First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Problem I had with the video was it didn't really capture the cupholders very well.
Sponsored

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plot twist... what if I do this and go from 30s to 37s and make my Base Bronco taller than your Sasquatch FE that costs double my BB?

I'm going to guess a lot of Base models will be modded before someone cuts up a FE or Wildtrack

My base will get a small lift to make the SaS look right to me

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Plot twist... what if I do this and go from 30s to 37s and make my Base Bronco taller than your Sasquatch FE that costs double my BB?
They still have lockers, front axle, and gearing, but you win in the parking lot!

Sponsored
OP
OP
toymaster

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you all think this suspension will perform as compared to the factory SAS & HOSS suspensions, the aspect of lift aside?
That is the question. Most have a brand loyalty when it comes to coil overs Fox, King, etc. and their opinion goes along those lines. 4WP is mostly a retailer, even though they bought up a few mom and pop manufacturers a while ago, they did not mention the brand of those shocks and coils.

I'm just extremely glad to see the adjustability built right in. So, you can go from 1" to 3.5" when you want without spending any more money. Personally, I like spending money just once.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It is so nice to be looking at information about a real modifications - not accessorized concepts. Looking forward to the adjustable coilover options when the Bilsteins "wear out" ;).

OP
OP
toymaster

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wondering about the door holding up with a 37" bolted to it, especially when you leverage it out like that. This is a well-known weakness in the wranger, most go with a swing out tire carrier attached to the bumper. I'd be interested in see the structural design of the Ford swing gate.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did anyone else notice that their 3" lift completely destroyed suspension down travel. That is lifting wheels high with just moderate articulation. I'm thinking that the factory Sasquatch setup will be the best for most people's needs. The extra lift and 37's will help in the big rocks but you really are going to want more down travel for most situations.

Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wished they would have went into the control arms for the rear.

We will turn this forum into a modification information sharing forum, instead of threads for arguing over color and seat material, even if we have to do it one thread at a time.
Cupholder threads okay?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You remember this build >> https://www.foxnews.com/auto/extreme-ford-bronco-race-rocks

why do you think Ford upgraded the cv shafts and hubs? it is the same issue in the Raptor community. Go above 2.5" and wheel hard and you will destroy your cv shaft.

On road .. there will be very little issue as you are not in 4-wheel drive very often. Take it off-road and articulate that suspension in 4 wheel drive and you will have issues.

I get it that the bronco is new and there will def be owners who push it and this is great as we will all learn not what to do.

How do you know already about the CV shaft? A 2.5” lift would be less than an inch a taller than a Sasquatch lift as is. I think we have to see it in application and see what the angle looks like before we can say we are “going to have issues” with a modest lift.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You remember this build >> https://www.foxnews.com/auto/extreme-ford-bronco-race-rocks

why do you think Ford upgraded the cv shafts and hubs? it is the same issue in the Raptor community. Go above 2.5" and wheel hard and you will destroy your cv shaft.

On road .. there will be very little issue as you are not in 4-wheel drive very often. Take it off-road and articulate that suspension in 4 wheel drive and you will have issues.

I get it that the bronco is new and there will def be owners who push it and this is great as we will all learn not what to do.
I know what you're saying, and that's why I will wait and see what people do before I lift it and how it works out. I don't know that you can look at one Bronco built to race and make a prognosis. I just know from experience that some IFS vehicles can handle a bit of lift (a couple of inches) before any problems with CV angles, and some can't and those require a different approach. We shall see....hopefully when Ford releases their Ford Performance lifts they have already figured out what needs to be done and that provides the path for the rest of the aftermarket.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
SEMA 2021. I am sure we will see some crazy parts.

I know what you're saying, and that's why I will wait and see what people do before I lift it and how it works out. I don't know that you can look at one Bronco built to race and make a prognosis. I just know from experience that some IFS vehicles can handle a bit of lift (a couple of inches) before any problems with CV angles, and some can't and those require a different approach. We shall see....hopefully when Ford releases their Ford Performance lifts they have already figured out what needs to be done and that provides the path for the rest of the aftermarket.