Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^^^^^^^ That is highly unlikely. Ford is not going to offer an "unstable" SUV to the public ever again. Are you old enough to remember the Firestone/Explorer fiasco?
I actually worked for Firestone when all that was going down. Those Radial ATX tires had problems, and I still think one of the issues was that they lasted so long. It was not uncommon to see Explorers with 100k-110k+ miles on the original set of tires, still with acceptable tread left, but due to age and miles in service were dry rotted, cracked, and starting to split in several places leaving them susceptible to unexpected and sometimes disastrous blowouts.
Sponsored

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This video covers how 4WP lifted the Bronco with a 1 - 3 inch lift. For some reason they have the deep dive videos Above and Below named in reverse.

Hey guys I really wanna go with the 3 1/2 " lift and 37s and please excuse my ignorance on the topic but would someone explain to me how that may or may not ruin what I get with Sasquatch pkg.? Thanks in advance guys.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SEMA 2021. I am sure we will see some crazy parts.
Can't wait to see what people are going to do with this platform. Although, I won't be doing any suspension or drive train modifications until I have a few options in every category. I will let the people with more money than sense do the testing lol!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plot twist... what if I do this and go from 30s to 37s and make my Base Bronco taller than your Sasquatch FE that costs double my BB?
Iā€™ll enjoy my interior creature comforts, 12ā€ screen, 360 cameras, electronic disconnecting sway bar in the BL while on the same trails as youšŸ˜

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ttboy i think the consensus is that the 4WP shocks wonā€™t be quite as good as the bilstiens... but I donā€™t claim to be the smart one around here... so donā€™t hold me to that. I donā€™t believe any of us can properly say at the moment since none of us have driven either one, but they just look like a somewhat cheaper adjustable shock versus something like a Fox that has extra cooling capacity

Sponsored
OP
OP
toymaster

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys I really wanna go with the 3 1/2 " lift and 37s and please excuse my ignorance on the topic but would someone explain to me how that may or may not ruin what I get with Sasquatch pkg.? Thanks in advance guys.

The truth is we don't know exactly but we can take an educated guess. We can say that nothing affects the lockers, rims, and R&P ratio the pkg gets you. In fact, the great thing about the sas pkg is you do not have to buy larger rims to run 37s, which I think is awesome. Not using the bead locks you have an 8.5" wide rim, which all 37s I have seen manufactures allow mounting on that size rim, and if you do use the bead locks then you have a 9.5" wide rim. Once you see the cut-away of the rim this will make perfect sense to you.

Also, If I may change your adjective, nothing will be ruined by lifting a sas pkg (if you use quality parts) however, parts do have to be replaced and that can be viewed as spending money twice by some folks. The parts that MAY be different on the sas pkg is the front upper control arm and the rear control arms (either the lowers or uppers or both sets). There is no stated difference, that I am aware of, between suspension travel with the sas pkg vs. non. The ride height difference of a sas can be accomplished several different ways and we only have speculation at this point. One literally has to measure each suspension part to figure that out, and no one with access to both sas and non-sas have bothered to inform John Q. public.

The key is to use better than factory parts when you do replace items. The shocks have already been mentioned in this thread as a concern however, I have never seen a factory shock that was really worth a damn. These may be different, who knows. As far as control arms and rear panhard bar also called a track bar, the length, shape, and joints that are used is what matters. You want beef, greater range of motion, and adjustability.

In short, (IMO) the sas only gives you ~3/4" more ride height, the suspension parts that will need to be replaced for 3" of lift will be the same wither you have a sas pkg or not.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmmm, so maybe I'll do a Black Diamond WITHOUT sasquatch but add the lift with 37s. šŸ¤”
This is my plan but I still might wait to see what other kits are produced in the aftermarket before rushing into the first available?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[...]
There is no stated difference, that I am aware of, between suspension travel with the sas pkg vs. non.
[...]
Great thorough answer.

I do want to point out Ford has stated 10mm less travel on Sas, but we all assumed it was just larger bump stops... so nothing crazy.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm, so maybe I'll do a Black Diamond WITHOUT sasquatch but add the lift with 37s. šŸ¤”
If people know already that they want a bigger lift/tires than Sasquatch provides, the math starts getting complicated.

Depending on what your ultimate plan is, youā€™ll end up paying for various things twice.

Thereā€™s also all the other things Sas gets you depending on trim (diff gearing, wider tires with less offset, upgraded front diff) that are most certainly cheaper from the factory if theyā€™re what you want.

I donā€™t think youā€™re wrong to forgo squatch at order and do it yourself, but one really needs to crunch some numbers to see if it makes sense for them.

Similar but slightly different: I wanted High/Lux but a mild lift to run 33/34s. I figured out how to build it a few different ways from different trims (assuming average aftermarket lift costs, etc) and eventually settled on the way that made the most sense for me.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Makes me wonder if they think that's a coil under
:ROFLMAO:

I agree with this not being an upgrade or a superior solution to the SAS.
It may be slightly taller, but the Bilsteins are far superior to these coilovers.
However,
These will be good for those who simply want it for the look and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone enjoys a good looking and bad ass looking vehicle, even if it's only used over speed bumps going to soccer games or getting lattes. At least I do.
(y)

Sponsored

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is my plan but I still might wait to see what other kits are produced in the aftermarket before rushing into the first available?
Oh definitely. I'm just glad to see options are starting to be shown.

Ideally there will be a Ford lift available and I will take delivery of my Bronco already lifted on 37s straight from the dealer. I don't "need" a front locker so a regular but lifted Black Diamond would suit me just fine.

The only problem with that is the gearing.

Last edited:

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wished they would have went into the control arms for the rear.

We will turn this forum into a modification information sharing forum, instead of threads for arguing over color and seat material, even if we have to do it one thread at a time.
I bought a brand new, custom ordered, 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4x4 and immediately found the Liberty Forum. It was amazing how quickly it transformed from a, "Grocery-getter, I have a weird issue with my SUV" type of forum, into the, "Hardcore off-road, how much flex can you get, modify the crap out of this thing until it's barely recognizable" type of forum. LOL, but, in their defense, it did say, "Jeep" on it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After years with my Jeep and building it up from stock, I have learned to dislike anything that comes out of 4wp. In the jeep world, there are far better companies that do not sell their product through 4wp. Only thing I use 4wp for is to buy my odyssey jeep batteries. So Im skeptical of this lift kit.

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the hoss system on non sas badlands allow you to adjust the height? I.E. gain some type of lift for bigger tires using the parts aleeady there?

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the hoss system on non sas badlands allow you to adjust the height? I.E. gain some type of lift for bigger tires using the parts aleeady there?
No
Sponsored