Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should change their disclaimer from "You can cancel your reservation anytime. Your deposit will be credited back to you in your original form of payment. "

to

"You can cancel your reservation anytime before the dealership converts your reservation to an order without your consent, after that you're boned."
Sponsored

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE!! My reservation shows as cancelled on Ford.com now. I just got off the phone with someone at Ford, she had me make a new reservation and is working on linking it to my original timestamp now.

I should be able to complete my new reservation into an order with Granger in time. Mad props to Ford for taking care of things!

Who did you call at Ford?
I'm now dealing with the same issue. The dealer I tied my reservation to placed an order apparently back on March 5th even though I've not met with them yet. They couldn't explain to me what happened. Now I just tried working out the details to order with them but they are trying to charge me well over MSRP. I told them I want a better deal or I'll switch. They called me back a few minutes later and said the manager has cancelled my order...
Am I going to lose my reservation spot over this? I'm livid right now!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm now dealing with the same issue. The dealer I tied my reservation to placed an order apparently back on March 5th even though I've not met with them yet. They couldn't explain to me what happened. Now I just tried working out the details to order with them but they are trying to charge me well over MSRP. I told them I want a better deal or I'll switch. They called me back a few minutes later and said the manager has cancelled my order...
No. You’re okay.

Call the Ford Bronco customer service number.

800-334-4375

Explain what happened and that your dealer cancelled your order without consent after they converted your order without consent and wouldn’t work with you. They will likely have you make a new reservation someplace else, and they will take your new reservation and edit the timestamp to reflect your old cancelled one.

At least one other person here had the same thing happen to them as happened to you.

Work with cooperate. It’s in their best interest to get you sorted, you just have to be patient with them because everything has to be done manually in the database on their end and they’re surely swamped right now. Good news is with every day that goes by they get better and more efficient at make these situations right.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can fix this, but act quick! See the FAQ.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-to-order-dealer-faq-as-of-january-29.12091/

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From everything Ford told me you won't lose your spot. I asked her worst case scenario and she said there wasn't one - you'll keep your first reservation timestamp, the timestamp is ALL that matters.

I don't recall who I spoke with - it was a different girl each time I called. Both very helpful FWIW.

Swamp Yankee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so this happened to me, too! I had a July reservation with Evergreen Ford in Washington (local to me) and had made a second one with Granger on Oct 1. Got an email from Ford congratulating me on my “order” with Evergreen that I never made. Asked them WTF and the salesman said, “oh, we did that so you wouldn’t lose the reservation.” I’m thinking, you mean so YOU don’t lose the reservation.

Anyway, easy solution, I went ahead right away with Granger, I can wait some more time. Will cancel the first one ASAP. It’s just a night and day difference between dealers out there. Sheesh.

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not giving them more money at this point. Fool me once, etc. Yeah, it's a hundred bucks, big deal, but it's the principle.
You'll be refunded the $100 for the first reservation as it will be cancelled. You get new reservation with original time stamp.

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same way the old one did?

Again, the point is I'm not sure I WANT a new reservation at this point. I'm not feeling super warm and fuzzy about Ford designing a system that's easily gamed by their dealerships and then taking zero responsibility for when those dealerships game the system.

Ford literally told me today "If the dealership wants to keep your deposit and not order the vehicle you wanted there's nothing we can do about it" despite the fact that it's their reservation and ordering system that made this possible. I guess you're cool with that, I'm not.
I think you should do what you can to cancel your reservation and get back your $100. Forget about getting a Bronco until they hit the dealerships for retail sales in 2 or 3 years. You don't sound interested in standing up for yourself, just want to complain or have someone else do it.

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so this happened to me, too! I had a July reservation with Evergreen Ford in Washington (local to me) and had made a second one with Granger on Oct 1. Got an email from Ford congratulating me on my “order” with Evergreen that I never made. Asked them WTF and the salesman said, “oh, we did that so you wouldn’t lose the reservation.” I’m thinking, you mean so YOU don’t lose the reservation.

Anyway, easy solution, I went ahead right away with Granger, I can wait some more time. Will cancel the first one ASAP. It’s just a night and day difference between dealers out there. Sheesh.
You should call Ford bronco customer service, they will cancel the order the dealer put in without your consent and you can get them to timestamp the second order with your original timestamp.

I spent about 20 min on hold but once I made it through it was quick and painless.

Sponsored

Swamp Yankee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Land Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should call Ford bronco customer service, they will cancel the order the dealer put in without your consent and you can get them to timestamp the second order with your original timestamp.

I spent about 20 min on hold but once I made it through it was quick and painless.
That’s a good suggestion. Honestly, I kind of don’t mind being pushed out a bit in time, I hope they will reveal the option of deleting the rear seat back carpet for 2022. That is the single thing I don’t like on this vehicle (other than I would love a 2.7 MT, but not complaining).

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The same way the old one did?

Again, the point is I'm not sure I WANT a new reservation at this point. I'm not feeling super warm and fuzzy about Ford designing a system that's easily gamed by their dealerships and then taking zero responsibility for when those dealerships game the system.

Ford literally told me today "If the dealership wants to keep your deposit and not order the vehicle you wanted there's nothing we can do about it" despite the fact that it's their reservation and ordering system that made this possible. I guess you're cool with that, I'm not.
I had this issue and fixed it today. Here's what I did based on what I read on this forum and help from members of this forum. Don't let the dealers get away with this. I had a great experience working with Ford Bronco support today so make sure you're calling the correct number.

Here's my post stepping you through the process.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dfw-texas-bronco-bronco-sport-buyers-beware.13981/

Good Luck!

HarrySiii

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can add me to that list...and to make matters worse, he converted it to a MY22.

Luna13s

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any body still waiting for time stamp conversion? I’m on day 9 waiting. My order is in, just would feel a lot more comfortable seeing that time stamp change.

Ctown Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The difference is this: It's in the order banks NOW.

If the order is redacted, it's canceled, it takes it out of the banks and out of reservation time stamp.

If he wanted to place his order in March, for any reason, it would still be time stamped. He wouldn't lose his place in line.

The dealership has made it impossible for him to change dealerships, and they have effectively stolen his order out from under him if he decides he doesn't want to do business with them.
I had the same experience with a dealership (Stoneham Ford- Awful people). I had to spend hours on the phone to make a new order and then switch the time stamp to the new order. Some dealerships were so shady.
Sponsored