Sponsored

Ford those Buying for Granger. What is your plans after pick up. Tell us your itinerary.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@McBadlands posted a thread like this for those buying from Chapman Ford, and I thought it would be a great idea for those of us buying from Granger. So is you are so inclined post up your ideas after picking up your Bronco at Grangers. There could be some great ideas for those of us driving to Granger. I'll start.

Since retirement the wife, and I have been trying to see as much of our great country as possible. We have taken a long road trip every year (except 2020 of course), and are planning the same for our Bronco after pickup. We will leave North Carolina, and are planning a 3 day trip to Granger seeing things along the way. After leaving Granger we will head back to Des Moines, and head further west on I-80. As soon as possible we will leave I-80, and hit the old roads (as much as possible) heading west to Cheyenne. From Cheyenne we'll take 85 to Deadwood. See the sites around Deadwood/Rapid City then head west on I-90, again taking the old roads as much as possible to Sioux Falls, then south on I-29 to Kansas City. We're still in the planning stages from Kansas City. I expect I can get in front of the break-in miles somewhere along the line. :)

@Granger Ford @Zach@Granger
Sponsored

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@McBadlands posted a thread like this for those buying from Chapman Ford, and I thought it would be a great idea for those of us buying from Granger. So is you are so inclined post up your ideas after picking up your Bronco at Grangers. There could be some great ideas for those of us driving to Granger. I'll start.

Since retirement the wife, and I have been trying to see as much of our great country as possible. We have taken a long road trip every year (except 2020 of course), and are planning the same for our Bronco after pickup. We will leave North Carolina, and are planning a 3 day trip to Granger seeing things along the way. After leaving Granger we will head back to Des Moines, and head further west on I-80. As soon as possible we will leave I-80, and hit the old roads (as much as possible) heading west to Cheyenne. From Cheyenne we'll take 85 to Deadwood. See the sites around Deadwood/Rapid City then head west on I-90, again taking the old roads as much as possible to Sioux Falls, then south on I-29 to Kansas City. We're still in the planning stages from Kansas City. I expect I can get in front of the break-in miles somewhere along the line. :)
Since I'm "local" and just driving back to Chicago my itinerary is understandably relatively small in scope. My focus will be on food items unique (or at least featured prominently) to Iowa - the breaded pork tenderloin sandwich and Quad Cities Pizza. Hoping to fly in to Des Moines in the morning and leave Granger in the lunch-ish timeframe so I can hit up one of the stops on the Tenderloin Trail (there's 3 nearby to Des Moines) before taking up the run for the border to Illinois.
Once I'm at the border I'll stop for a Quad Cities pizza (or Quad City, debate amongst yourselves), deliberately over-ordering so I have plenty of leftovers to bring home to the spousal unit (note that similar strategy will have been employed for the tenderloin as well).

Prior to leaving I'll request they fill my trusty Stanley thermos with coffee to help out with the remaining ~3 hours home. Oh, and prior to crossing the border I'll make a point of filling up the tank to take advantage of that 40% lower gas tax rate in IA compared to IL.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since I'm "local" and just driving back to Chicago my itinerary is understandably relatively small in scope. My focus will be on food items unique (or at least featured prominently) to Iowa - the breaded pork tenderloin sandwich and Quad Cities Pizza. Hoping to fly in to Des Moines in the morning and leave Granger in the lunch-ish timeframe so I can hit up one of the stops on the Tenderloin Trail (there's 3 nearby to Des Moines) before taking up the run for the border to Illinois.
Once I'm at the border I'll stop for a Quad Cities pizza (or Quad City, debate amongst yourselves), deliberately over-ordering so I have plenty of leftovers to bring home to the spousal unit (note that similar strategy will have been employed for the tenderloin as well).

Prior to leaving I'll request they fill my trusty Stanley thermos with coffee to help out with the remaining ~3 hours home. Oh, and prior to crossing the border I'll make a point of filling up the tank to take advantage of that 40% lower gas tax rate in IA compared to IL.
Bring yourself back some Hurts Donuts. IA side of IA/IL border.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're in Kansas City so it's not a bad drive up there for us. I'm from Iowa originally so may stop and see some family that's still up there. Itinerary will depend on when it comes in. If it's warmer may head up into the Dakotas and see the Badlands in our Badlands. If it's cooler we may swing down south of KC to the Ozarks before coming back home. My first major road trip will be out to the Southwest. I've never been to the Arizona/New Mexico area and really want to see it.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would suggest you consider heading north on 35 after leaving Granger, then taking 90W to Rapid City. Badlands National Park is on the way and breathtakingly beautiful if you've never been. After leaving RC, a couple hours to the west as I recall is Devil's Tower, some nice easy walking trails around it, then continuing on your journey. Season dependant of course.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Maid Rite loose meat sandwiches are not everyone's favorite, but if feeling food adventurous I would recommend one. (Failing that, they make a tremendously tasty pork tenderloin sandwich

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are coming from Bama lol we still haven't came up with a plan on the way back yet

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would suggest you consider heading north on 35 after leaving Granger, then taking 90W to Rapid City. Badlands National Park is on the way and breathtakingly beautiful if you've never been. After leaving RC, a couple hours to the west as I recall is Devil's Tower, some nice easy walking trails around it, then continuing on your journey. Season dependant of course.
Thanks, good advice, but I've been through that area on my bagger and for this specific trip my emphasis is on just getting home with my new ride with some select scarfing along the way.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Depends on delivery date. Winter I might just pay to have it delivered or drive straight shot but stop with family in TN. If it's warm I'd like to take a week and explore what's in the area, once I get closer I'll plan it out.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maid Rite loose meat sandwiches are not everyone's favorite, but if feeling food adventurous I would recommend one. (Failing that, they make a tremendously tasty pork tenderloin sandwich
Yeah, Maid Rite is good stuff, too. Just one stomach and ~ half a day so pacing is key. 👍

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be picking up the Bronco then heading back to Montana. I'll be driving my Badlands to Badlands National Park, Deadwood, Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Devil's Tower on the way (or round about way). But, first I'll get some Chic-fa-lay! I might even check out the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD and definitely get a 10c cup of coffee at Wall Drug!

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plan A is to use frequent flyer miles to fly out to Iowa. Take a leisurely 1000 mile drive home through the Badlands NP, Devils Tower and the home to western Wyoming. May even drive some other back roads on the way home so if you have any suggestions I am all 👂👂

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm coming from central Indiana. I'll hopefully have a 10 day backpacking trip scheduled in Glacier National Park or Wind River Range in August or September...hoping to pick up my new FE from Granger on the way out or way back. If it's not ready yet, I'll make another trip out and maybe hit up Badlands National Park or something like that after I pick it up.

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driving from Denver with my tradein. After that I'll be looking locally for paint protection film for the front end(hood,fenders). This is all dependant on when I'll be taking delivery. I'll need to take off work and I have to give notice. If im stringing together extra days it'll be in and out. I might stop by a buddys place in Iowa if time permits; he's a mustang guy.
Sponsored