Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No lol. I’m saying I can’t wait till people get their Broncos and think they’re fast. Any engine.
My first performance car 15 years ago was a mk5 VW Golf GTI, a legitimately fast and sporty car. at the time, it was rated to do 0-60 in about 6.5 or 6.8 seconds, if I remember right.

The current generation Ford Ranger, (which is just about a like for like on engine torque and vehicle weight) with the 2.3T, is rated to make 0-60 in 6.1 seconds. That is fast, by nearly any standard. And in fact, is nearly a second and a half faster to 60 than a Ferrari 308GTSi. Magnum PI's car.

Should bronco people be drag racing at stoplights? prolly not, but they'll still be a lot quicker than people think
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first performance car 15 years ago was a mk5 VW Golf GTI, a legitimately fast and sporty car. at the time, it was rated to do 0-60 in about 6.5 or 6.8 seconds, if I remember right.

The current generation Ford Ranger, (which is just about a like for like on engine torque and vehicle weight) with the 2.3T, is rated to make 0-60 in 6.1 seconds. That is fast, by nearly any standard. And in fact, is nearly a second and a half faster to 60 than a Ferrari 308GTSi. Magnum PI's car.

Should bronco people be drag racing at stoplights? prolly not, but they'll still be a lot quicker than people think
Im not saying they’re slow lol. I’m saying I can’t wait till someone pulls up next to me and thinks they’re fast. I drive a Challenger and 2 camaros before that, I’ve had a sports car for 9 years straight. Every Kia, Honda, Toyota and so on thinks they’re fast and I take joy in beating them when they pull up next to me in a lane that ends like they’re going to pass me.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im not saying they’re slow lol. I’m saying I can’t wait till someone pulls up next to me and thinks they’re fast. I drive a Challenger and 2 camaros before that, I’ve had a sports car for 9 years straight. Every Kia, Honda, Toyota and so on thinks they’re fast and I take joy in beating them when they pull up next to me in a lane that ends like they’re going to pass me.
Take the race off road and see what happens. Lol..

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered 2.7L because never in my life, saw a car enthusiast who bought the smaller engine and was happy with it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well yeah, Chevy engines :rolleyes:

Seriously though, we've been in a hp war for awhile. When you have a 300 hp Camry to run the kids to school everything else has to step it's game up.
Here's some Ford Bronco V8s for ya.

20210116_094519.jpg

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't hear any complaints from the Ranger guys off roading. And the same argument you just made for the 2.3 and it's turbo for off roading could be said about the 2.7. And with the 2.7 you have 2 turbos too worry about instead of one!! You do realize these aren't the turbo set ups from yesteryear. These new turbo engines have zero lag and are entirely different animal then the old turbo engines. Ford beat the balls off of these Broncos with the 2.3 Manual in the Badlands at Rubicon trail, King of the Hammers and a million other places. They also put them through rigorous torcher tests. If Ford thought the 2.3 Ecoboost was not good for off reading there's no way they would be installing it in their Flagship off road vehicle that they have everything riding on.
Ford is very capable of mistakes
1. price and built was up live for 4 months before they corrected all the errors.
2. turning an icon into the ugliest EV on the planet (mustang) after year one sales will tank
3 Type R
4. still looking for all those bag air bags -new recall.
The list could go on and on. I know the V6 is turbo , but doesn't have the reputation as running as hot as the 2.3 . Everyone has the choice to make and most are will to pay to upgrade to the 2.7 those wanting to drive around town will be more than fine with the 2.3

Rizz512

Base
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do the same to heavy ass challengers that think they are fast... 🙃

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is very capable of mistakes
1. price and built was up live for 4 months before they corrected all the errors.
2. turning an icon into the ugliest EV on the planet (mustang) after year one sales will tank
3 Type R
4. still looking for all those bag air bags -new recall.
The list could go on and on. I know the V6 is turbo , but doesn't have the reputation as running as hot as the 2.3 . Everyone has the choice to make and most are will to pay to upgrade to the 2.7 those wanting to drive around town will be more than fine with the 2.3
Never heard of any heat issues with the 2.3. Don't hear any of the Ranger guys complaining. Do you have any proof of this? Links?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh, nevermind then, I thought you said you had fast cars.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Offroading actually doesn't have a take a whole lot of power. I have more than I need with a 200hp 302 in my Ranger. It just toys with the truck.

On the highway with a 800lb+ slide in pop up camper in the back squarely hanging out everywhere... Set the cruise at 5 over and let 'er have at it, it barks a little more on a hill but it takes it in stride.

2.3 has a lot more hp but similar torque coming on much sooner... Eh, whatever I have now off idle seems to be enough without the borderline rediculous gearing the Bronco has.

The darn 2.3 on paper should outdo my V8 F-150. There is room for a fudge factor on that as I will never be hauling fertilizer carts, tractors and whatever else with the Bronco like the '150 has faithfully done for 15+ years. It can't be heavier empty... so yeah, we passed on the 2.7. $2k would buy a lot of gas to have fun with the Bronco.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never heard of any heat issues with the 2.3. Don't hear any of the Ranger guys complaining. Do you have any proof of this? Links?
look up ford 2.3l engine problems several things some up engines seems to be solid for every day use but gets hot in performance situations, which most will never incur, but if your really going to of road and will be going up a mountain for a few hours you might want to review some of the articles on line. just google search

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
look up ford 2.3l engine problems several things some up engines seems to be solid for every day use but gets hot in performance situations, which most will never incur, but if your really going to of road and will be going up a mountain for a few hours you might want to review some of the articles on line. just google search
They had problems keeping the ranger cool, in a perfect world basically the grille opening is too small. Globally the ranger usually has a diesel with a belt drive fan... And that is what they had to run on the 2.3 in the Ranger.

Never heard of overheating problems in a production Ranger and they have been in mountains and/or towing for going on two years now.
Sponsored