Badlands

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would imagine that, like most dealers today, Granger's folks are all heads down trying to maximize order conversions on this final day for initial allocation projection. I'd expect that once they have a chance to take a breath they will probably put out a note here regarding this with a process to update our orders with headliner option if we want it. Since we typically have up until a VIN is assigned to make changes to our order(s) there shouldn't be any hurry to get this done.

Yes, it's a headliner but not just on the MIC but on any HT. The difference is that it is now going to be no-cost standard on the modular and optional (also no-cost) on the MIC with MGV.

Define "easily" removable. It may be done with 2-way tape in which case it's relatively easily removable or it may be glued in in which case removal may not be so straightforward (or may require a fair amount of effort to clean up the HT after removal).

I plan on adding this to my BL MGV but will wait until Granger comments on this.

Edited to clarify optional on MIC with MGV interior.
So since I don’t know much about it. Will these be a decent option? Or worth paying for hotheads?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too many posts to read, so maybe this has been said.

The reason they are free now?...my theory

The roof has changed in a way that these will not fit MY22. They have more than they need so they included it so as to not be stuck with extra inventory.

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm, I was going to with Hot Heads liner anyway

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A tremendous cost for Ford to absorb; had to be a contentious decision. Unless you've made an odd pricing deal, this is a big win for us.
If installing on the assembly line slows things down, that can get costly pretty fast. Even if were only 3-4 less vehicles per day, that adds up to a lot of lost profit. Cheaper in the long run to send the headliners to Webasto and pay them $1.50 to install them while building the tops.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If installing on the assembly line slows things down, that can get costly pretty fast. Even if were only 3-4 less vehicles per day, that adds up to a lot of lost profit. Cheaper in the long run to send the headliners to Webasto and pay them $1.50 to install them while building the tops.
Or have them install them for FREE, as compensation for unknown issues that may be occurring there.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am quite pleased with this change. Hopefully the base MSRP doesn't change either ;)

Kinda cool that Ford even thought about the wash-out interior folks and isn't going to force this update on them. Personally, I'll be electing for the free upgrade on my BD build, though.

I'm curious to see if they come out with a statement clarifying why the move (namely the free move). E.g., was it that bad without that they thought it prudent to include as a base option? I see they did it for noise and looks, but that was always the reason to add it... I'm mainly interested in why it's a freebee now. I'm not complaining though, for sure!

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model