First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know why I'm surprised by the estimated MPG but it looks like I won't be dailying it :(

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5320 lbs?! That seems high. For reference, here are the weights of three 4x4s I own:

2707 lbs - Jeep CJ-7
2953 lbs - Land Rover Series III 88
3092 lbs - Jeep TJ

If the 2-door Bronco weight is also close to 5000 lbs, that is nearly 2000 lbs more than my current 4x4s!
* The ride and drive of the SQ was better IMO than any Jeep I have been in stock or modified, by a long shot, with the SQ package. Assume the BL non SQ and other trims and less aggressive tires will be even better.
Ford is notorious for weight gain. The high end of this could include SQ, but it's a thick beast.

Ford Bronco 3.20 Varsity Ford Dealer Event - Photos, Questions and First Impressions 1616429216001

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.

the bronco is not a spectacular failure. It’s just that other manufacturers don’t sell lifted trucks on 35s so something in the mid teens comes as absolute sticker shock. When you make those adjustments aftermarket, that’s what you get. We should be thankful that Ford is offering this straight from the factory. If you want a truer MPG comparison from the factory look to the Raptor. Was that a spectacular failure? Actually, no. Ford can’t sell enough of them and many dealers mark up the hell out of them. You can’t fault the Sasquatch package if it does in fact get 16-17 mpg mixed. The rep said it COULD be as low as 12 in the city, which is online with real world mpg on the raptor.
ford put a "eco"boost engine in their car and is selling it to people who do not know better.

im a person who did not know better.

There are ALOT of people like me who like the look of 35s who have no idea what they just signed a contract for. If ford sticks a 12-15mpg sticker on these cars in early summer when its too late to cancel ford is going to be in a major pile of shit with ALOT of customers.
I’m on the road so I’ll clear this up when I’m back at my desk. For the record, the gentleman did NOT work for the dealer. He was an insider Ford sent from the Bronco team. The 12 mpg comment was in passing about town driving like an idiot. He said the highway MPG was better than people were making it out to be. In regards to the vibration... he was talking about the feeling/noise you can get from M/T tires. It was more a point of... “if you’re coming from a car with street tires then don’t expect the same comfort. But if you have driven trucks with A/T or M/T then you know what you’re getting into.”
its a 10 speed. How do you "drive like an idiot" with a 10 speed

you need to get this cleared up. That comment , if innaccurate , is completely irresponsible.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

im on contract to have one of these built for around 50 thousand dollars so pardon me if i dont give a fuck about your feelings on my posts but i seriously dont.

Im in shock that ford would fuck up this badly. I was expecting not GREAT milage. Not "haha thats hilarious they think its year 2000" bad milage. They had years to figure this out. They knew from the start of the rolling test vehicles what milage to expect and did nothing.

im hoping OP is just a moron and this is all just a mistake or im going to have to cancel. I bought a 2 door with the shitty fuel tank so i would be spending more time at the gas station than on or off road.

Keep in mind that this applies to all armored trims and ALOT of people bought the badlands because of the locked in creature comforts.
You should probably wait for Ford and the EPA to speak on fuel numbers. You’re losing your shit based on a conversation between 2 guys you don’t know talking shop at a Bronco showing at a dealership.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im on contract to have one of these built for around 50 thousand dollars so pardon me if i dont give a fuck about your feelings on my posts but i seriously dont.

Im in shock that ford would fuck up this badly. I was expecting not GREAT milage. Not "haha thats hilarious they think its year 2000" bad milage. They had years to figure this out. They knew from the start of the rolling test vehicles what milage to expect and did nothing.

im hoping OP is just a moron and this is all just a mistake or im going to have to cancel. I bought a 2 door with the shitty fuel tank so i would be spending more time at the gas station than on or off road.

Keep in mind that this applies to all armored trims and ALOT of people bought the badlands because of the locked in creature comforts.
My point is, one guy off handedly low balled an MPG and here you are taking it as gospel and freaking out.

Official numbers haven't even been published yet. Put your order in, and when Ford releases the numbers, and the reviewers start reporting real-world, then freak out, and cancel if you can't live with it.

Of course, a lower MPG is not surprising to any of us that drive vehicles like this already. My Jeep JK with 34" tires and 4.10 rear gets around 14-15mpg generally. I can squeeze out 16+ if I'm Sunday driving.

This is not a "fuck up" by Ford... this is Ford designing a vehicle for a specific job, and as a result, MPG will never be as good as say, a CRV.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m on the road so I’ll clear this up when I’m back at my desk. For the record, the gentleman did NOT work for the dealer. He was an insider Ford sent from the Bronco team. The 12 mpg comment was in passing about town driving like an idiot. He said the highway MPG was better than people were making it out to be. In regards to the vibration... he was talking about the feeling/noise you can get from M/T tires. It was more a point of... “if you’re coming from a car with street tires then don’t expect the same comfort. But if you have driven trucks with A/T or M/T then you know what you’re getting into.”
Thanks for the reply. That does clear things up. I would still be surprised if it doesn’t do a little better than 12mpg. But that makes sense about vibration. I haven’t had a vehicle with less than 33s for a long time. So I’m used to that big tire feel.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should probably wait for Ford and the EPA to speak on fuel numbers. You’re losing your shit based on a conversation between 2 guys you don’t know talking shop at a Bronco showing at a dealership.
I cant wait for the EPA because nobody knows when the hell that is happening. My car either will be built this year or delayed to 22

I have a gun to my head right now because of this "shop talk"

12mpg should only be possible off road up hill for a car that ford has built from the ground up

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm also very interested in what the MPG will be but dear lord every time those three letters are put together this place melts down a bit

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

people want to talk about "hur de dur wut were you expecting" like some idiot boomer. No dude this car was designed from the ground up. If its hitting 12mpg from the factory its a failure of a product.

60+ miles per hour on the highway you are filling up almost exactly every 2 hours.

thats insane and dumb. a electric car is almost as capable
Actually I heard that mpg is closer to 8mpg

and 14mpg highway.

Let’s keep up the internet outrage!!

let’s take a random persons comment out of context and keyboard rage a little more!

yeah!!!

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm also very interested in what the MPG will be but dear lord every time those three letters are put together this place melts down a bit
ya its almost like people are expecting decent gas milage from a vehicle that ford is designing from the ground up to compete with jeep , not to underperform in the most important consumer area.
Sponsored