Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Look at you with the fancy pictures... Everything fuzzy but the Bronco :love:

Still mad at you for the April Fools prank though 🤬🤬
Little heavy on the Bokeh there Ansel Adams, but thank you. Great to see the rarely shown Big Bend without Squatch
Sponsored

Miamibronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went and liked what I saw... for the most part.

The only thing that threw me off is that I came under the impression that the interior finishes like on the door handles and hand brake etc would match the exterior color of the car. Actually that is false. According to them, each trim comes with a fixed color for that interior finish, regardless of your exterior color.
So my cyber orange exterior is going to have a velocity blue interior finish because it comes standard for the black diamond trim.
I assume aftermarket will be able to make replacements so I’m not too worried lol 🤣

EBF4CAD9-6AE9-475F-AFBC-84F1EB949A8A.jpeg

077B9EBB-F7EE-47A7-A270-9948286E3C87.jpeg

38153CCC-963B-4F6D-91C5-0CE111F686BC.jpeg

519F5703-FEC8-4C2F-9074-4BAD6C9AF595.jpeg

2587CC2D-AA8D-418C-A0DD-E1E1BD0CDC8D.jpeg

1120EB48-840D-4475-B26D-6FF4677E28BC.jpeg

38DDA8F7-6E6B-4A69-B81B-4E67929A0000.jpeg

4A9AFA2D-E480-4196-9F9C-C53A10C50DB1.jpeg

Attachments

OP
OP
Squatch

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Little heavy on the Bokeh there Ansel Adams, but thank you. Great to see the rarely shown Big Bend without Squatch
Next time, I'll take them in black and white so your joke actually makes sense. ;) Style choice since we have seen just about every other style of picture.

The Big Bend sans Sasquatch Package was a lot better in person than I expected and looks fully capable for what the majority of people (not we enthusiasts) will actually do with their Broncos.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know what I gotta do to get on that front page reel, but I have 90+ pictures I could vomit on here, lol.

Metro Ford Miami event April 3, 2021
Yes!!! They were "real" Broncos!
***There was a Bronco Sport there and it was ignored so hard, I kinda felt bad for it.​

Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 4A9AFA2D-E480-4196-9F9C-C53A10C50DB1

Ford Bronco Metro Ford  Miami  Broncos!!! Rapid Red OBX and Velocity Blue Big Bend 4A9AFA2D-E480-4196-9F9C-C53A10C50DB1

When I pulled up to the dealership, I was immediately both excited and bummed; bum-cited? I wanted to see a Sasquatch, 35 inch tires, and, in futility, hoped for a two-door. They drove these from Michigan which is why I suspect nobody will see a two-door any significant distance from the mothership.

Big Bend about to drop a sick album...​

Velocity Blue is really hot in person! It definitely looks better when it's overcast than sunny, but I have to admit it's better than I thought. Enough to sway me from Race Red??? I don't think so, but it would have if I had any other favorite color on order.

Big Bend, Big Mouth​

"Little more driver..."​

The painted black grill is 🔥🔥🔥

Front Camera

The picture I really wanted: door open and window down!​

Fifty Shades of Velocity Blue, no filter, overcast​

Yes, this is Rapid Red! It's brighter than the ol' Ruby Red, thank the flying spaghetti monster, and solidified my choice to find some sort of attachment point cover after removing the fenders.

The real transmission for all of us man-ly masochistic mechanical mashing motorists was pre-zent. I, with all the hubris of someone who is 6'3", glided the seat back to its furthest stop before I hopped in. Aside from width, it felt as roomy as my 2017 F150 and a bit wider than my 2007 JK, but that memory is going the way of Brian Williams. The tilt feature was intuitive and it already felt like I owned my Bronco.

A three-course apology began to form in my head as I went to row the gears without permission. I could not fully depress the clutch. So, after a healthy portion of humble pie and making sure nobody was looking, I scooted the seat closer. Halelujah, I could speed through the gates like any well-made transmission with the engine off.

Some features have turned my head towards a 2.7L Auto, but nothing about the manual transmission itself. It is a little short of ideal, but maybe a shorter person would disagree.

*Forgive the beyond-the-pale nakedness and my unmanicured feet.

@Beach_Bum and @Ryan P
I didn't get a pic of the OBX dash, but hopefully this shows you enough of what you want to see in the Big Bend. Definitely see some sasquatch hair-itage.

The male M.C. did complain about the road noise with the soft top, but he said it diplomatically. I have no idea what his frame of reference for NVH is when it comes to soft tops and I'm not always a people person so I didn't ask. It looks like stock Jeep tops, I guess. The wrinkles/creases in the rear quarter that stood out to me so harshly in pictures aren't really that bad in person; barely a flow and not yet a wave. It still looks a bit harsh in this photo, but that's just the photo.

One more update before I stuff my face...

I, stealthily, picked up the door in the bag. Not that I'm benching 300 anymore, but I can lift heavy objects like eight grocery bags per finger as I fumble in my pocket for my keys... super-strong! :p Seriously, though, it felt like 40lbs and the bag made it super easy. It wasn't cumbersome at all, but I would fab up a cart off of a Harbor Freight dolly to wheel to each portal for use in your garage.
*If you are in this shot and want to be blurred out, let me know.

@Ryan P and @Flynn1m , The cloth seats felt like... well... cloth seats. I was a bit selfish today and since I'm getting the MGV on muh Badlands I didn't do a full investigation, but a lot of components felt similar to my F150's components. The cloth seats may be slightly less quality than my F150's "unique sport cloth" seats, but it would take a real Princess and the Pea personality to qualify the difference as anything significant. I only got pictures of the cloth interior with my kid sitting in the seat--her favorite color is blue and she's going to learn to drive a manual transmission on my Bronco--and I'm not putting her on the internet at her age; just letting her be a kid. From my former life and owning a Jeep JK perspective, they're much better seats, but they're not quite as good as the cloth seats on an F150 XLT Sport; if I had to rank them.
Is it just me or do the Big Bend wheels seem more stylish than the Outer Banks? 🤔

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way you took these photos they almost look like toy models.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After the pic updates, I also realized they're both soft tops. I was hoping one was a MIC top to see it.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Next time, I'll take them in black and white so your joke actually makes sense. ;) Style choice since we have seen just about every other style of picture.

The Big Bend sans Sasquatch Package was a lot better in person than I expected and looks fully capable for what the majority of people (not we enthusiasts) will actually do with their Broncos.
I went back to a non-Squatch BB just to save some money for items I'll never use. But will definitely get new wheels/tires. I wasn't thinking yesterday, should've asked you to get a measurement from top of tire to bottom of fender. Trying to figure out if I can squeeze a 295 (33.3") under there or gotta stick to a 285 (32.7") tire

@Squatch - Is that you squatting by the rear tire of the VB BB in Miamibronco's first photo?
BUSTED 🤣 🤣

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went back to a non-Squatch BB just to save some money for items I'll never use. But will definitely get new wheels/tires. I wasn't thinking yesterday, should've asked you to get a measurement from top of tire to bottom of fender. Trying to figure out if I can squeeze a 295 (33.3") under there or gotta stick to a 285 (32.7") tire.
Greg, you might want to post the question in the Florida sub-forum so that others that are planning on going to one of the events on the Florida Bronco Family roadshow will follow-up. If no one gets an answer to your question, I'll try to remember when I see these two in St. Augustine on 4/22. Of course, I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night so no promises that I'll remember your request in 2 weeks.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Greg, you might want to post the question in the Florida sub-forum so that others that are planning on going to one of the events on the Florida Bronco Family roadshow will follow-up. If no one gets an answer to your question, I'll try to remember when I see these two in St. Augustine on 4/22. Of course, I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night so no promises that I'll remember your request in 2 weeks.
You and me both. I can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago 😔

I have 2 events I'm hitting up end of April, but who knows which ones they'll have. Ford should just tell us what max tire size is. Everything im seeing so far shouldn't be an issue. But if we actually knew difference between SAS and non-Sas suspension we'd be good.

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what I gotta do to get on that front page reel, but I have 90+ pictures I could vomit on here, lol.

***There was a Bronco Sport there and it was ignored so hard, I kinda felt bad for it.​

When I pulled up to the dealership, I was immediately both excited and bummed; bum-cited? I wanted to see a Sasquatch, 35 inch tires, and, in futility, hoped for a two-door. They drove these from Michigan which is why I suspect nobody will see a two-door any significant distance from the mothership.

Velocity Blue is really hot in person! It definitely looks better when it's overcast than sunny, but I have to admit it's better than I thought. Enough to sway me from Race Red??? I don't think so, but it would have if I had any other favorite color on order.

Big Bend, Big Mouth​

"Little more driver..."​

Front Camera

The picture I really wanted: door open and window down!​

Yes, this is Rapid Red! It's brighter than the ol' Ruby Red, thank the flying spaghetti monster, and solidified my choice to find some sort of attachment point cover after removing the fenders.

The real transmission for all of us man-ly masochistic mechanical mashing motorists was pre-zent. I, with all the hubris of someone who is 6'3", glided the seat back to its furthest stop before I hopped in. Aside from width, it felt as roomy as my 2017 F150 and a bit wider than my 2007 JK, but that memory is going the way of Brian Williams. The tilt feature was intuitive and it already felt like I owned my Bronco.

A three-course apology began to form in my head as I went to row the gears without permission. I could not fully depress the clutch. So, after a healthy portion of humble pie and making sure nobody was looking, I scooted the seat closer. Halelujah, I could speed through the gates like any well-made transmission with the engine off.

Some features have turned my head towards a 2.7L Auto, but nothing about the manual transmission itself. It is a little short of ideal, but maybe a shorter person would disagree.

@Beach_Bum and @Ryan P
I didn't get a pic of the OBX dash, but hopefully this shows you enough of what you want to see in the Big Bend. Definitely see some sasquatch hair-itage.

The male M.C. did complain about the road noise with the soft top, but he said it diplomatically. I have no idea what his frame of reference for NVH is when it comes to soft tops and I'm not always a people person so I didn't ask. It looks like stock Jeep tops, I guess. The wrinkles/creases in the rear quarter that stood out to me so harshly in pictures aren't really that bad in person; barely a flow and not yet a wave. It still looks a bit harsh in this photo, but that's just the photo.

I, stealthily, picked up the door in the bag. Not that I'm benching 300 anymore, but I can lift heavy objects like eight grocery bags per finger as I fumble in my pocket for my keys... super-strong! :p Seriously, though, it felt like 40lbs and the bag made it super easy. It wasn't cumbersome at all, but I would fab up a cart off of a Harbor Freight dolly to wheel to each portal for use in your garage.

@Ryan P and @Flynn1m , The cloth seats felt like... well... cloth seats. I was a bit selfish today and since I'm getting the MGV on muh Badlands I didn't do a full investigation, but a lot of components felt similar to my F150's components. The cloth seats may be slightly less quality than my F150's "unique sport cloth" seats, but it would take a real Princess and the Pea personality to qualify the difference as anything significant. I only got pictures of the cloth interior with my kid sitting in the seat--her favorite color is blue and she's going to learn to drive a manual transmission on my Bronco--and I'm not putting her on the internet at her age; just letting her be a kid. From my former life and owning a Jeep JK perspective, they're much better seats, but they're not quite as good as the cloth seats on an F150 XLT Sport; if I had to rank them.
Great pics and explanation accompanied with such wonderfully crafted verbiage!!

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Big Bend, Big Mouth

"Little more driver..."

Front Camera

The picture I really wanted: door open and window down!

@Beach_Bum and @Ryan P

Thanks very much for all the pictures! I can totally relate to your commentary, as well, since I am a current 2018 F150 XLT Sport owner (formerly a 2015 XLT) and a former 2013 Wrangler JK owner!

Mtea

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr 2.3 Auto, Porsche Cayenne Diesel Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the pics! I ordered an OBX with no Sasquatch and this is the first time I’ve seen pics that way. Most of what I see always has Sasquatch. I ordered OBX in spite of the wheels. I think they are the worst in the whole lineup. How did you feel about them? I’m thinking about having the shiny bits painted black like the rest of the wheel..