Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it was in an email sent to all the Ford dealers from Bronco@
They should have sent it to Ford Customer Relations then because I read it out loud to them and they had never heard of any of it.

And you can basically see it in this thread, right? They're not "changing orders back to reservations" they're making people create totally new reservations and pay in another deposit.

People create a new reservation with a different dealer, what's stopping the new dealer from doing the exact same thing the first dealer did?
Sponsored

schlumpj

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They should have sent it to Ford Customer Relations then because I read it out loud to them and they had never heard of any of it.

And you can basically see it in this thread, right? They're not "changing orders back to reservations" they're making people create totally new reservations and pay in another deposit.

People create a new reservation with a different dealer, what's stopping the new dealer from doing the exact same thing the first dealer did?
Make sure you know the new dealer you are switching to. Have a conversation with them first.

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda defeats the purpose of an online reservation system, doesn't it?

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

i sympathize with your frustration with this...Ford wasnt prepared for it...

the CRC# u call is different than the Bronco@ people...

i have had success with new res and transfer of the timestamp from old res to new res...

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i sympathize with your frustration with this...Ford wasnt prepared for it...

the CRC# u call is different than the Bronco@ people...

i have had success with new res and transfer of the timestamp from old res to new res...
I'm not giving them more money at this point. Fool me once, etc. Yeah, it's a hundred bucks, big deal, but it's the principle.

Sponsored

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to my (now numerous) conversations with Ford customer service they cannot and will not cancel the old reservation/order which means you need to contact the dealership so if the dealership (which already converted your order without your consent) decided they don't want to cancel it and don't want to give you back your $100 then that is your problem and Ford Corporate doesn't care.
When I was called last week by Amanda she stated my original reservation would eventually be cancelled by Ford (not dealer) and my deposit would be refunded. I was not given an ETA for this to happen.

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was called last week by Amanda she stated my original reservation would eventually be cancelled by Ford (not dealer) and my deposit would be refunded. I was not given an ETA for this to happen.
Good luck. That's not what I was told by three different Ford people today.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda defeats the purpose of an online reservation system, doesn't it?
"See ya know how to take the reservation, ya just don't know how to HOLD the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation. Anybody can just take 'em!"

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"See ya know how to take the reservation, ya just don't know how to HOLD the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation. Anybody can just take 'em!"
Great episode :)

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was given the exact same story from Amanda

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you speaking to the Bronco team? (and not the regular Customer Service team?)

1-800-334-4375

The reason why they are "making people create a new reservation" is because the Ford system was never designed to handle this type of issue. We spend months here waiting for Ford corporate to figure out how to handle this, and the solution the eventually came up with was for people to make a new reservation, and then they would manually go into the database and change the reservation timestamp to equal whatever the initial reservation was. That's time consuming and cumbersome.

Once Ford figured out this solution we've seen people get their issues resolved pretty quick.

What's preventing the new dealer from doing the same things is a couple things:

1. People should have communicated with the new dealer first so they know what they're getting into.

2. If you don't want your new dealer to place an order for you, then why would you be reserving with them in the first place? (Bronco orders can be modified for quite some time, so even if your new dealer converted before you talked to them, they can still change it to be what you want.)

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you speaking to the Bronco team? (and not the regular Customer Service team?)

1-800-334-4375

The reason why they are "making people create a new reservation" is because the Ford system was never designed to handle this type of issue. We spend months here waiting for Ford corporate to figure out how to handle this, and the solution the eventually came up with was for people to make a new reservation, and then they would manually go into the database and change the reservation timestamp to equal whatever the initial reservation was. That's time consuming and cumbersome.

Once Ford figured out this solution we've seen people get their issues resolved pretty quick.

What's preventing the new dealer from doing the same things is a couple things:

1. People should have communicated with the new dealer first so they know what they're getting into.

2. If you don't want your new dealer to place an order for you, then why would you be reserving with them in the first place? (Bronco orders can be modified for quite some time, so even if your new dealer converted before you talked to them, they can still change it to be what you want.)
I've spoken to both teams/numbers and gotten the same story from both.

There's actually nothing preventing the new dealer from doing the same thing. Sure, you'd think they wouldn't screw you after they talked to you but you'd also think the first dealers weren't going to screw everyone over either, wouldn't you?

The point is I'm not sure I WANT a new reservation at this point.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've spoken to both teams/numbers and gotten the same story from both.

There's actually nothing preventing the new dealer from doing the same thing. Sure, you'd think they wouldn't screw you after they talked to you but you'd also think the first dealers weren't going to screw everyone over either, wouldn't you?

The point is I'm not sure I WANT a new reservation at this point.
How would the new dealer screw you?

Pick a dealer you want to work with. Make a reservation with them. Order your bronco through them. Pay them for your Bronco. Drive home in your Bronco.

If you want a list of dealers that people trust to place their order correctly, the forum will be happy to provide.

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How would the new dealer screw you?
The same way the old one did?

Again, the point is I'm not sure I WANT a new reservation at this point. I'm not feeling super warm and fuzzy about Ford designing a system that's easily gamed by their dealerships and then taking zero responsibility for when those dealerships game the system.

Ford literally told me today "If the dealership wants to keep your deposit and not order the vehicle you wanted there's nothing we can do about it" despite the fact that it's their reservation and ordering system that made this possible. I guess you're cool with that, I'm not.
Sponsored