Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only they offered it in tan or grey.

This is me going around in circles. I've owned a car with a Tan dash. It reflected horribly in certain conditions. I notice the cars with Roast interior have a tan dash. Again - interior 101. the glare shield should be black. even if the rest of the interior is tan.

I'm thinking that though black MGV isn't my first choice aesthetically, it is best for me..

I love the Roast leather, but it would look dumb with a cactus grey vehicle. Which is the exterior I'm leaning towards.
Black Diamond interior is perfect with Cactus Gray and a large portion of the seating is gray.
Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl questions 5
Ford Bronco Marine Grade Vinyl questions 1
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford could clear all this up easily enough if they just sent some material samples out to dealers.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
The switches and electronics that would be exposed to the elements if caught with the roof off are stated to be water proof/resistant and encapsulated.

(steering wheel, hero switches, window switches, aux switches)
Good to know

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Black Diamond interior is perfect with Cactus Gray and a large portion of the seating is gray.
yes, that looks great, PERFECT. Actually. And it would go great with cactus grey exterior. Unfortunately Black diamond can't be had above a Mid level package. I tend to keep my cars for 10+ years. I want the toys.

For the most part, an Outer Banks, Badlands, and Wildtrack can be optioned up to be the same vehicle. ** So those are the interiors I have to choose from.

**Model exclusives other than interior that I can figure are:
1) OB - body colored fender flares
2) OB - can't get full bash plate
3) Badlands - disconnect able roll bar.

Other than those items, you can tweak them as you want.

Ah_crap

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I want the free Sound Deadening Headliner and my Bronco is going to have the MGV, do I need to contact my dealer and ask for the SDH or since it's free now does it come standard in all MY '21 Broncos?

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I want the free Sound Deadening Headliner and my Bronco is going to have the MGV, do I need to contact my dealer and ask for the SDH or since it's free now does it come standard in all MY '21 Broncos?
Yes, you need to contact your dealer. It is not standard with MGV, just a free option.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MB used to call "Tex" vinyl in their cars. Its thick and strong and can survive anything.
not only is that MBtex indestructible, but it has a great feel. Even the old W123s still feel/look good today.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The way I see it the Leather seats are described as being leather and vinyl trimmed, so if the vinyl is less durable than leather you are going to experience it regardless of which you chose. Everyone who has experienced the MGC from what I have read compliment it. Since I was getting Velocity Blue and wanted MGV I did not like the orange accents from the BL on a VB car so I went BD which has blue accents with MGV which seems to compliment the VB well. At one point in my life I had a diesel VW sportwagen and loved the vinyl seats in it. Extremely durable and were like new when I sold it. So for all the extra money you spend for leather, which are actually leather and vinyl, I'm going MGV which keeps my BD SAS 2.7 build below 50K. I can live without heated steering wheel, 12" screen, and I plan to upgrade the sound system aftermarket anyway so it made sense to me. However to each his own. Ultimately the mongrel to the left is hell on everything he puts his paws on which was the main reason I went MGV so it would clean up easier. I hope it fulfills those promises.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only they offered it in tan or grey.

This is me going around in circles. I've owned a car with a Tan dash. It reflected horribly in certain conditions. I notice the cars with Roast interior have a tan dash. Again - interior 101. the glare shield should be black. even if the rest of the interior is tan.

I'm thinking that though black MGV isn't my first choice aesthetically, it is best for me..

I love the Roast leather, but it would look dumb with a cactus grey vehicle. Which is the exterior I'm leaning towards.
I agree with you on the lighter colors. I do not want black at all and also want the white top, but it's the price I'll pay for being one of the first: can't have it all gents.

I'm getting the vinyl, have never had a car with anything but leather, yet feel very confident about the MGV.

I have a boat as well, and always have had one in the family (dad), but mostly river and lake duty, with an uncle down in Orange Beach with one on the ocean. This vinyl is similar to that, but different.

Meaning, it seems to be more rugged than the auto vinyl like for BMW, Merc, and VW. That vinyl is very tough and durable and can take a beating. This MGV should be similar, but more resistant to wear and mildew since it's expected to get wet and dirty, muddy, sandy.

To contrast, Ford leather is terrible and feels cheap, so I wouldn't call that a viable option either. I'd never expect Merc level leather, but Ford can do better.

Those of us getting a Badlands or BD with the MGV should be happy about everything but the dark color and how hot it'll be.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks to this thread, I decided to go back to my original plan of MGV on my BL build. I use to have a Wrangler JK and I purposely removed the carpeting because of the off-roading so I could pull the drain plugs and hose it out. Not to mention when the roof is off, which I do all Summer, you are bound to get caught in the rain and obviously the vinyl is a better choice than leather for that. I thought that I wanted the creature comfort of electric seats enough that it was worth the upgrade. I had manual seating on the Jeep and realized I couldn't care less if I have it again and didn't want to be forced in to carpeted floor so there you have it. E-mail already sent to my dealer, I'm back to MGV. The fact that I save a couple grand is just a happy by product.

Don, welcome to the forum, the topic has been brought up a dozen times over the past year, yet apparently my timing wasn't right until just now so thanks for starting the conversation a new.

Sponsored

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the floor mats have holes for the removable drain plugs? I kinda want them but not willing to cover up the drain plugs.

I haven’t been able to find any photos showing that the MGV interior drain plug functionality is preserved with floor mats.

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
not only is that MBtex indestructible, but it has a great feel. Even the old W123s still feel/look good today.
Yes. My mom had a W123 300D from like 1984. She had it until 2005 or so and it still looked and felt good. The current VW stuff is similarly nice. Though I can't vouch for how well it will last.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the floor mats have holes for the removable drain plugs? I kinda want them but not willing to cover up the drain plugs.

I haven’t been able to find any photos showing that the MGV interior drain plug functionality is preserved with floor mats.
I'm guessing you just yank out the floor liners in order to access the plugs. Not a big deal, its what I did in my jeep.

OP
OP

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks to this thread, I decided to go back to my original plan of MGV on my BL build. I use to have a Wrangler JK and I purposely removed the carpeting because of the off-roading so I could pull the drain plugs and hose it out. Not to mention when the roof is off, which I do all Summer, you are bound to get caught in the rain and obviously the vinyl is a better choice than leather for that. I thought that I wanted the creature comfort of electric seats enough that it was worth the upgrade. I had manual seating on the Jeep and realized I couldn't care less if I have it again and didn't want to be forced in to carpeted floor so there you have it. E-mail already sent to my dealer, I'm back to MGV. The fact that I save a couple grand is just a happy by product.

Don, welcome to the forum, the topic has been brought up a dozen times over the past year, yet apparently my timing wasn't right until just now so thanks for starting the conversation a new.

Thanks. I did use search and did't really find it spelled out like this.

I've owned cars with power seats. They are VALUELESS unless they come with memory. Then they are fantastic.

It is nice to get in my wife's Volvo and push one button and the seat 10 way adjusts to me, plus the mirrors.

Prior to that car, she had 10 way power seats and with the mind boggling number of choices available it was a major pain in the butt to adjust them for me. Then she'd complain that it was hard for her to find an adjustment that worked for her. We ultimately agreed that when I drove the car all I would adjust was the for and aft travel and setback angle. Then she could find her spot more easily.

but memory is a game changer.
Sponsored