Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What commodity was in short supply yesterday?
Proofreaders, but they’ve changed the production schedule again and moved all proofreaders to 22MY.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies if it’s been asked already, but are these Broncos going to be able to be test driven by non Ford employees or press since they’re not pre production?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These early builds will be used for press rides and dealer demos...
This makes absolutely zero sense. Ford has already stated that certain configurations will likely delay production of Bronco’s for paying customers. Why would they mass produce new Bronco’s for press rides and dealer demo’s? I don’t doubt they are producing. I’m excited to hear it. I just think there is more to this than OP knows. Could they possibly be getting a jump on VIN numbered vehicles that are in the order pipeline? If not, these “demo” units better not include any of the deadly six :sneaky:

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A vehicle launch starts with a small number of units built a day to get the workers used to the new product that they are building. This also gives the engineers time to make sure that all the tooling is aligned for at speed production, inspect the vehicles closely and make any corrections to the line as needed.

The first vehicles are not the vehicles you want to sell right away, but they are fixable and can be made perfect for press reviews. Then as they ramp up and the quality is getting better they build more per day and these will be the dealer FCTP/mannequin units. They were pre determined by Ford to make sure they build all the combinations so the line workers have that experience. Also these have to fit the commodities that they have coming in.

These vehicles will sit at MAP until they are perfect and may need some corrections or updates. Once the vehicles coming off the line are determined to be of high quality, they say OKTB has achieved. They will not build a single retail order until OKTB has been achieved. Once OKTB is achieved they will start building the customer orders and they will start shipping the dealer demos.

The dealer Demos will typically ship Last in First Out, its backwards, but it seems to be the way it works. Theoretically some customer vehicles should ship prior to all of the dealer demos shipping.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A vehicle launch starts with a small number of units built a day to get the workers used to the new product that they are building. This also gives the engineers time to make sure that all the tooling is aligned for at speed production, inspect the vehicles closely and make any corrections to the line as needed.

The first vehicles are not the vehicles you want to sell right away, but they are fixable and can be made perfect for press reviews. Then as they ramp up and the quality is getting better they build more per day and these will be the dealer FCTP/mannequin units. They were pre determined by Ford to make sure they build all the combinations so the line workers have that experience. Also these have to fit the commodities that they have coming in.

These vehicles will sit at MAP until they are perfect and may need some corrections or updates. Once the vehicles coming off the line are determined to be of high quality, they say OKTB has achieved. They will not build a single retail order until OKTB has been achieved. Once OKTB is achieved they will start building the customer orders and they will start shipping the dealer demos.

The dealer Demos will typically ship Last in First Out, its backwards, but it seems to be the way it works. Theoretically some customer vehicles should ship prior to all of the dealer demos shipping.
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have any insight on how many units had to be produced before the Ranger reached OKTB? Bronco Sport? I assume they will move up the OKTB date if they do reach their quality goals early. If this does happen, I would be curious as to what their priorities with be, finish out their dealer demo quota or start building customer orders???

I would HOPE that with commodity shortages and the fact that they have already sold every single non-dealer demo MY21, and who knows how many MY22s, that they would start customer orders immediately and tell the dealers to pound sand until they finish orders out in 22. I mean why do they need demos when Ford has already sold out MY21s? I understand that the dealer demos are a handout to the dealerships given they will be sold after a period of time but EVERY MY21 dealer demo produced is a MY21 that a customer with an order won't get.

Sponsored

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for that. Makes more sense now. When I read “mass production” I assume a ton of vehicles are going to be produced. Thread title may be a bit misleading...

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully more delays and construction ramps up to like a Pre COVID levels

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone have any insight on how many units had to be produced before the Ranger reached OKTB? Bronco Sport? I assume they will move up the OKTB date if they do reach their quality goals early. If this does happen, I would be curious as to what their priorities with be, finish out their dealer demo quota or start building customer orders???

I would HOPE that with commodity shortages and the fact that they have already sold every single non-dealer demo MY21, and who knows how many MY22s, that they would start customer orders immediately and tell the dealers to pound sand until they finish orders out in 22. I mean why do they need demos when Ford has already sold out MY21s? I understand that the dealer demos are a handout to the dealerships given they will be sold after a period of time but EVERY MY21 dealer demo produced is a MY21 that a customer with an order won't get.
The number of units before job 1 is pre planned. With just in time supply chains the plant won’t pull ahead or make more units during the pre builds. Think of the pre build as a scrimmage for a football team, helps to get the kinks out without losing a game.

bchapa2002

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good insight. What about the 999 Broncos that were built in January? Do those go down a different line possibly? You have to think Ford has been through Lean Six Sigma to stream line their process the best they can.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I remember last year I showed my Dad the new bronco on pictures and I he asked me are you going to get it? I said yes, he said, then get it son, I looked straight into his eyes and told him you going to be the first person to ride with me, and he smiled at me. Unfortunately he just passed a week ago, but in my mind and my heart he will always ride with me. "I'll always miss you Dad". Thanks for sharing Ross, great news!!
sorry for your loss

Sponsored