First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look, these words aren't derived from new-found fanboy syndrome, but rather what I feel is pure logic.

Jeep is in trouble. I'm currently a 2012 Jeep Wrangler owner and recently cancelled a 2020 Rubi diesel order. Why?

Every each of the Bronco has been so well thought out, which is a stark contrast to what I feel is a very outdated Jeep architecture. The Jeep is clearly an inferior product in so many ways. It's actually insulting Jeep continues to charge what they do.

Cool, you've got a solid front axle.

I'm actually blown away how flat footed Jeep's response has been. Their best trick seemingly: jam a V8 in the thing. Even their flagship V6 engine is so underwhelming.

Jeep is going have their lunch eaten by the Bronco. Period. Jeep enthusiasts can continue to justify their purchase by throwing around the solid front axle debate, V8, blabla. But the fact of the matter is, those features appease such a small, narrow end of the market.

I say all this not seeing or driving a Bronco in real-life. But from what I've read, and what I've experienced being a Jeep owner, the Bronco is every bit a better machine. Ford did their homework. They benchmarked every inch of the Jeep and made a materially better product in every way.

I'm glad my Jeep has 200k on it and will be junk by the time my Bronco arrives. I'd be very upset if I recently purchased a Jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well all hope. Well said.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look, these words aren't derived from new-found fanboy syndrome, but rather what I feel is pure logic.

How many people use pure logic to dictate their lives. Jeep will be fine.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Jeep is in trouble. I'm currently a 2012 Jeep Wrangler owner and recently cancelled a 2020 Rubi diesel order. Why?

Every each of the Bronco has been so well thought out, which is a stark contrast to what I feel is a very outdated Jeep architecture. The Jeep is clearly an inferior product in so many ways. It's actually insulting Jeep continues to charge what they do.

I'm actually blown away how flat footed Jeep's response has been. Their best trick seemingly: jam a V8 in the thing. Even their flagship V6 engine is so underwhelming.

Jeep is going have their lunch eaten by the Bronco. Period. Jeep enthusiasts can continue to justify their purchase by throwing around the solid front axle debate, V8, blabla. But the fact of the matter is, those features appease such a small, narrow end of the market.

I say all this not seeing or driving a Bronco in real-life. But from what I've read, and what I've experienced being a Jeep owner, the Bronco is every bit a better machine. Ford did their homework. They benchmarked every inch of the Jeep and made a materially better product in every way.

I'm glad my Jeep has 200k on it and will be junk by the time my Bronco arrives. I'd be very upset if I recently purchased a Jeep.
To me, Jeep’s biggest problem is their engine choices. The 2.3 is better than the Jeep four cylinder turbo, and the 2.7 is even better. All three have more torque than the NA 3.6.

So other than the cave man Hemi, or the 4xE, it the diesel - all of which cost more - the motors don’t compete. Then there is Squatch - you have to buy a Rubicon to get front and rear lockers and a Dana 44 in front. You can put them on a base Bronco. That is easier to fix than the engine problem, just offer a package using the existing Rubicon content.

We’ll see how the Bronco really rides. I wasn’t impressed with the ride of the Bronco Sport - it was pretty stiff. It wasn’t noisy and doesn’t wander like a lifted Jeep on big tires, but that is something you get used too. When independent people drive and review Broncos in direct side by side comparisons with Jeep’s, we’ll know more about the disadvantages of the SFA in the adventure vehicle market.

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How many people besides Ford employees have driven a Bronco, Zero. The Bronco has been carefully driven and marketed. There have been no Bronco failures,,,LOL. The Wrangler has been tested for years and every fault has come up. The faults of Bronco has not even started. Every part on the Wrangler has been built for years. Ford is building a new vehicle with parts with no history. Yes, I know the engine and trans has been in other vehicles but everything that puts them together has not. The Bronco may end up being better than Wrangler but it's just too early to say. Go ahead, roll the dice. I'll keep my JKUR, fully loaded and modded for a few more years.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems a promise of a better vehicle than a Wrangler is better than a Wrangler, haha. Whatever.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Real talk. #truth

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
My friends with Jeeps all say their Jeep is their favorite vehicle of all they've ever owned.
Even the ones that have had reliability problems still say the Jeep is their favorite.
No matter how good the Bronco is, and it will be great, the Jeep is still a good vehicle too and will sell well.