Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading comments about how much work it takes to keep their new Jeep on the road at 65 mph. I think putting a V8 in a Wrangler sounds as responsible as Tesla giving people a flawed self driving system
And telling them to pay attention to the road at all times.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just think a Base + Sasquatch Bronco ,2.7 Ecoboost and an $800 tune gives you a much nicer vehicle with similar power to weight ratio for HALF the price.. You get so much more with the Bronco. Plus if I'm buying an open aire vehicle I certainly don't want a big black giant cross bar with speakers blocking the view right down the middle. Jeeps are so overpriced. Most dealers want almost $37 to 40k just for a Sport in my area. You literally get nothing with that for that price. No lockers nothing.

Sponsored

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just think a Base + Sasquatch Bronco ,2.7 Ecoboost and an $800 tune gives you a much nicer vehicle with similar power to weight ratio for HALF the price.. You get so much more with the Bronco. Plus if I'm buying an open aire vehicle I certainly don't want a big black giant cross bar with speakers blocking the view right down the middle. Jeeps are so overpriced. Most dealers want almost $37 to 40k just for a Sport in my area. You literally get nothing with that for that price. No lockers nothing.
Do you really think a base Bronco is a “much nicer” vehicle than a fully loaded Rubicon? Some of the fanboys on this page are absolutely delusional

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you really think a base Bronco is a “much nicer” vehicle than a fully loaded Rubicon? Some of the fanboys on this page are absolutely delusional
Absolutely. Unless you like leather. Which I don't. Everything else considered Bronco is better. Aluminum body, frame made from higher grade Alabama steel, 35s from the factory, 8 inch touch screen in the Bronco is better that comes standard, full open air experience with no giant ugly massive cross bar, better suspension/handling(go fast in the Jeep and it's all over the place like a tractor) Mirrors actually stay on the Bronco when you take the doors off. Accessory ports everywhere. Ect ect...

Please tell me why the Jeep is $75k+? Because of a V8? Really? The same V8 that in the Scat Pack Challenger that they sell for $40k. Jeepers will pay anything hook line and sinker. Lol.. I'll take the twin turbo v6 and a tune and get the same power to weigh ratio.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait. It has a button to make itself sound cooler? Sheesh.

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely. Unless you like leather. Which I don't. Everything else considered Bronco is better. Aluminum body, frame made from higher grade Alabama steel, 35s from the factory, 8 inch touch screen in the Bronco is better that comes standard, full open air experience with no giant ugly massive cross bar, better suspension/handling(go fast in the Jeep and it's all over the place like a tractor) Mirrors actually stay on the Bronco when you take the doors off. Accessory ports everywhere. Ect ect...

Please tell me why the Jeep is $75k+? Because of a V8? Really? The same V8 that in the Scat Pack Challenger that they sell for $40k. Jeepers will pay anything hook line and sinker. Lol.. I'll take the twin turbo v6 and a tune and get the same power to weigh ratio.
Anything that most people would prefer in a daily driver is going to be better in a loaded Rubi vs a base Bronco... Leather, Dual automatic climate control, 8.4 screen with upgraded Alpine stereo, heated seats, heated steering wheel, soft touch dash and panels (that is a big deal to me. Even the higher models of Broncos look overly plastic) etc.

After that I guess it’s preference, but matching painted top instead of cheap looking gray MIC, painted flares, sway bar disconnect, steel bumpers, LED drive/park/tail/fog lights, etc.

The Jeep is 75k (still somewhat overpriced, but the argument was “nicer”) because it would be close to 60k (just like a similarly equipped Bronco) with the base engine. It’s not a freaking sport with a V8.

Have you ever even owned a Wrangler? I’m going to guess the answer is a resounding no. I’ve owned 5 Jeeps ranging from a YJ all the way to a JLU and none of them were “all over the place” I can let go of the wheel at 80mph and my JLU will track right down the middle of the lane. Will the Bronco drive better at speed, yes, but most people that have problems with Jeeps have had a cheap lift or piss poor installation of a lift.

As far as the sound bar, You don’t see it looking up from the front seats. It’s behind you. I’m 6’3” so I drive with the seat all the way back and I literally can’t see the sound bar without turning my head. You see it from the back seats, but I don’t ride in the back of my own vehicle so I don’t really care. You literally sound like Ford marketing when you bring that up.

I’m looking forward to getting my Bronco, but I’m not getting rid of my JLUR anytime soon.

Last edited:

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked a base Bronco with Sasquatch and 2.7 over a fully loaded Rubicon.
There are plenty of valid reasons why a person might make that decision. Calling it “much nicer” is asinine though. Especially when you consider there is a pretty good chance that the person in question has never 1) seen a Bronco in person and 2) never put any mileage of note behind the wheel of a JLUR

Read his reasoning, most of it is from the Bronco marketing brochure
Sponsored