Sponsored

Fuel economy - What will you be happy with?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

99-04 Lightning? I think Ford has missed an opportunity to bring back a similar vehicle. With the massive power numbers they have reached with the eco boost they could make something that really performs. I always liked those trucks.
The 99 wasn’t as much of a brick as the 95 but gas mileage wasn’t any better. No ECO modes on these.

Ford Bronco Fuel economy - What will you be happy with? CB15E07E-7EB6-4356-BA78-85AB1A56D5EC
Sponsored

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Many of you really really need to look up the EPA rating of the Ranger Tremor.

I'll save a little time, its 19.

19 highway 19 city.

If you think a boxier shaped, bigger engine, bigger tires, heavier vehicle like anything with a 2.7 and SAS is going to do better, I would sincerely like to know how.

The Ranger Tremor was the biggest bubble burst for me; I was really hoping to see 20+ on the highway. Now I know there's not a chance even with a non-sas Badlands 2.7.

I've learned to make peace with that.

"">via GIPHY</a></p>
Yea, when I saw the EPA ratings for the Ranger Tremor, it was a massive wakeup call for me. Considering the 19 highway/19 city is with the 2.3L ecoboost engine AND the Ranger is 660 lighter than the 4 dour automatic Bronco.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the EPA is going to be especially tough on cars with low fuel efficiency not just because of change in administration but also because of the EV trend.

If the Warthog were to be an EV then would wait for it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully at least 23mpg avg., should be comparable (prob less weight)to a 2.7l f-150 4wd.
No kidding!!! That would be awesome, considering my Outback has a lifetime avg of 25.4 at fuelly.com. I logged damn near EVERY tank for 4 years and nearly 100kmi.

I was going to say , I would consider 20 as GREAT mileage on my base Base after I add 33's. Not sure if that is realistic or not.
I just hope I don't go back to the days of 16 mpg again....

(Edit: after reading all the replys thus far....might be rolling back on those 33's a bit, LOL !) Gives a good reason to hold off on getting larger tires for a few months and log the mileage to get a good before/after.

Last edited:

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My completely stock 2018 f150 with the 3.5 gets 18 combined. It matches EPA ratings exactly but I also drive like a grandma most of the time.

How much you use boost greatly affects mpg on these motors.

I would expect around 20mpg for the 2.7 in the Bronco. Less for badlands and less for for Sasquatch.

Sponsored

Lou

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As long as it is better then my 07 Tundra I will be happy. I get around 16 mpg. If it gets the same or worse then that beast of a V8 I will be very disappointed. I would really like 18-20.
I have 2018 Tundra and it gets 16 mpg so not much has changed there lol, so anything above that I'm happy.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I drive a lifted Superduty 6.2l and a shyttrac 4.0l,anything would get better milage.my SD milage is stations per mile when towing 🤪 🤪

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hoping for 18 or so, 20 would be nice on the highway.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly don't care, although I feel irresponsible saying that, but it's true.

I'm grabbing the 2.7 and when I go camp, it'll be dragging an extra 300lbs give or take I'd reckon easily not including my fat ass (not really, but not skinny) and whoever I have with me.

Gear and all said, what's more important to me than MPG, is the actual gas itself: regular. I've been driving cars that only take premium for so damn long I'm really just tired of it.

Running regular under normal circumstances, then maybe plus when loaded or on a trip will be great. If I can muster more than 15 hwy, that's a win and I think it's doable.

Y'all don't even want to know the report I filed to be published at work a little over a week ago on crude futures and fuel price prediction analysis: 3 year, 5 year, 8 year.

Basically, If my team and I are correct, gasoline will get very pricey in 6-8 years. I'm not even fully confident it'll take even that long, but I can't produce enough evidence. This is for investors, so consumer pricing will be a little different, but the outlook isn't cheap. Sorry about that, but it's true.

On another interesting note, synthetic fuel research is reaching breakthrough status, but energy output is still tricky. Basically the synthetic is too potent and has a burn rate (early combustion or detonation) that is too fast, so it isn't efficient for consumer application although it burns rather clean; think ethanol without the actual sugar. Motorsports will likely begin serious testing within 2 years, but the research and production curve may be too slow to effect divestiture of ICE engineering.

Anyway, it's speculation and no one really knows, but even the synthetic fuel will cost a lot to offset the billions in R&D unless highly subsidized. We shall see how that goes.

Sorry to nerd out for a moment... 😌

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I honestly don't care, although I feel irresponsible saying that, but it's true.

Me neither.

Gear and all said, what's more important to me than MPG, is the actual gas itself: regular. I've been driving cars that only take premium for so damn long I'm really just tired of it.

THIS!!!

Y'all don't even want to know the report I filed to be published at work a little over a week ago on crude futures and fuel price prediction analysis: 3 year, 5 year, 8 year.

Basically, If my team and I are correct, gasoline will get very pricey in 6-8 years. I'm not even fully confident it'll take even that long, but I can't produce enough evidence. This is for investors, so consumer pricing will be a little different, but the outlook isn't cheap. Sorry about that, but it's true.

So invest in crude oil now?

On another interesting note, synthetic fuel research is reaching breakthrough status, but energy output is still tricky. Basically the synthetic is too potent and has a burn rate (early combustion or detonation) that is too fast, so it isn't efficient for consumer application although it burns rather clean; think ethanol without the actual sugar. Motorsports will likely begin serious testing within 2 years, but the research and production curve may be too slow to effect divestiture of ICE engineering.

Anyway, it's speculation and no one really knows, but even the synthetic fuel will cost a lot to offset the billions in R&D unless highly subsidized. We shall see how that goes.

Sorry to nerd out for a moment... 😌

Keep nerding out... I can't wait to see what happens with synthetic fuels.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be disappointed if it was the same as the wrangler. hoping for 23+ highway at least with eco mode.

Looked like the ***** admin thinks the best way to get people to buy electric cars is at gunpoint by making gas unobtainable

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I get get 20 mpg combined running the Sasquatch with 35s you can slap my ass and call me Susie.
Ford Bronco Fuel economy - What will you be happy with? tumblr_meqnw5gxjJ1qg36wmo1_250
Sponsored