stop light in a lane they know ends. It’s fun smoking people.
I’m confused. Are you saying? What are you saying? The 2.3 is gonna smoke the 2.7?

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2.3 Ecoboost vs older V8s Screenshot_20210316-194520_Samsung Internet

Ford Bronco 2.3 Ecoboost vs older V8s Screenshot_20210316-194520_Samsung Internet
The other engines mention were not turbo charged. I fear the strain on the tiny engine will cause a lot to fail for those using on trails as turbos lose power when hot and if your climbing a mountain they are going to get hot. 2.3 May be okay in a light little mustang with 20lbs tires or payment driving trucks , but true off road could be a different story. I would rather have a large non turbo 8v without the worries that come with super chargers, but that's not an option so going the the V6 like most. I prefer to put as little strain on the most expensive component to replace than push it to the limit. Ford knows like jeep few of these will end up on the trail and those that do most the owners are choosing V6. No one ever complains about having to much power and resale value of V6 over the 4 banger will probably pay for it's self in the end. It's a shame the die hard manual drivers have no options this year.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m confused. Are you saying? What are you saying? The 2.3 is gonna smoke the 2.7?
No lol. I’m saying I can’t wait till people get their Broncos and think they’re fast. Any engine.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The other engines mention were not turbo charged. I fear the strain on the tiny engine will cause a lot to fail for those using on trails as turbos lose power when hot and if your climbing a mountain they are going to get hot. 2.3 May be okay in a light little mustang with 20lbs tires or payment driving trucks , but true off road could be a different story. I would rather have a large non turbo 8v without the worries that come with super chargers, but that's not an option so going the the V6 like most. I prefer to put as little strain on the most expensive component to replace than push it to the limit. Ford knows like jeep few of these will end up on the trail and those that do most the owners are choosing V6. No one ever complains about having to much power and resale value of V6 over the 4 banger will probably pay for it's self in the end. It's a shame the die hard manual drivers have no options this year.
Don't hear any complaints from the Ranger guys off roading. And the same argument you just made for the 2.3 and it's turbo for off roading could be said about the 2.7. And with the 2.7 you have 2 turbos too worry about instead of one!! You do realize these aren't the turbo set ups from yesteryear. These new turbo engines have zero lag and are entirely different animal then the old turbo engines. Ford beat the balls off of these Broncos with the 2.3 Manual in the Badlands at Rubicon trail, King of the Hammers and a million other places. They also put them through rigorous torcher tests. If Ford thought the 2.3 Ecoboost was not good for off roading there's no way they would be installing it in their Flagship off road vehicle that they have everything riding on.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m getting a Bronco because of the manual transmission. If the new Bronco was auto transmission only, I would not buy it.

If the 2.7 was available with the manual I would upgrade to that, but it isn’t. But I am not concerned, the 2.3 will be perfectly adequate for my needs.

This will be my 4th Bronco and my 2.3 will be by far the most powerful. I have also owned 3 Ford Mustangs in my time, a 1966 with a 289 and 3MT, a 1971 BOSS 351 with a 4MT, and a 1986 GT with a 5.0 and a 5MT. This 2.3 will be more powerful than all of those. I’m really looking forward to my new Bronco.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No lol. I’m saying I can’t wait till people get their Broncos and think they’re fast. Any engine.
I think a tuned 2-door 2.7 Bronco in 4A might give your scat pack a run for its money! 🤓

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think a tuned 2-door 2.7 Bronco in 4A might give your scat pack a run for its money! 🤓
🤔 still heavier and less aerodynamic lol. Bring it on!
Sponsored