Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm pretty pissed about it.

The flagship and most expensive model for the Bronco... fail after fail.

I cant believe Ford has fumbled this the way it has, at every available opportunity.
Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well we got screwed. Who else is upset about having to take a MIC top?

3F053929-1E58-403F-B02D-AF3299A2D503.jpeg

F49A34FB-4975-41B6-BF2B-EF014BAD876E.png
iā€™m with you brother. So much for ā€œFirstā€ Edition. I love Ford and respect that they had to do this. But I guess Iā€™m now waiting for 2022. Sorry if I sound like an a-hole, but I was only begrudgingly accepting shadow black painted because body colored tops (or the proper white top) werenā€™t an option. Grey plastic just isnā€™t gonna cut it for me at $65k

TheeBullhead

First Edition
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Crossfire
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well we got screwed. Who else is upset about having to take a MIC top?

3F053929-1E58-403F-B02D-AF3299A2D503.jpeg

F49A34FB-4975-41B6-BF2B-EF014BAD876E.png
Iā€™m actually not upset. I think Iā€™m going to use this as an opportunity to save $6k and go with a Badlands instead of the FE and be able to get the tow package. I hate to give up the FE, but Iā€™m just not excited about it anymore. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll regret it the first time I see one of you out on the road, but Iā€™ll get over it.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good to know that someone is ok. Sounds like you had already moved on before the latest news based on your sig. Did you make your decision based on the late availability news from earlier this year?

I'm pretty pissed about it.

The flagship and most expensive model for the Bronco... fail after fail.

I cant believe Ford has fumbled this the way it has, at every available opportunity.
I am with you on this. My wife is extremely upset. She really likes the mod top features. She is upset enough to drop the whole thing and stick with her 2012 VW Golf R. She was going to get a Lightning blue Bronco 2 door FE. She does not care about the wait just ensuring she gets what she wants. The constant changes as Ford continues to screw this up is giving her an extreme aversion to the brand. She was always a Chevy girl except for her desire to own a bronco. Maybe we will go old school like she always wanted.

iā€™m with you brother. So much for ā€œFirstā€ Edition. I love Ford and respect that they had to do this. But I guess Iā€™m now waiting for 2022. Sorry if I sound like an a-hole, but I was only begrudgingly accepting shadow black painted because body colored tops (or the proper white top) werenā€™t an option. Grey plastic just isnā€™t gonna cut it for me at $65k
My wife always wanted a white top. She may wait. I donā€™t know she is really pissed off. Waiting 2 years from a first night reservation is asking too much. She agrees that a MiC top at that price point is ridiculous.

Iā€™m actually not upset. I think Iā€™m going to use this as an opportunity to save $6k and go with a Badlands instead of the FE and be able to get the tow package. I hate to give up the FE, but Iā€™m just not excited about it anymore. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll regret it the first time I see one of you out on the road, but Iā€™ll get over it.
We are looking at a Badlands as well. Positive is more color choices and MGV interior.

At the end of the day we are probably going to only buy one Bronco now if at all. Going to be a long weekend eating the shit sandwich that Ford provided.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you make your decision based on the late availability news from earlier this year?
I personally was always ok with the MIC when they first made the mod top late availability, so yeah I think todayā€™s news just doesnā€™t affect me. But then theyā€™re throwing $1k in free points and another $495 off MSRP, so in a way it was even good news for me today. But I know thatā€™s not the case for everyone!

Sponsored

BigDog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I guess Iā€™m not as pissed as I thought I would be because Iā€™m probably going to get a nice black after market soft top and use it most of the time. Main concern is will it look funny with the grill, mirrors and fender flares not all matching. Hopefully the MIC to is on the darker side of the gray scale rather than lighter. I work for Ford so I was prepared for more delays but thought they would have enough of the black tops for at least us FE orders. I see more delays coming from the chip shortage though. It just hit my Ford plant and we are the #1 plant in all of Ford.

Last edited:

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With all the bs on and on I may bolt for a defender. Been a Ford true and true person for yrs and was excited about the bronco reincarnation. But with what I'm paying for an fe, I'm getting tired of the delays and the cheapening of it. I'm gonna spend upper 60s yet they keep stripping it etc. At this point a defender is looking better and better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FYI for all you MOD top orders
7693A961-4B5B-4B40-AE37-9ED036D61B6C.png

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Considering the same. When we step back and think "if all of these vehicles were available today and we had 65k to spend, would we pick the FE bronco? tough call, especially when it seems like 22 trim levels and options are much more appealing

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm super pissed off about it to. Let's see, you have gloss black mirrors and grill, satin black fender flairs and a grey top. Talk about dropping the ball geez. If it wasn't for the lightning blue with the black interior I would not hesitate to pull out which was my initial reaction. I'm going to let it sink in over the weekend and make a decision after I cool down.

Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I bleed blue and unfortunately this debacle may make me never buy another Ford.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm super pissed off about it to. Let's see, you have gloss black mirrors and grill, satin black fender flairs and a grey top. Talk about dropping the ball geez. If it wasn't for the lightning blue with the black interior I would not hesitate to pull out which was my initial reaction. I'm going to let it sink in over the weekend and make a decision after I cool down.
Thatā€™s my concern. And I will probably swap out the mirror plastics and grill so it doesnā€™t look weird. Iā€™m not really sure what the benefit of the FE is anymore. And seeing how it has the lowest residuals. But damn I love the lightning blue and seem to be paying several K premium for it if Iā€™m not mistaken.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I haven't seen it confirmed but my from my understanding is that it would be deducted from everyone that has a hard top and since its standard for us First Editions our price should be $495 less than it was, but I could be wrong.
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread Screenshot_20210325-193750_Chrome

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like most my heart was set on the Black MOD top. But after seeing this pic of Lightning Blue with MIC Gray top, I believe it still looks gorgeous. If I absolutely hate the Gray top in person I can always order a Black top later. Heck maybe even go with a White top or color match šŸ¤”. I'm still all in. Life is good smile, we hold the the Golden FE tickets šŸ˜ƒ
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco Thread Screenshot_20210325-210529_Instagram (1)

Last edited:

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like most my heart was set on the Black MOD top. But after seeing this pic of Lightning Blue with MIC Gray top, I believe it still looks gorgeous. If I absolutely hate the Gray top in person I can always order a Black top later. Heck maybe even go with a White top or color match šŸ¤”. I'm still all in. Life is good smile, we hold the the Golden FE tickets šŸ˜ƒ
Screenshot_20210325-210529_Instagram (1).jpg
Where did you find that photo? I haven't seen that one. My mind says F em but the lightning blue is telling me not to make a quick decision lol
Sponsored

Last edited: