First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My buddy just pulled up with a '21 F150 with the hybrid engine. On his drive to work today, he managed to add 4 miles to the range his tank had left... after driving 15 miles to work. That has me pretty damn jealous. Not to mention the on board generator for all your off-grid needs. Were there any specific reasons why Ford didn't offer a hybrid option on launch. I'm sure ones coming soon-ish right? I wonder how upset I'll be when they offer it next year... not enough to pass on my '21... I don't think.
Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. They are going to call it the Bronc-ohm.

OP
OP
Andrew_EOD

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
APRIL FOOLS!!!! 😂 😂 😂

No just kidding I am impressed too and I haven't even seen one first hand.
April fools is really gonna get me this year... I have nothing to do at work except mess around online! Worst place to be today!

The hybrid is legit imho, and I would have paid whatever the upgrade price would have been to get one in my Bronco. I would almost even consider the F150 instead... but not really a truck person, and I have to have a rarer vehicle!

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The hybrid setup on the F150 adds 600 pounds and reduces the gas tank size. Do you really want this on your bronco?

My buddy just pulled up with a '21 F150 with the hybrid engine. On his drive to work today, he managed to add 4 miles to the range his tank had left... after driving 15 miles to work. That has me pretty damn jealous. Not to mention the on board generator for all your off-grid needs. Were there any specific reasons why Ford didn't offer a hybrid option on launch. I'm sure ones coming soon-ish right? I wonder how upset I'll be when they offer it next year... not enough to pass on my '21... I don't think.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
April fools is really gonna get me this year... I have nothing to do at work except mess around online! Worst place to be today!

The hybrid is legit imho, and I would have paid whatever the upgrade price would have been to get one in my Bronco. I would almost even consider the F150 instead... but not really a truck person, and I have to have a rarer vehicle!
I drive a Honda Passport and my fiancé will be piloting the Bronco daily but we looked at a Venza for her in our search for her replacement vehicle. There is a lot to like about a hybrid, and I am sure when I replace the Passport it will be something hybrid. I just didn't like that Toyota didn't use the traditional automatic from the N/A Rav-4 in the hybrid Venza/Highlander/Rav-4.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you see the race on TFL with the raptor vs the F150 hybrid ? The hybrid beats the raptor. Wow check it out.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The bronco already has small tank so you do not want to reduce it further.

The F150 has a 36 gallon tank and the hybrid reduced it to 30 gallons.

The weight is/would be concerning... gas tank, meh. Less expensive to fill up right?

Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Batteries are heavy, so the bronco would be closer to 5500-6000 lbs with a hybrid option.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The hybrid setup on the F150 adds 600 pounds and reduces the gas tank size. Do you really want this on your bronco?
It is supposed to get 24mpg combined...I bet most f150s are in the 18-19 range with the 3.5 ecoboost. Its worth it in that regard. Now the 600 pounds....hmmmmmm, not for offroading, agreed.

CaliBronceFan

First Name
Dman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
we don’t know the mpg for the bronco but w/ high gas prices I have concerns. Here in SoCal gas is near $4. A hybrid 2 option would be awesome. I hope sooner than later.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they add a hybrid to bronco, it better be plug in. The Wrangler 4xe seems very impressive. Extra power with the electric motors, can commute to work on pure electric with 21 miles of range. Can recapture battery charge through regen braking. Something similar for bronco would have me trading in my 21
Sponsored