jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
^^ what are you referring to? The little bin underneath the floor hatch?
Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe this has been brought up already and I'm too dumb to find it... I'm noticing in the back of the 4 door they have a plastic/rubber/not carpet matting. Do we know if the 2 door will have that as well? Everything I think we've seen has been carpeting.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those concerned about the space, please read

The height is way above the competitors since the load floor is dropped and the spare is on the tailgate. And the length of 30" is really 32”. It should include the 2" trim piece which is usable cargo (the tailgate doesnt overlap that trim piece - the OP should include but isnt)....Plus the space over the hump which is another 6" in overall length (granted maybe 4" of that is lost given the slope of the seat back). But all vehicles have a sloped seat back anyway. Dont get me wrong, the load floor is still shallow. But here are the numbers...Not giving credit to the space over the hump, and not giving credit to the wider cargo space towards the top, but also not factoring in the space lost to the protruding latch mechanism

-Usable cargo to the window sill: 32 x 43 x 24 = 19.1 cubic feet
- Usable cargo to the top of the seat back (i.e. loading 3" above the window sill, which still may be fine given you lose some of that visibility anyway with the spare tire poking out above the window) : 32 x 43 x 27 = 21.5 cubic feet

An X5 for example is 40.5 deep x 44 wide x 18.25 tall = 18.82 cubic feet. See how much the Bronco cargo height makes up for cargo volume?

So before you all get sticker shock with the 30" depth being a whopping 10" less than a midsize SUV, know that 30" is really 32", and you also have the length of the hump. Even without giving credit the space over the hump, you still have more cubic feet than an X5 given the Broncos low load floor without a spare/dummy tire. The annoyance is that you need to be smart about how you stack things. Dont forget, there is stow-away space under the rear seats since the rear wheels are pushed so far back. You really dont get that space in 90%+ of other trucks/suvs. Given you need to stack everything up in the Bronco, it will be hard to access certain things on trips, so it’s really nice to have that stowaway space under the rear seats.

Lastly, in situation where you choose to forego any visibility and load the cargo hold to the ceiling, you have a perfect box without a sloped rear window. The absolute cargo volume per Ford is 35.6 cubic feet behind the rear seats, which is quite good. Plus the tall seatbacks and headrest design should do a good job of keeping stuff secure.

I ran all these numbers two months ago which ultimately got me comfortable moving to a Sasquatch and foregoing the roof rails for a cargo box.

Last edited:

Bohlmbo

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1966 Mustang, 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^ what are you referring to? The little bin underneath the floor hatch?
Yes.

That's where I currently keep things like a flash light, tow strap, small air compressor, etc in my Wrangler.

Reactions: R11

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes.

That's where I currently keep things like a flash light, tow strap, small air compressor, etc in my Wrangler.
I could almost positively say no. From photos and videos it’s a basic flap with fabric pull handle. The tailgate and locking mechanism don’t overlap any part of the hatch. So you should be able to open it right up with the tailgate closed (locked or not). Unless it snags beneath the latching mechanism but looks like it probably doesn’t

E7B0474C-6D60-4AC2-931F-C01D0352F3F4.jpeg

Reactions: R11

Sponsored

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks @BigMex! Very helpful, I can plan for what camping gear is coming with and what’s going to be left behind now.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now do the 2 door

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2011-current Jeep Grand Cherokee is approximately 39.5 x 42 for comparison.

Ford Bronco 4-Door cargo area dimensions / measurements, finally -- length (depth) & width. Plus molle panel dimensions 20210320_111515

Ford Bronco 4-Door cargo area dimensions / measurements, finally -- length (depth) & width. Plus molle panel dimensions 20210320_111434

Last edited:

Sponsored

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, that’s small!! Small SUV ? How does this compare to Wrangler, Cherokee, 4 runner, etc etc. Anyone know off hand?

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, that’s small!! Small SUV ? How does this compare to Wrangler, Cherokee, 4 runner, etc etc. Anyone know off hand?
Yes an extra 8-9 based on the above midsize is a major difference.

Bronco is not midsize cargo at all. not sure how it compares to others

I guess if floor raised to meet hump behind rear seats you may pickup a few extra inches in depth.

maybe in height it picks up more compared to other midsize SUV’s?

People smarter than me on here would know that.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes an extra 8-9 based on the above midsize is a major difference.

Bronco is not midsize cargo at all. not sure how it compares to others

I guess if floor raised to meet hump behind rear seats you may pickup a few extra inches in depth.

maybe in height it picks up more compared to other midsize SUV’s?

People smarter than me on here would know that.
We all agree it’s not great cargo room. Some say the height of the trucks helps with more room. My guess is it’s a smaller space compared to bronco’s competition.