Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This video covers how 4WP lifted the Bronco with a 1 - 3 inch lift. For some reason they have the deep dive videos Above and Below named in reverse.

Makes me wonder if they think that's a coil under
:ROFLMAO:

I agree with this not being an upgrade or a superior solution to the SAS.
It may be slightly taller, but the Bilsteins are far superior to these coilovers.
However,
These will be good for those who simply want it for the look and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone enjoys a good looking and bad ass looking vehicle, even if it's only used over speed bumps going to soccer games or getting lattes. At least I do.
(y)
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im amazed why many here think this is not an upgrade lol...
To the Non HOSS system it is a height difference but it just does not look like it articulates well. That could be due to the fact that they need to get some miles on them as springs do break in. They could also be offering different spring rates based on 2dr vs 4dr and how much load you will be putting in the Bronco.
But, there is nothing worse than a too stiff suspension for both rock crawling and fast traveling on a dirt road. In Rock Crawling it makes the vehicle tippy, in the other, it rattles your teeth as the bumps are transferred to the body, vs being contained by the suspension.
My first suspension on my Jeep was a Rubicon Express. The springs never broke in and softened and I eventually replaced them with OME ones which were night and day. I immediately realized an improvement in street driving and got much better articulation as the up travel of my tire was no longer being blocked by a too stiff spring.

Compared to the Bilsteins, these coilovers are inferior and accurately stated by this person
No Reservoir
No ESCV (escv is like having two-tube bypass shocks, three zones in escv)

Last edited:

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im amazed why many here think this is not an upgrade lol...
I supported my statement with facts.
Use that same tactic to elaborate on how you think this is an upgrade, what features and specs add to your point?

Okay it's got adjustable preload. I'll give it that, thats about it.

Less oil volume
Less Internal Floating Piston Reservoir Volume
No compression ESCV
No rebound ESCV
No factory warranty

Last edited:

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is the question. Most have a brand loyalty when it comes to coil overs Fox, King, etc. and their opinion goes along those lines. 4WP is mostly a retailer, even though they bought up a few mom and pop manufacturers a while ago, they did not mention the brand of those shocks and coils.

I'm just extremely glad to see the adjustability built right in. So, you can go from 1" to 3.5" when you want without spending any more money. Personally, I like spending money just once.
I do wish they had told us who built those shocks.

Ultimately if this is the only lift available by the time my Bronco shows up, then it's the one I'm going with. I want it on 37s asap. Just hope those no name shocks don't totally wreck the ride quality.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^^^^^ That is highly unlikely. Ford is not going to offer an "unstable" SUV to the public ever again. Are you old enough to remember the Firestone/Explorer fiasco?
I'm not sure who you were referring to, but if it was in reference to Ford offering lifts from Ford Performance Parts...you're wrong and Ford already has one listed on the parts list....and reps have confirmed that there will be Ford lifts to accommodate 37" tires at some point.

Bronco Accessory List FOR DEALERS.xlsx
M-18000-B12021 BRONCO FPP OFF-ROAD SUSPENSION KITExterioraTBD

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone else notice that their 3" lift completely destroyed suspension down travel. That is lifting wheels high with just moderate articulation. I'm thinking that the factory Sasquatch setup will be the best for most people's needs. The extra lift and 37's will help in the big rocks but you really are going to want more down travel for most situations.
This. As I have stated in a newbie of roader thread, articulation and keeping 4 tires on the ground with minimal lift is of utmost importance. Honestly they made a mistake showing that clip in the video where the rig pitched wildly onto 3 wheels.

We have no idea if it was because the terrain was really that extreme, if it was because their CG was moved drastically higher, or if this first pass at an aftermarket lift just royally screwed up the OEM articulation.

Regardless, I am surprised on the whole with these aftermarket accessory demos that we did not see a "long arm / long travel" offering showcased. Ford knows that their weak point is in overall articulation for rock crawling. They're in Moab going toe-to-toe with Jeep in the gnarliest rock crawling part of the country. I would have thought they wanted to show a specialty solution which was particularly tuned for more extreme rock-crawling which would more closely match a SFA setup (BTW I don't give a damn about having a SFA).

