Sponsored

What eastern state should Ford choose to replace Vermont for the Off-Rodeo driving schooL?

• NY

• MA

• ME

• NC

• RI

• NH

Results are only viewable after voting.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm interested in doing two locations--Vermont and Moab. I would pay for the second one, but I don't think that's going to be possible given how many Bronco owners there will be. I'm a bit worried about having "quite an impact on the ambience" of the town, according to a woman who owns the general store there. 50-75, maybe 100 people would overrun the place, it seems. Moab it is, then!
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm interested in doing two locations--Vermont and Moab. I would pay for the second one, but I don't think that's going to be possible given how many Bronco owners there will be. I'm a bit worried about having "quite an impact on the ambience" of the town, according to a woman who owns the general store there. 50-75, maybe 100 people would overrun the place, it seems. Moab it is, then!
Lived and worked in a resort town. They might bitch about "ambiance" but at the end of the day it's all about the Benjamins. Small town, not just about them, but their neighbors making a living as well...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lived and worked in a resort town. They might bitch about "ambiance" but at the end of the day it's all about the Benjamins. Small town, not just about them, but their neighbors making a living as well...
I was being a bit snarky.

It's a decision for me because I have family I could visit in Vermont and bring along for the fun. But I think I would enjoy Moab off-roading better. Especially if they teach us technical aspects of rock-crawling. If I choose Vermont, I could always stay out of the general store so as not to bother her. 😉😆

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was being a bit snarky.

It's a decision for me because I have family I could visit in Vermont and being along for the fun. But I think I would enjoy Moab off-roading better. Especially if they teach us technical aspects of rock-crawling. If I choose Vermont, I could always stay out of the general store so as not to bother her. 😉😆

Not much interested in rock climbing. More interested in transferring my extreme 4 wheeler experience to an enclosed vehicle. With about a decade ~ of off time. Plus, will be a great road trip!!!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome! Just saw this posted on unofficial networks, but by searching (yes, I didn't create a double post! 😂 ) I found this thread. I planned on attending, but was wondering where in VT it'd be.

Good information about Vermont's current covid travel restrictions on Woodstock Inn's web page.

https://www.woodstockinn.com/modified-resort-operations-travel-restrictions

Hopefully approval for conducting Off-Rodeo at Suicide Six Ski Resort will be forthcoming soon
as well as easing of Vermont's travel restrictions.
Yeah, VT's travel restrictions are tight. I planned on doing some snowboarding this winter up there, but these restrictions kept me out. I couldn't make it work with all that quarantining. Hopefully either, 1. things will loosen up 2. I get my vaccine soon.

I love VT and very much welcome turning this into a long weekend trip. Went to school in VT, could even visit the ol alma mater.

Sponsored

Arkeisios

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pretty cool! Not sure about the other sites, but it only makes sense to practice in the Northeast if we're gonna be wheeling in the Northeast.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is the one I would go to so signed up for future info nothing sent yet though. Its a 2000 mile round trip up to the Northeast so we would make this a 10 day vacation for sure.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Last edited:

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

QuitPlayinWithYourDingy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4 V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
My money was on the 4x4 center in Bolton. Woulda been so close for us but the Wood$tock area is crazy nice too!

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2hrs from me! Awesome area!

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The mid-section of Vermont has some great state campgrounds for those who like camping. One of my favorites is Mount Ascutney State Park Campground in Windsor, VT. That would be approximately 35 minutes from Suicide Six in Pomfret, VT. They have 5 cabins and 10 lean-to sites. Those can be handy during rainy weather. The season is normally May 17 – October 18. Something to consider.

Vermont State Parks - Mt. Ascutney (vtstateparks.com)

Hang Gliding Launch Platform on Mt Ascutney. Unfortunately, you are not allowed to drive a Bronco to the edge. ;)

Ford Bronco Vermont Off-Rodeo May Be Coming to Suicide Six Ski Area [Update: Nixed by Local Residents] Mt Ascutney VT

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some potential Bronco owners may have their new truck or other off-road vehicles prior to attending Off-Roadeo. For those who seek off-road adventures in Pomfret, VT, or anywhere else in VT, the link below might be a good starting point. When you pull in Google Earth and GAIA Public Tracks, you can begin to assemble a plan. Might be a good project to consider.

Vermont Roads
Sponsored