Painted top and soft top 2021

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have so many questions/concerns about this statement. Current consensus seems to be that MIC cannot be easily painted properly. & I can assure you Ford Motor Company isn’t going to warranty a dealer paint job.
Not talking about Ford.....they're not painting the top. My dealer would have to stand behind their work
Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not talking about Ford.....they're not painting the top. My dealer would have to stand behind their work
gotcha. You may have a reputable / stand up dealer with an excellent body shop. (But I’d still get the warranty in writing just to be safe!)

FWIW, I agree the MIC only thing is a bummer. I’m in the same boat.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
gotcha. You may have a reputable / stand up dealer with an excellent body shop. (But I’d still get the warranty in writing just to be safe!)

I may just say f*** it and paint the black Shiney parts to match the mic top. Boom💥done

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

My dealer is Zeck Ford in Leavenworth, KS. They have always treated me fair and straight up.

OP
OP

Waiting 4 Years

First Edition
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon Package
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep.

What your dealer should have done:

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 10.11.08.png
I really don't know what color I would have picked, none of the FE colors would have been my choice. UGG
Yep.

What your dealer should have done:

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 10.11.08.png
I have been so beaten down by this entire Bronco situation. I keep asking myself what I'm doing still getting one. I got my FE reservation on 7/13 at 10:09 PM, I was flying high, I've been waiting for years for the Bronco to happen. While waiting I had 2 vehicles as 2 year leases and have now purchased a Rubicon because of it's high resale value.

I'm feeling like I should wait until MY22 to get the white roof and more color options that I really want. It's just the unknown that's scaring me. What models will have the white roof and colors that I want? Are those base models or loaded? Is it going to be like the FE lottery to get them and I don't manage to snag one this time?

I feel like everything that I thought the Bronco would be won't be available until MY22. I keep coming back to "I managed to get a FE and it will be so unique" do I really want to give that up? Should I just order it and use it until I can order a MY22 that I love and then just trade in the FE?

What do I need to do to get into the line for a MY22? Is it already too late and I won't be able to get one until MY23?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't know what color I would have picked, none of the FE colors would have been my choice. UGG

I have been so beaten down by this entire Bronco situation. I keep asking myself what I'm doing still getting one. I got my FE reservation on 7/13 at 10:09 PM, I was flying high, I've been waiting for years for the Bronco to happen. While waiting I had 2 vehicles as 2 year leases and have now purchased a Rubicon because of it's high resale value.

I'm feeling like I should wait until MY22 to get the white roof and more color options that I really want. It's just the unknown that's scaring me. What models will have the white roof and colors that I want? Are those base models or loaded? Is it going to be like the FE lottery to get them and I don't manage to snag one this time?

I feel like everything that I thought the Bronco would be won't be available until MY22. I keep coming back to "I managed to get a FE and it will be so unique" do I really want to give that up? Should I just order it and use it until I can order a MY22 that I love and then just trade in the FE?

What do I need to do to get into the line for a MY22? Is it already too late and I won't be able to get one until MY23?
You’re in line for a Bronco already. Ranked by your timestamp.

If you want a MY22, you just need to tell your dealer and they will code your priority “99”

When they do their scheduling blocks in the coming weeks, they’ll start at the earliest time stamp and skip anyone with a 99 code (or a build they don’t have the parts for). At the next block, they’ll start back with the earliest timestamp and do it again with whatever orders haven’t been built yet.

Sometime this summer/fall MY22 ordering will open. You’ll adjust whatever options you want and then your order priority code will be changed to a “do build” number.

Then at the next scheduling block (first MY22 block) they’ll start at the beginning, and consider yours that time around. In this way you retain your place in overall line, you just basically said “pass” the first few times them came to you during MY21 production.

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I called my dealer today and switched to MIC Gray hardtop. I think Ford has been very fair on this, do the math before you get upset. $1895 (difference between tops) + $495 (free headliner credit) + $1000 (Ford accessories credit)
Total savings $3390. If I decide on black Hardtop or white Hardtop in 2022, I sell MY MIC top for $700.
Savings $3390 + sale MIC top $700 = $4090 total, which should be close to Black or White Mod Hardtop price. Or keep MIC top and pocket $2390 and spend $1000 on Bronco accessories.
Win / Win 🏆
Happy Friday 😊
Ford Bronco Painted top and soft top 2021 tenor (2)

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a question for all you Bronco shoppers who've been at this new Bronco ordering thing longer than me. This is probably a good thread to ask my question since it involves tops. I initiated a reservation a few weeks ago and now have a preview order from Ford in hand. Because of my lateness to the game, it's very clear that I will end up with MY 2022. My current order is a MIC top. One of the options I would rather have is a body color top. Given that it will be well into 2022 that my vehicle will get built, will I be able to change my order at some point to get a body color top? Of course, this assumes that this will be an available option. My dealer contact gave me documentation from Ford saying that MY22 would have that available. Can anybody enlighten me on whether I will be able to change at some point? Thanks!

Bob

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a question for all you Bronco shoppers who've been at this new Bronco ordering thing longer than me. This is probably a good thread to ask my question since it involves tops. I initiated a reservation a few weeks ago and now have a preview order from Ford in hand. Because of my lateness to the game, it's very clear that I will end up with MY 2022. My current order is a MIC top. One of the options I would rather have is a body color top. Given that it will be well into 2022 that my vehicle will get built, will I be able to change my order at some point to get a body color top? Of course, this assumes that this will be an available option. My dealer contact gave me documentation from Ford saying that MY22 would have that available. Can anybody enlighten me on whether I will be able to change at some point? Thanks!

Bob
Yes. Your build was based on MY21 options. When the MY22 order banks open, you will update your order to reflect the MY22 options.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bob
Yes.

At some point MY21 ordering will cease and MY22 will open. We anticipate that anyone who’s order hasn’t been built yet will need to submit an updated order for a MY22. At this point the mod top will be available for you to add to your order.

I think you’re right, you should count on getting a MY22.

(Theoretically everyone in front of you could cancel their order, which means you’d get a MY21... if you think you’d rather wait for a MY22 in that instance for the Mod top, you could ask your dealer to give you a priority 99... it’s an option, but probably overkill considering your reservation date. )

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks BB and Zach. Much appreciated.
Bob

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford has been pretty clear that the FE is only going to be a 2021 model and to that end, even last November it was clear that MiC top was the only option. The black Modular top was a nice gesture for late availability, but as noted, it didn’t work out. So, bottom line is if you want a FE you get the MiC top, you can always buy a different top later. And Ford has also stated that they will not build any first Editions for canceled orders.

Ford Bronco Painted top and soft top 2021 490DA4C2-D6C7-4BE6-8B33-F055544542D5
Sponsored