Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the MOD top failed testing, such as cracks, panels flying off at speed, leaks, etc. they have no design to pump out. Any of these things, and more, could have come up during testing.

I DID NOT SAY THEY DID, I said those could be the type of failures they were testing for.
Sure, but they are claiming COVID impacting the work-force & Supply Chain.

I guess you could hide a significant detail like that because R&D would resolve it given the typical workforce & office hours, but that’s very deceptive if it’s the case
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sure, but they are claiming COVID impacting the work-force & Supply Chain.

I guess you could hide a significant detail like that because R&D would resolve it given the typical workforce & office hours, but that’s very deceptive if it’s the case
Covid has impacted things for sure, but it has been the go to excuse to not discuss details they would rather keep propriatary. In the Engineering world we expect setbacks and delays in every product development. We build time into schedules to account for some of the unknown unknowns. But sometimes things happen and you will miss deadlines. The issue then gets elevated to senior management who spin up a good story that they then have to tell the end customer. It is common practice to deflect and explain away one or two items while ignoring the rest.

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM.jpg
So does this mean ford will do a white interior option too?!

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sad I won't be getting the MOD top on my FE. Will now have painted black grille & mirror caps, but MIC top & fenders. Would a vinyl wrap of the MIC top work?
The other thing that I don't like, and Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, is the top is mic carbonized gray and fender flares are mic black.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nope!!! standing right here at Barrett Jackson... MIC (top)
M-I-C........K-E-Y .......M-O-U-S-EEE!!!!

63848594981__8DE979F4-55C3-4ED8-A188-0167553F029C.jpeg
Do the fender flares match the top?

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well we officially know what we're up against 190,000 reservations and 125,000 we're converted.

So with the official number being 125,000 the real question is how many Broncos can FORD pump out of the assembly plant in a month? Anyone know? That will give us an idea how long it will take and the difference between the majority getting a 2021 vs a 2022.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Compared to other vehicle launches, how big of a number is 125,000? Greater? Smaller? Same?

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Covid has impacted things for sure, but it has been the go to excuse to not discuss details they would rather keep propriatary. In the Engineering world we expect setbacks and delays in every product development. We build time into schedules to account for some of the unknown unknowns. But sometimes things happen and you will miss deadlines. The issue then gets elevated to senior management who spin up a good story that they then have to tell the end customer. It is common practice to deflect and explain away one or two items while ignoring the rest.
They should hitch there wagon to the Suez Canal
Ford Bronco 🗓  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed BDAE6FF6-5238-4B40-86EF-F86FA3923928

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Ford Bronco 🗓  Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed BDAE6FF6-5238-4B40-86EF-F86FA3923928
So, am I reading this correctly that MIC hard top is now THE ONLY available roof for the Wildtrak regardless of model year???

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what does that non-sense even mean, if you ordered a base model you get it but if you ordered any options...you have to wait. Solid ;) This is looking more fleeting by the moment. Figure we will get the estimated delivery time on Memorial Day or sometime in June. Wouldn't be surprised if people didn't see deliveries till July.
My thoughts exactly. Putting to the back of the line people with highly optioned trucks (read; customers who are investing more money) doesn't seem to make a tremendous amount of business sense to me. But hey, what do I know?...

Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bummed that if I leave my BD 4 door w soft top order as is I may get a 21, but it now clearly states I can’t buy a hard top from dealer at a later date...that s-cks!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bummed that if I leave my BD 4 door w soft top order as is I may get a 21, but it now clearly states I can’t buy a hard top from dealer at a later date...that s-cks!
Yes you can, it just will not have the wiring and rear window washer connections. Which maybe solved with an aftermarket kit.

But you maybe better off buying with a MIC top and swapping to a Mod top later.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can get a hard top later but there are going to be some challenges:
1) no wiring for rear wiper and defrost
2) delayed availability
3) expensive
Probably a better choice to order hardtop now and add soft top layer to avoid the challenges.
Good luck!

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs