Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Watched this one this morning - very interesting discussions.

I am a bit worried about highway wind noise, as that one had the sound deadening and it was still pretty noisy. Hopefully they get the MIC mold fixed for this for 2021.

The suspension discussion was really interesting.

Also the rock rails need to stick out further like the aftermarket versions weā€™ve seen this week.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailCartel

TrailCartel

First Edition
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That sharp turn on the trail using Trail Turn Assist! šŸ˜

1617421027395.gif
It really got my attention! :) I'm not a big dune guy so I want sure if i would ever use it. Using on the trail is a great application for it.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here is a video of my ride along with Brad. I have a habit of making major modifications to my Jeeps and he took the time to share some of his opinions and off road experience with me and I wanted to share it with everyone. It's a long video but its conversational and I hope everyone enjoys my ride along as much as i did.

Fantastic video! Thanks so much for sharing (y)(y)(y)(y)

merkelsjm

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A shitty WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a bit worried about highway wind noise, as that one had the sound deadening and it was still pretty noisy. Hopefully they get the MIC mold fixed for this for 2021.
Yeah - seemed noisy, but hard to tell in video. @TrailCartel - what was your impression of the highway noise?

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent video and I enjoyed watching it. I kind of agree with the driver, the stock unit is extremely capable and more versatile than a wrangler. On the other hand, we will quickly learn how to keep the performance and gain the desired ground clearance for those that desire/need it, in short order.

My personal plans are to use the Bronco as a overlander and an additional vehicle the wife is comfortable driving, which frees me to do more extreme modifications to my wrangler. I have a 3.5eb waiting to go into it, stretch the wheel base and body 10", coil overs, etc.

Sponsored

Smurph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 76 Bronco, 2008 GMC SIERRA2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, but these videos make me want to switch to the 2.7 auto 4dr, vs the manual 2.3 2 dr I had ordered.....
I also went on a ride along this morning. I was in the 2 door velocity blue badlands bronco, 2.7 auto
While I still want a 2 door I am seriously considering switching to the 2.7 auto after my ride. I would also upgrade to the Sasquatch in order to keep the 4.7 gearing in the axles. Our driver was Jason who is a Baja 1000 racer and does a lot with Brad and will be racing with him in the upcoming Baja. Much like Brad his knowledge of the vehicle and its capabilities gave so much insite to what these vehicles can do. As an avid off roader who drives a 76 bronco, my sister has an 04 rubicon that I have driven a lot, I was so impressed with the new bronco. I loved everything about the 2 door. Looks, style how it rode on and off pavement. you will not be disappointed in the capabilities of this rig
One big reason to go auto is trail turn assist. It is so much more than just donuts in the sand. Being from Colorado Jason and I started talking about black bear pass in Ouray CO and how TTA along with being able to engage just the front locker, will be such a great feature on that trail. Canā€™t wait to have a new bronco

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also went on a ride along this morning. I was in the 2 door velocity blue badlands bronco, 2.7 auto
While I still want a 2 door I am seriously considering switching to the 2.7 auto after my ride. I would also upgrade to the Sasquatch in order to keep the 4.7 gearing in the axles. Our driver was Jason who is a Baja 1000 racer and does a lot with Brad and will be racing with him in the upcoming Baja. Much like Brad his knowledge of the vehicle and its capabilities gave so much insite to what these vehicles can do. As an avid off roader who drives a 76 bronco, my sister has an 04 rubicon that I have driven a lot, I was so impressed with the new bronco. I loved everything about the 2 door. Looks, style how it rode on and off pavement. you will not be disappointed in the capabilities of this rig
One big reason to go auto is trail turn assist. It is so much more than just donuts in the sand. Being from Colorado Jason and I started talking about black bear pass in Ouray CO and how TTA along with being able to engage just the front locker, will be such a great feature on that trail. Canā€™t wait to have a new bronco
I'm not a hardcore off-roader (or even a medium one really), but this is the kind of useful sh*t I'm just soaking up to help me decide on my 2022 build. Thank you everyone!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would also upgrade to the Sasquatch in order to keep the 4.7 gearing in the axles.
What's your biggest reason for wanting the 4.7 gear ratio?

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truly enjoyed your video with the input from both you and Brad. Always appreciate input from folks who have experience with other vehicles and thus provide a unbiased comparison.

Sponsored

Smurph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 76 Bronco, 2008 GMC SIERRA2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's your biggest reason for wanting the 4.7 gear ratio?
I have 37ā€™s on my 76 bronco. When I upgraded to them I only had 4.11 gears in the axles. And I noticed a big difference in how it performed in the rocks and even just going up a long steep grade on Mointain passes. You can feel it big down and run out of power. With higher gearing 4.88 it doesnā€™t do those things. Engine will run at higher rpmā€™s at higher speeds, but I donā€™t drive it much over 65

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How was the two door on the highway part of the run?

I debated long and hard 2.3L 7MT or 2.7 Squatch in a two door badlands. Decided Iā€™d do the 7MT, and if Ford does get around to offering a four door with higher towing, Iā€™ll trade in for that in a few years.

Reactions: Jak
OP
OP
TrailCartel

TrailCartel

First Edition
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Great video, I know everyone is sensitive to the road noise, but is easily as quiet as my LJ or prior gen Broncos already, so I will likely be fine with it. I have been in a soft top and found it similar to my Jeep. If this video doesnā€™t make you want the trail cam, nothing will. I already ordered High package after KOH videos, but this was even a better demonstration. Super cool!!!!
Trailcam was really slick. We have BaseSquatch coming also. I think I want to change my mind and step it up a model or two so I can have the cam and stabilizer bar disconnect in it.

OP
OP
TrailCartel

TrailCartel

First Edition
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Truly an amazing video. Thank you!

I am going to admit I didn't love the wind noise/the driver talking about the problems making the hard tops.

Seems like it may be a bit hit and miss on noise levels - and this one has the headliner.
Wind noise drives me crazy!

The FE certainly had a ā€œknow issueā€ but it is a preproduction test mule. They will have that issue resolved before delivery. I was happy there wasn't hardtop squeaks/rattles and the road/ tire noise was mostly completely absent.
Sponsored