Sponsored

Ditch the towing package for now and get one from Ford or aftermarket later to avoid any delays?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
donspillman

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I thought had read on this forum that it had been added as possible delayed or high demand availability. (I'm pretty sure I did, I remember everyone fussing about how hard it could be to add the towing package.) However, I can't find it here anymore. I'm I just making this up? Can a Dealership person on here or anyone else confirm this? Thanks.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had thought this delay was for the Bronco Sport, but it may have changed now.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also a lot of the overlanding / off-road oriented camper trailers have trailer brakes. I don't have any experience with them but I'm guessing it may come in handy on some technical sections.

1617203697081.png
$48,000?!?! for a popup?

Anybody want to start a pop-up camper business with me?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Patriot X1 has trailer brakes (weighs 3400lbs fully loaded with gear, water, diesel & food) and work fantastic when scaling or descending steep rocky climbs or shelf roads navigating to dispersed campsites. I use the Redarc in the wife's grand Cherokee and ford's oem brake controller in my f150 truck. The Redarc tow pro elite controller is legit and works amazing. That's what I'll be installing in the Bronco.

Last thing I want is to be yanked backwards or pushed down a rocky trails by the trailer.

Good to hear about your experience with the Redarc!

Ford does make a fine brake controller which I currently use in my F150. I tow a travel trailer with a full gear weight of approximately 5,600 lbs. The controller is your typical set it and forget it. It works fine especially descending on paved mountainous roads. As you must know, off-road towing can be a different ball game.

I will be adding an off-road trailer with a potential gear weight of approximately 2,200 lbs. As I descend mountainous trails with loose gravel/sand, will need a brake controller with an easy-to-operate manual setting. The Redarc controller should be exactly what I seek as well.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I don't recall it mentioned, but usually you get oil and trans coolers....

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I thought had read on this forum that it had been added as possible delayed or high demand availability. (I'm pretty sure I did, I remember everyone fussing about how hard it could be to add the towing package.) However, I can't find it here anymore. I'm I just making this up? Can a Dealership person on here or anyone else confirm this? Thanks.
Yeah, I don't recall it mentioned, but usually you get oil and trans coolers....
@XCR440 Reported that the tow package is on the commodity list... which if I'm understanding correctly, means Ford thinks there is a chance they could run out of them, but no word on specifics.

Ford did *not* list it as a "deadly six" so it might be that they don't have a lot on hand, but they don't expect demand to exceed that.

Who knows.

Just got our commodity list for the wholesale we're doing now, and Bronco is on it. I can't post it as I can understand Ford not wanting competitors to have it, but I can say its not as bad as I had thought.

The commodities that were mentioned before are all there, but the build % are higher than I was afraid they might be. For example, 2.7L is a commoditiy, but its not far from the estimates of build orders I've seen in articles online. I think MIC top will be worse than 2.7L for example. Sasquatch I still think will be a bottleneck, I think it will be very noticeable, but I had previously worried it might be darn near impossible (think R model Shelby) and I don't think that will be the case. 2 door is also lower than the estimated orders, but it's not far from it, so yes its a commodity that will delay some orders but shouldn't keep backing up further and further.

So yes commodities are still going to be a problem, but it doesn't look catastrophic like I'd imagined. I could still be proven wrong, but I think biggest issues will be Sasquatch, then MIC top, then Trailer tow. (no numbers on Lux or other packages, so not sure on that).
We would have to ask Nathan what he meant by that. He does not clarify in that thread from what I could find.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only matters if it is a delay or late availability when the time comes for Ford to schedule your particular build

Last edited:

BMaze

Outer Banks
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I was without all the deadly sins until they added the towing package for possible delay. Should I ditch the towing package for now and get one from Ford or aftermarket later to avoid any delays? I don't want to overthink, but this seems like and no brainier. I ordered and put one on a Toyota Tundra myself before, so that would not be a big deal. Thanks for your help.

Black Diamond
4 Door (5?)
Area 51
2.3 Manuel
I'm very up to date on all Bronco happenings and news. I have not seen anywhere that the tow package is a possible "delayed" item. Please show this...where did you see that?

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There will be after market options if you want to do a basket without a receiver hitch...these are for jeeps, but I’m sure someone will come up with one for Broncos

0FCCEB50-D9AC-47EB-8576-739C8C8687E8.png

2774F88A-E197-4383-8093-E84B9BEE3A02.png

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did I miss something? Since when was the tow package a delay?
What now, is there a steal shortage as well ?
Steel is up 288% in a very short period of time....I could see everything being a delay currently

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Towing package content?

I don't know man... There's a chance that forgoing the Tow Package from the factory, you're going to miss out on plug-and-play brake controller install and what-not.

There are a *ton* of people on the forum who are going to hold out and add one later.

I'm keeping it on my factory build.

I think either answer is "correct" depending on what your values and needs are.

The link at the top of my post will bring you to one of the discussions.
I am leaving it on my factory build too. I did not see the tow package as a possible commodity issue. Heck....today this part, tomorrow that part. Cannot second guess supply issues. It shall be what it shall be.

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could see the total price of this Bronco jumping 10% immediately for those that don’t have current reservations. Commodities, Steel, Gas/Energy, shipping, etc.......everything is going up in price.
How long can Ford keep their pricing (considering we were playing with Build and Price and reservations for along time......and now it might be 22 until we see a bulk of the orders). When will the prices increase?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@XCR440 Reported that the tow package is on the commodity list... which if I'm understanding correctly, means Ford thinks there is a chance they could run out of them, but no word on specifics.

Ford did *not* list it as a "deadly six" so it might be that they don't have a lot on hand, but they don't expect demand to exceed that.

Who knows.

We would have to ask Nathan what he meant by that. He does not clarify in that thread from what I could find.
Trailer tow was on the list of commodities I was given. Now how big of a commodity depends on how many want it. Based on my orders, I think the mass majority 75% or more, but that might just be regional and if so national rate could be lower where its a commodity, but not a major one.

What I mean is:

Say Ford can build 50% of Broncos with a widget, so the commodity rate is 50%. If demand is 50.5%, its an issue that will slow up some so it is a commodity, but only will affect 1 out of 100 orders. Now lets say demand is 70%, now its 20 out of 100, so its much more of an issue. Then remember that the next week, those 20 allocations take the first 20 widgets leaving only 30 for the next batch so the wait/line keeps growing.

So back to trailer tow, if you think its 1/2 or less of the orders, probably won't be a huge deal, if you think its 75% or more, might be a big problem. However, this also assumes the commodity list I saw was correct, and that it won't change. Trailer tow is one I can see easily increased if demand warrants unlike other options like 2.7L, Sasquatch, etc. Clear as mud?

Also remember once scheduling starts, dealer will have a long (2-3 week) preview period where you can change the orders if its not going, so if Tow is a problem keeping your order from scheduling, dealer can notify you and see if you want to drop tow to get a VIN.
Sponsored