Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Squatch Have them take off a flare on the BB and photo document the flappers attachment. Supposedly, the flappers can't be added to any build with the steps/rock rails. Also, these might be the accessory splash guards (DIO) and not the factory flappers ('76 Truck Stop Style).

Also, can you take detailed photos of the dashboard (IP) on the BB and OBX. Supposedly, the HLIP was first available in the OBX and above trims. The prevailing theory is that it is only soft-touch surface that distinguishes the standard IP and HLIP. But in Esteban's Garage Hostage video he alluded to the idea that the engineers were leaning towards including a soft-touch IP on all trims.
Looks kinda stuck to me:
Front driver fender hard flap
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_103901

I was 2nd in line until they decided to let people in starting at the back! What the flannel!?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks kinda stuck to me:
Front driver fender hard flap
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_103901

I was 2nd in line until they decided to let people in starting at the back! What the flannel!?
That confirms that those are the Splash Guards (DIO) and not the Factory Flappers. Also, way to go Ford in eliminating the modularity that they are so proud to brag about. Attach a splash guard such that you can't remove the flare. 👏 Rockstars...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Squatch

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That confirms that those are the Splash Guards (DIO) and not the Factory Flappers. Also, way to go Ford in eliminating the modularity that they are so proud to brag about. Attach a splash guard such that you can't remove the flare. 👏 Rockstars...
The rear fenders were still removable, but I think I missed the pic. I'll check when I get home.

Here's the passenger:
Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 20210403_105501

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Squatch

Also, can you take detailed photos of the dashboard (IP) on the BB and OBX. Supposedly, the HLIP was first available in the OBX and above trims. The prevailing theory is that it is only soft-touch surface that distinguishes the standard IP and HLIP. But in Esteban's Garage Hostage video he alluded to the idea that the engineers were leaning towards including a soft-touch IP on all trims.
I think Ford went the other way with it and eliminated the soft touch dash. The OBX and FE I saw at dealer events were both hard.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think Ford went the other way with it and eliminated the soft touch dash. The OBX and FE I saw at dealer events were both hard.
Just to clarify, the different IP(s) were both hard. Just that the upper trims had a "soft textured touch" and the lower trims were smooth hard plastic. That was back last fall. But so far, we have seen the texture translated on lower trims here/there. The soft-touch is still hard if that makes sense.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, what do you want to see? Interior?

I forgot mine!!!
Thanks for posting and nice work with the photos. Any chance you have interior shots of the BB?

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these the Broncos going around Florida? They didn't bother to send one with SAS? Will someone post from the next FL event and let us know if they are the same Broncos?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are these the Broncos going around Florida? They didn't bother to send one with SAS? Will someone post from the next FL event and let us know if they are the same Broncos?
California isn't getting Sas either :rolleyes: I'm glad to see a BD but wanted to see Sas too, not a regular OBX.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that there is no rock crawling in South Florida, but it would still be nice to see a Sasquatch. And a damn 2-door!

I have a Saquatch 2-door on order. I'd love to see one in person to make sure I'll be happy with it when it arrives. Though I don't like the look of the 4-door from the side in pictures, I've been feeling the pull of the 4-door after seeing a 2-door Wrangler the other day and thinking it looked ridiculously short.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) How much time were you allowed with the vehicle?
2) Either one of them a manual?
3) How many people are you allowed to bring per reservation? - Dies each person need a reservation (for the event) to see it up close?
4) Are you allowed to start it to hear the engine?

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for the pics. I love the value proposition of a non-squatch Big Bend, but those tires are far too skinny and pedestrian. Also, why do we NEVER see a BB without those hideous Kenworth-sized mud flaps?? 😡
Sponsored