Sponsored

Anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco?

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will absolutely ceramic coat mine. But if you think ceramic will protect from scratches it simply won't it helps against micro scratches and swirl marks from say a brushed car wash. But against trail rash pinstriping it won't stop anything.

The real benefit is it is soooooo much easier to get a vehicle clean that has ceramic coating. The dingy film comes clean much easier, and less water spots due to the water shedding off easier.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never done a ceramic coating before, but plan to do it myself for the Bronco as soon as I get it home.

If you guys haven't seen it, this guy on YouTube does long term tests of ceramic and graphene coatings. It is interesting how soon some fail, and how long others last. I think I'll go with CQuartz UK.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
PPF and Ceramic... but a friend owns a detail shop/film supplier

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be applied to all detailed surfaces as well? i.e. MIC top, fender flares, etc. or only the body paint?

Sponsored

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ceramic coatings are a great way to protect your paint. I have used them on my other vehicles and prefer them to wax. It’s a ton of work but once you’re done nothing beats it. There are so many options out there. I think I’m going to apply adams graphene coating. The reviews look amazing.
save your money. adams graphene sucks. i rather use the new turtle wax hybrid pro solutions instead of adams. the adams does not live up to the hype. at 40-70 for the adams graphne vs. 20ish for the tw hybrid pro solutions. here is your comparison as well.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it be applied to all detailed surfaces as well? i.e. MIC top, fender flares, etc. or only the body paint?
You can. Most brands have different products for different surfaces. Paint, plastic, glass, etc.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm a complete novice when it comes to this stuff. How's up keep? Any change to how to wash/frequency?

Sponsored

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i currently used the turtle wax seal and shine and allowed it to cure for a week then used the tw graphne as a rinse aid wax in my last was on the wifes white sienna. man slick hydrophobic properties on it were incredible. much easier to dry as well.

the 4runner i did a dry application of the TW graphne spray wax and after it was applied the paint was really smooth and slick to the touch more so as i would buff it into the paint. but what really sold me was the fact that it rained hard for us here on monday the 4runner sits out side in the elements all day. the watter beading and hydropobicity was incredible, and even after the water dried up after the rain the paint on the 4runner still feels smooth and not grainy like there are deposits sitting on the vehicle after.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
save your money. adams graphene sucks. i rather use the new turtle wax hybrid pro solutions instead of adams. the adams does not live up to the hype. at 40-70 for the adams graphne vs. 20ish for the tw hybrid pro solutions. here is your comparison as well.

Interesting video:

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am pretty sure I will have CQuarts ceramic coat put on my Bronco, had it done to my Grandsport and my Corvette before that.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco? I'm going with that over PPF and wanted to know how folks think it will stand up to trail abuse.
Ceramic coating is not going to do diddly squat against "trail abuse."
Sponsored