If people want this lift for looks and the 37s, by all means go for it. It looks great. But, until we see what the real world best offering for increased articulation is, I would not be putting this lift on for increased rock crawling performance.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This. As I have stated in a newbie of roader thread, articulation and keeping 4 tires on the ground with minimal lift is of utmost importance. Honestly they made a mistake showing that clip in the video where the rig pitched wildly onto 3 wheels.

We have no idea if it was because the terrain was really that extreme, if it was because their CG was moved drastically higher, or if this first pass at an aftermarket lift just royally screwed up the OEM articulation.

Regardless, I am surprised on the whole with these aftermarket accessory demos that we did not see a "long arm / long travel" offering showcased. Ford knows that their weak point is in overall articulation for rock crawling. They're in Moab going toe-to-toe with Jeep in the gnarliest rock crawling part of the country. I would have thought they wanted to show a specialty solution which was particularly tuned for more extreme rock-crawling which would more closely match a SFA setup (BTW I don't give a damn about having a SFA).

If people want this lift for looks and the 37s, by all means go for it. It looks great. But, until we see what the real world best offering for increased articulation is, I would not be putting this lift on for increased rock crawling performance.
You can clearly see in the video that they are running a front swaybar. Perhaps it isn't the disconnectable bar or the driver failed to disconnect it. They might also simply be near the bottom of the travel because of the lift. The drive shafts are fairly short so your CV angles are going to become acute quickly. A long arm kit would help with the down travel and I'm sure that someone will offer one fairly soon but they will still need to do something fix the CV angles.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They were not in a Badlands or FE so no Front disconnect on that Bronco which could be why.
Well you do have SRA. :ROFLMAO:
I am going to speak with Clayton. I ran their Long arm kit on my TJ and it was amazing.
They sell a rear only long arm conversion for Jeeps that also ditches the trac bar.
I can see this being too hard to adapt to the Bronco. Just a matter of their being enough room under it for the brace.
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-rear-long-arm-upgrade-kit-1997-2006-tj

Ford Bronco 4WP explains their 1" - 3" lift kit for the Bronco 1617396478289

Last edited:
OP
OP
toymaster

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone else notice that their 3" lift completely destroyed suspension down travel. That is lifting wheels high with just moderate articulation. I'm thinking that the factory Sasquatch setup will be the best for most people's needs. The extra lift and 37's will help in the big rocks but you really are going to want more down travel for most situations.
Maybe. However you have to realize we are dealing with IFS using CV half shafts. CVs have limited range of motion when compared to a U-joint AND the horizontal axis of the droop is only from the wheel bearings to the differential, as compared to the entire width of a solid axle. What I'm saying is the limiting factor for suspension travel is the CV shafts not the coil over setup.

My point is your expectations for the IFS may not be met. The IFS is a tradeoff for highway performance. A vehicle cannot do every thing perfect.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Regardless, I am surprised on the whole with these aftermarket accessory demos that we did not see a "long arm / long travel" offering showcased. Ford knows that their weak point is in overall articulation for rock crawling. They're in Moab going toe-to-toe with Jeep in the gnarliest rock crawling part of the country.

I spoke with Brenthel AKA Baja Kits....
Long travel is coming.
Camburg is working on stuff too.
APG , RPG, and SVC will be soon behind with properly engineered components. Thw 4WP is too fast and too furious for me... More show than go. Sorry 4WP, this is modern warfare; you brought Nerf to the front lines

Last edited:

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with Brenthel AKA Baja Kits....
Long travel is coming.
Camburg is working on stuff too.
APG , RPG, and SVC will be soon behind with properly engineered components. Thw 4WP is too fast and too furious for me... More show than go. Sorry 4WP, this is modern warfare; you brought Nerf to the front lines
When I was in the biz, the consensus was first to market could command the highest share of business. Regardless if the product was good or bad. That would be the strategy.
Anyways, most of these Broncos will be a lot more show than go.

I chatted with the ‘Burg from Camburg a few weeks ago. He’s got stuff brewing.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering about the door holding up with a 37" bolted to it, especially when you leverage it out like that. This is a well-known weakness in the wranger, most go with a swing out tire carrier attached to the bumper. I'd be interested in see the structural design of the Ford swing gate.
Yep I agree. Personally I would not put anything bigger than a 35 on there, even if I was running 37's. the 1" is not going to be as big of a deal than a dynamic +10 lbs ;)

Are you old enough to remember the Firestone/Explorer fiasco?
They didn't call them exploders for nothing :cool:
Sponsored