Sponsored

Spotted: Cyber Orange Wildtrak Bronco 2-Door on Highway w/ Front License Bracket Mounted

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Quick - pull that guy over somehow, and ask how the two door steers on the highway. Also, how was the tire noise?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! That license plate bracket SUCKS! Unfortunately in MN it’s required. Have to figure out something else.

Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The box in the bumper is the radar for the anti-collision assist that’s on all Bronco’s. I wish Ford would have put it up in the windshield near the rearview mirror like Jeep does...ugh. Gonna be a pain to relocate due to the active grill shutters. Wonder if it can be disabled in ForScan and then removed

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The ARB bumper clearly leaves room for airflow to the intercooler, but that front silver piece certainly looks like it would block the radar sensor.

At first I figured that was just a plastic trim piece, but I can see welds and folds, so I think that is indeed metal.

Additionally, those are license plate mounting grommets (the white things).

My conclusion is that ARB just said "f*ck it" and built what they wanted to build.
ARB Bronco doesn't have the Lux package (see 8 in. screen), so likely didn't take that into consideration at all. Basically, what you said...

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The box in the bumper is the radar for the anti-collision assist that’s on all Bronco’s. I wish Ford would have put it up in the windshield near the rearview mirror like Jeep does...ugh. Gonna be a pain to relocate due to the active grill shutters. Wonder if it can be disabled in ForScan and then removed
Looking in the wiring diagrams the image processing module for lane departure and collision avoidance is at top of windshield,the cruise control module is in the bumper and should be able to relocate if no adaptive cruise.

Sponsored

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A1B3FF5A-093C-4EB8-937F-DF70386F4C86.jpeg

Is there a mechanical reason it can’t be mounted square in the middle?
adaptive cruise control sensors I believe. One of the builds just released spoke about why there was an opening in that spot on their bumper.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
adaptive cruise control sensors I believe. One of the builds just released spoke about why there was an opening in that spot on their bumper.
Well I’m out of genius suggestions then. I guess I’ll just leave it to the Ford engineers to figure out.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking in the wiring diagrams the image processing module for lane departure and collision avoidance is at top of windshield,the cruise control module is in the bumper and should be able to relocate if no adaptive cruise.
Thank you. My order has the std pkg so my tag is going there on a modified bracket.