First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From my experience special-ordering a vehicle from Ford, there can be a surprisingly long time from "it was produced" to "it's here at the dealership." I'd stick to that late-May think at the earliest. It might even be that Ford holds a bunch of Broncos to ship so that many arrive at nearly the same time at dealerships. Also, don't forget that most vehicles get shipped by rail most of the way (not a fast process) and only end up on carriers for the last part of the journey.
I think alot of yall are forgetting the dealer loaner units will be built May 3 through early June. The first reserved units won't be built until those are done.
Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pop the corks! After a commodity shortage delayed yesterday's planned start, Bronco officially entered Phase 1 Mass Production at 8:30 a.m. today. These early builds will be used for press rides and dealer demos, and the official Job 1 date remains unchanged as 5/3, legally sellable, VIN numbered Broncos are moving thru the dedicated MAP body shop on their way to final assembly.
Genuinely surprised that nobody pulled the trigger and turned this thread into one long cork soakers parody.

• Haha
Reactions: abe

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think alot of yall are forgetting the dealer loaner units will be built May 3 through early June. The first reserved units won't be built until those are done.
Exactly. It sucks to have to wait another month but hopefully all the kinks are worked out in that period.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. It sucks to have to wait another month but hopefully all the kinks are worked out in that period.
It seems that they could build at least 600 per day, that should cover the dealer units in short order and get started on reserved unit builds.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lets hope the fire in China at the chip plant yesterday doesn't cause much of a slowdown. They say it will be at least a month before production for that plant resumes.
Wait... there was another fire in another chip plant in Asia? As far as i know, there was one about a week ago, but not yesterday.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The dealer program is actually brilliant if you know how a typical new vehicle launch works. Say Job 1 started May 3rd with reserved units, they would not be shipped until the Ready to Sell is reached. This is over a month, sometimes more, where they do strict quality control testing etc. If they built your Bronco on May 3rd you would not receive it a the dealer until late June at the earliest. This allows them to get through that initial phase with dealer demo units, get them out there, and if issues are found they are recalling demo units only.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It seems that they could build at least 600 per day, that should cover the dealer units in short order and get started on reserved unit builds.
Not how it works, it will be a slow ramp up to max production for several reasons.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if they'll let me come in every month until delivery in Q1-Q2 of next year to test drive. Hmmmm....

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't know exactly how many dealer units they are building, I've seen the number 7500 thrown out there. I know how many widgets were sending them, I see May/June production at about 300 a day assuming they are working Mon-Fri as they are now.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw somewhere the new Bronco referred to as Vaporware.

We shall see...

Hanverg07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember last year I showed my Dad the new bronco on pictures and I he asked me are you going to get it? I said yes, he said, then get it son, I looked straight into his eyes and told him you going to be the first person to ride with me, and he smiled at me. Unfortunately he just passed a week ago, but in my mind and my heart he will always ride with me. "I'll always miss you Dad". Thanks for sharing Ross, great news!!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I remember last year I showed my Dad the new bronco on pictures and I he asked me are you going to get it? I said yes, he said, then get it son, I looked straight into his eyes and told him you going to be the first person to ride with me, and he smiled at me. Unfortunately he just passed a week ago, but in my mind and my heart he will always ride with me. "I'll always miss you Dad". Thanks for sharing Ross, great news!!
So sorry to hear about your loss. He will be riding with you for sure!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

(CG and A51 aren't selling well to PNW folks who want Bronco Sports, apparently)
Rick, what's the price on those babies? I'm guessing it's not the colors that are turning people off.
Sponsored